• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michelin 5's

mjsrmiller9825

I have never purchased tires for my 2009 C14 that I got last fall. Cycle gear quoted me 415 plus 25 for each mount if I bring in Wheels. This for Michelin 5. I have the tire irons and ability to change tires but with a machine that will run this fast I feel I need balancing. Facing this every 5K miles makes me squeak a bit. Can't imagine what it would cost if I just took in the bike to a shop and said do it. I realize with 4 riders I will get 17 opinions on tire choices so that is not the issue. What is the best way to do tires if not afraid of a little work. I would have to check all the fasteners after someone else did it anyway. I'm way to old to be too trusting. I will check prices for buying online with shipping. Thank You all.

With you already having the Tire Irons, why not spoon the old ones off and the new ones on and then take them to Cycle Gear for them to balance?

I bet those Michelin 5's are very good, but alot of $$$
465 bucks to go 5-6 K in my neighborhood is alot.
Nick
2014 C-14

I changed my tires myself for years. I used Dyna beads to balance, which worked fine. I moved the beads from tire to tire, adding some to account for some lost in the transfer.

With the new bike, I am going to just have the shop do it.

try stallion tire sealant/balancer. they say it can seal up to a 1/2” diameter!
Sahara High Speed Tire Sealant - Superior Performance - Tire Repair - Stop Leaks - Extend Tire Life – All Weather – High-Speed – Slow Speed – ARDL Approved (34 Oz Bottle, Sahara) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G4BFQ3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_F1M72GGA5QXXCWJBKYDW
"Operates at Speeds up to 125mph."

maverick, have you tried this stuff at over 125mph? Our bikes will go quite a bit faster than that.

Turbojoe
If I had a hole, anysize, in my tire fixed with sealant I would easily limit myself to 125 max, maybe way less, but thats just me. More likely something like 70.
Nick
2014 C-14

I suggest that if you change your tires yourself, try riding them without balancing them. When I started changing my own tires, I looked at all the options. For the first set, I used balancing beads. The ride was smooth, as expected. The next set, I decided to see what they felt like without the beads. The ride was still smooth.

I'm on my third or fourth set of tires now and am not using any balancing beads, weights, etc. I just align whatever dot there may be on the sidewall with the valve stem and ride them. I've had the bike up to 90 mph and not felt any vibration that I can attribute to the tires.

Chris

^
Actually another sub version too, GT version (for heavier sport/touring bikes) or non GT version in the PR (road) model. I think all/most go with the PR5GT vs non GT, because of the weight of the bikes.

On my 4th set of 5's. Between 12 and 15 K per set. Get them balanced,
  1. Do you ride 2-up / loaded down at all?
  2. What are your cold pressures?
  3. Any extended high speed e.g. + 70 mph
  4. Twisties
  5. Any aggressive riding, I know subjective… (hard braking or acceleration, chicken wear-stripe what are your front and rear measurements?

Thanks for sharing.​

My NoMar chhanger has paid for itself many times over. And as Cliff said balancing is the easiest part of the job. I think I have the Parnes balancer.
I sometimes get Cycle Gear to change and balance a tire when I am lazy or the weather is cold and the tires too stiff. I usually IMPROVE on their computr/spin balance job with my static balance. Also, someone commented that they feel no vibration without balancing. However I believe that even though you dom't feel it there may be enough imbalance to affect tire wear. Many times I have seen wear bars on one third of a tire circumference but not on the other two thirds: uneven wear. Maybe caused by a slight imbalance.

4. Twisties
  5. Any aggressive riding, I know subjective… (hard braking or acceleration, chicken wear-stripe what are your front and rear measurements?

Thanks for sharing.​
Thanks; I ride solo, been running 42-43 lbs. It's hard to stay below 70 on these things, cornering hard for me is probably laughable for a hard rider, Rear 190/55 ZR17--- Front 120/70 ZR17

I ordered yesterday Road 5 190/55ZR17 and 120/70ZR17. Will order Parnes balancer Monday. Price on tires I believe 385. I may look for an affordable changing stand and see if I can avoid wrestling with these damn things on the floor. I appreciate all the feedback and once again, I am not a big "joiner" but Cog membership really shines. Let's see, Ordering Parnes balancer, sending my tire pressure sensors off to Fred Harmon, Getting a flash from suggestions on the forum----- good grief, a drug habit might be more cost effective! And all of this after a week or two on the forum.

Also, someone commented that they feel no vibration without balancing. However I believe that even though you dom't feel it there may be enough imbalance to affect tire wear. Many times I have seen wear bars on one third of a tire circumference but not on the other two thirds: uneven wear. Maybe caused by a slight imbalance.
I've watched carefully for vibration or uneven wear. None.

Someone on another forum contacted one of the manufacturers as to why their sidewall had no dot to align with the valve stem. The reply from the manufacturer said that if their tires are found to be out-of-balance, then they scrap the tire.

In other words, their tire is balanced already, and the need for balancing, is because the wheel isn't balanced. My guess then is my wheels are also balanced, hence my ability to get by without balancing.

It would be interesting to balance just your wheel with no tire, then see if any additional balancing is needed once a time is mounted. If nove was needed, then perhaps you could skip balancing the times in the future.

Chris

4. Twisties

Thanks for sharing.​
Either 2 up or loaded. Usually on a 4 to five day ride. 42 psi when able cold. Extended high speed? I've been told a ton for over an hour but cannot confirm. There are many more aggressive than me but do enjoy some spirited riding. Chicken strips show poor cornering strategy IMO. Anyone can burn off edges. Those that maintain the same speed w/o doing so...................... Heading to the bunker now...............

Chicken strips show poor cornering strategy IMO.
Agreed to a point. Burned up front almost always a braking in the corner and would agree bad technique. Also rear run to the edges where corner was not straightened utilizing the apex or double apex.

Then there is geometry, to make that corner you will (even when properly setting up the corner) burn the edges - you’ll feel it before you see it and then will obsess to replicate and drive to find the perfect roads to practice your new found freedom.

Last edited:
I spent close to $700 to change both tires the first time I needed new tires at a dealer and decided I wasn't willing to spend that kind of money a couple times a year. Before I needed tires again I had purchased a harbor freight motorcycle tire changer and a harbor freight wheel balancer. I get the adhesive wheel weights and have been changing them myself ever since and have saved a boat load of money. Just be mindful of where you tire pressure sensors are with breaking the bead and mounting and de-mounting tires.

Couple of comments here
1. I'm going to bite the Bullitt soon and get a set of those Michelin 5's next. I've always been a Michelin fan and I bet these are very nice, but pricey. I'm on RS3's now
2. Balancing: I had a tire guy for a couple of years who didn't believe in balancing; I rode several sets he mounted and did not balance. It seemed OK.
These days I'm getting my tires mounted by a friend down the street and I take a few minutes per wheel and balance them best I can. I start by cleaning the wheel off and going from there. In my experience all of my tires have used some weight to get them not to roll down with the heavy spot on the bottom. I like 'em balanced, I think it makes a difference especially at higher speeds.
I have have a few tires that needed substantial weight, I think its worth it to at least check after mounting.
YMMV
Nick 2014 C-14

I have a No Mar tire machine I bought 11 years ago, got tired of paying the local dealer to scratch up my wheels and do a crappy job of balancing and give me a attitude. I've done over a thousand tires now...woo hoo! Almost everyone of them required balancing, I'd say the avg amount of weight is about 28 grams (1 oz). Once in a great while I'll get a tire wheel combo that requires zero weight.

I just put a new Road 5GT on the front of my C14. Just for kicks I balanced the front wheel prior to putting the tire on. Put the tire on and still had to 20 grams to balance it. If you take your wheel and tire to someone who says they "don't believe in balancing" you should turn around and leave! They are stupid and don't know what they are doing. You go out and buy premium tires for your C14, that you know your going to hit triple digit speeds on you should have those tires balanced perfectly!

Ok, I'll bite. Last year I got 10k out of a set ContiMotions. I know some think that is not possible, but I did, and I am almost 4K into my second set and they look pretty darn good with no signs of wear. So I think I may be on track for another 10K set.

I took off a pair of Michelins that looked good when I bought her (used) but after 11 of my 100 mile commutes looked bad and the rear went flat one day on my way home. Little did I know, it had been plugged by the prior owner and it was almost invisible. Of course until it let go :LOL: and left me stranded out in the desert.

To be completely honest, I really love Michelin tires - just not at the prices they charge for a C-14 set. But if I could get an honest 15k out of them I would definitely consider them because I hate, Hate, HATE changing tires. I no longer own a Harley because I like riding more than wrenching and tire changing just brings back all those horrible memories in the garage and standing on the roadside without a mobile phone (in those days) waiting for help. I enjoy riding soooo much more than sweating and bustin my knuckles all day on my bike.

Just put a MR5 on the rear today. I bought my bike with 4s on it and I got 4K out of the rear with barely any appreciable wear. Caught a nail, so I went with the 5. I expect the 5 should last a good long time.

Last edited:
Picked up a set of PR5GT in 170/60/17 and 120/70/17 from Cycle Gear for $415 for my C10. Didn't need the front yet but because of the $60 rebate I bought both. I can't beleive the width of the rain grooves in person than the pics of the tires show. Had PR4GT last time around and loved them, especially in the rain. Hope to get 5k+ miles out of the rear.

Pipe dream?

Put the tire label off the new mounted rear PR5GT with current odometer reading on my tool chest next to the tire label from the replaced rear PR4GT label. Wait, what, I got 14,950 miles out of the balding but still capable PR4GT rear tire.
Did I miss putting labels up for a set of tires?

The label for the still mounted front PR4GT tire was there too and it has 8000 miles on it and besides some slight cupping it looks like it has half life left.
This is on a C10. I didn't date the labels but I'm pretty good about replacing the labels for every new tire so I don't think I missed a set especially when both labels for front and rear were there with staggered odometer readings.

Maybe they are worth the premium price besides the expected excellent all weather traction.

I know the C14 is a bear on tires but is anybody getting 10k plus miles on the rear 4GT or anyone that use these on a 17" converted C10?

I hope the 5GT gets similiar life, but if I get the expected 7500 miles out of it I may be scratching my head about missing a label/tire change and thinking about getting another 4GT.

Here's to getting older and forgetting where I parked the car, the funny thing is I never forget where I parked the bike though!!

Ok, I'll bite. Last year I got 10k out of a set ContiMotions. I know some think that is not possible, but I did, and I am almost 4K into my second set and they look pretty darn good with no signs of wear. So I think I may be on track for another 10K set.

Yes I know I am quoting myself, but it is time for a retraction! I am just this side of 6k and the ContiMotions are giving up FAST. The sides do not look good. centers look good, but the tires feel weak down in the turns. I'm definitely NOT going 10k on this pair. I'm a little odd, but not full on crazy.

Ok, about 1k on the PR5GT rear 170/60/17 on my C10, so far so good. No real signs of wear. Those little spikes on the tiare pretty robust against coming off, I have been down to the chicken strips and those little buggers are holding on.
No heavy rain riding to see how those deep/wide sipes work compared to the PR4GT that worked fabously in the rain, when the car I was following left wakes from their tires in the roadway. Will report back when I get in a deluge as how they compare in water.

On my 4th set of 5's. Between 12 and 15 K per set. Get them balanced,
I had better luck with tire life on the PR4GT vs the PR5GT
I purchsed the bike with 20,000 miles on it and the PR4GT,s were newer (but not brand new). Rear was 190/50. I replaced them with 3/32" tread left. 13,870 miles
Mounted & Balanced set of PR4GT's (190/55 rear) and got 16,995 miles (replaced at 2/32" tread) 16,995 (not a typo)
Replaced those with PR5GT"s (190/55 rear) and changed at 10,472 because they were wearing uneven and were at 5/32" tread)
Replaced with PR4GT (190/55 rear) and changed at 3/32" tread. 15,725 miles
Replaced those with PR4GT (190/55 rear) and got a flat the next day. Plugged it and have 8198 miles on it. Looking good but I keep looking at my TPMS.

2012 C14 Solo rider, pretty much loaded, 42psi cold, flat slab 85-90 mph (all the time) just a few twisties when I go on a trip.

I ask B/C I am jealous of you guys that get high miles from tires
I'm in the 5-7000 Miles group
Nick 2014 C-14
I think I could get even more miles if I had a chance to use the edge of the tires too. The tread takes it all.
I previously put around 115,000 on 2 Honda F6B's and would consistantly get 16-18000 miles out of Bridgestones on them.
It must be a combination of riding style with no short trips or quick starts.

Road surface smoothness also plays a significant piece here as well. Deeper / more porous roads will eat tires in half the miles.

I’m excited because right now we are on track for more than 6K miles on some RSIV’s whereas PR4GT and worse yet R5GT we just ate those up / melted…

Not picking on the C10 folks, I had a Ninja 1000 back in the day and loved it, but there is no comparison between C10 tire results and C14 tire results. There is a significant difference in the weight, power, and chassis of these two machines for the results to be meaningful.

The C14 is one of the few bikes I have owned that you can clearly see what I like to call acceleration feathering on the tire. My rear tire is clearly worn from the torque/bite and it is plain as day. I have seen it on drag bikes. Other bikes I have owned do not wear the rear tire in the same fashion. Why on the C14, because it is a heavier machine that pulls like a beast when you "wind it up" and it shows on the rear tire.

Last year I got right about 10k from a pair of ContiMotions, but that will not be the case this year. I will be lucky to get 7500 on this set on the same commute. No change in road or route between last year and this year. So at first I thought it could be the tires. After looking closely at them I am convinced it is me. So why the 2500 difference? My money is my confidence level with the bike and my right hand. Last year she was new to me, this year I am very comfortable with her and I might be making many more high speed passes during my commute and at times pushing up the mountain a little faster. I know the tire has a more pronounced feathering now and last year it was very mild.

I ask B/C I am jealous of you guys that get high miles from tires
I'm in the 5-7000 Miles group
Nick 2014 C-14

I suspect if you ever ride behind someone who gets these high mileage numbers, you'll quickly understand why they do. I did it a couple times, but it was pure torture every mile. Don't misunderstand, I admire someone who can ride in such a manner, but I'm just not able to do it myself.

I suspect if you ever ride behind someone who gets these high mileage numbers, you'll quickly understand why they do. I did it a couple times, but it was pure torture every mile.
Been there - done that 😑 🥱 makes for a long day, especially if unexpected in the first place.

Fred I see your comments on the Dunlops, I do agree these tires need a little more heat in them before going hard but after warmed up no issue and stick for me just a good as the Michelins and without the excess wear.

Michelin PR4 and R5 never need heat to be sticky but they just have too low a melt point; I find tearing the tires to shreads just from heavy acceleration not pleasurable and then the comfort of this tire goes away after <3000 miles..

Our machines are decently powered, add the weight and this combo when pushed hard is tough on those extra soft tires.

Fred I see your comments on the Dunlops, I do agree these tires need a little more heat in them before going hard but after warmed up no issue and stick for me just a good as the Michelins and without the excess wear.

My issue with Dunlops has nearly always been when riding in the wet or rain. Though I did also have a couple times when they slipped on either dusty roads where it hasn't rained in a long time or on roads that have a lot of smooth tar that rises up in the heat of the summer in Texas. If you never ride in the rain with them they would probably be fine tires. I just had so many instances in the rain on D205s, D250s, Elite 2, Elite 3. and Elite 4 Dunlops that I gave up on them. I haven't tried the Roadsmart and probably never will. After going sideways 2-up on a Dunlop in the rain, I came to the conclusion they can't/won't make a tire that has decent grip in the wet. I refuse to risk my life anymore riding on them.

I've never had this problem with Metzeler, Michelin, Pirelli, Avon, or Bridgestones.

Last edited:
My issue with Dunlops has nearly always been when riding in the wet or rain. Though I did also have a couple times when they slipped on either dusty roads where it hasn't rained in a long time or on roads that have a lot of smooth tar that rises up in the heat of the summer in Texas. If you never ride in the rain with them they would probably be fine tires. I just had so many instances in the rain on D205s, D250s, Elite 2, Elite 3. and Elite 4 Dunlops that I gave up on them. I haven't tried the Roadsmart and probably never will. After going sideways 2-up on a Dunlop in the rain, I came to the conclusion they can't/won't make a tire that has decent grip in the wet. I refuse to risk my life anymore riding on them.

I've never had this problem with Metzeler, Michelin, Pirelli, Avon, or Bridgestones.
Agree Fred that list of tires would not be hit out spirited minds - these are by Dunlop’s definition cruiser / touring tires.

The Roadsmart Sportmax tires are in a whole different league - not certain the chemistry.

Fred, my experience with the RS 3's is they do great in the wet. A couple of years ago I was headed to the Bun Cooler and it rained enough my "water resistant gloves gave up the ghost. I was on a new front RS3 mounted the day before with no time to scrub in. Not a problem it got me there. I also found that the RS3's give ME more confidence than any of the PR's I tied. I wore out sets of 2's, 3's and a 4.

Fred, my experience with the RS 3's is they do great in the wet. A couple of years ago I was headed to the Bun Cooler and it rained enough my "water resistant gloves gave up the ghost. I was on a new front RS3 mounted the day before with no time to scrub in. Not a problem it got me there. I also found that the RS3's give ME more confidence than any of the PR's I tied. I wore out sets of 2's, 3's and a 4.
3,000 mile trip and several weekends and the RSIV’s have been rock solid - several thunderstorms with torrential rains and we were pushing HWY speeds no problem, mtn riding and extended high speed riding these tires are lasting best out of any I have used since showroom new.

As we close out the year a few mountain weekends are in the offing - will report back.

Ok guys. Here's my story.
Just returned from Arkansas and looked at the rear tire on my C-14.
It's a Road Smart II and I now have about 2200 miles on it.
It definitely won't see 3000..
(NOTE: I installed a new front before the trip, (and fyi) I get about the same mileage on my front tires.

Before you start banging the tire I have, "hear me out".
I've tried multiple brands of tires and 3000 to 4000 is the best I get.
I've tried the premium brand tires and found that and spend more that double the $$ for about the same mileage...
I like the way the RS-II feels and I *liked the cost, so I bought 4 sets.
** Now that I can't get them anymore, I'll have to decide on what to buy next..
I do not ride distance.
,,,,,I like to trailer to an area and ride the twisties. (so most of my miles are "in" the twisties)
Most of those twisties are in Arkansas.
,,,I ride those twisties in a spirited manner and sometimes wick it up with Cliff/Jim/Bob/other in certain sections of the trip.
I run 40 - 42 psi in both tires.
I seldom ride 2 up.
I weigh about 210...
I have a stock suspension with the sag/damping set as best I can..
I have bags on the bike but they are not heavily loaded.
I seldom ride over "the ton".
,,,,(I prefer to cruise (turn to turn) at about 10 over the posted speed limit to keep my drivers license).
My entire tire is worn. {Not just the center or just the sides}.
,,,,,I don't have a large flat section in the center of my tire.
I feel that I'm only a moderate rider.
I'm only 69 yrs old, but I have a RED Connie. {Fastest Color)

I think anyone that gets 10,000 miles plus out of a tire, must ride like a girl... 🤣
{My apologies to the Ladies' out there for that statement.}

Let the flames begin!!! 😵

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I hear ya Ted😉

I just got 3700 miles out of a Avon 3D XM storm, almost all Arkansas roads. I was hoping to get 5000 out of them. Part of the problem was the riders I was trying to keep up with. 🤣
I just ordered two RS ll rears because of $ and others recommendations. I'm going to pair the rear up with the RS lll front because RS ll fronts are longer available.

Ride safe and stay healthy
Dale

(NOTE: I installed a new front before the trip, (and fyi) I get about the same mileage on my front tires.

I've tried the premium brand tires and found that and spend more that double the $$ for about the same mileage...
I do not ride distance.
,,,,,I like to trailer to an area and ride the twisties. (so most of my miles are "in" the twisties)
,,,I ride those twisties in a spirited manner and sometimes wick it up with Cliff/Jim/Bob/other in certain sections of the trip.
I seldom ride 2 up.
I weigh about 210...
,,,,(I prefer to cruise (turn to turn) at about 10 over the posted speed limit to keep my drivers license).

I think anyone that gets 10,000 miles plus out of a tire, must ride like a girl... 🤣

Ride safe, Ted
Ted, I've never ridden Arkansas roads but I've heard they are really hard on rubber. True?
I'm also one of those 'girls' that get 8-10k out of the RS3s. Russ @Motomaniac can concur..🤣

Norm

I do not ride distance.
I seldom ride 2 up.
I weigh about 210...

Ride safe, Ted
Ted I want to limp Blue home after burning an entire set of new tires at National next year. Let’s ride!

Ted I want to limp Blue home after burning an entire set of new tires at National next year. Let’s ride!
Wayne
FYI, if your tires end up being beyond limping home, look me up, I should be able to get you hooked up with a tire and the use of my garage to mount it to get you home. I live just 45 minutes from Eureka Springs.

Dale

I just got 3700 miles out of a Avon 3D XM storm, almost all Arkansas roads. I was hoping to get 5000 out of them. Part of the problem was the riders I was trying to keep up with. 🤣

Ride safe and stay healthy
Dale

Pretty sure I was behind you that weekend Dale & this past weekend I was following Ted/Jim. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. :unsure:

I installed my 4th set yesterday on my C14 since April! :cry: I had 3 flavors on the shelf to choose from so I got down the Mitas Tour Force for a try this time. We'll see how they do!

Ted, I've never ridden Arkansas roads but I've heard they are really hard on rubber. True?

Norm

Yes, lots of chip-n-seal. Great roads though but I seldom ride local unless a group is here from out of state.

I can't say that Arkansas Roads are harder on tires than other sections of the country.
(Haven't experienced the other sections)
The Arkansas Chip Seal definitely likes to eat rubber.

This weekend we did 450 miles of "* our favorite" roads while at the Final fall Fling Rally.
(** We intentionally stayed on the backroads, so no highways, and minimal straight area's.)
My "guess" is, the average Turns Per Mile (this weekend), was about 4 TPM for the entire 450 miles.
ie; We did about 1800 turns in 2 days.
Those turns, a semi aggressive pace, and the Arkansas Chip Seal is what eats tires..

Arrangements are being made so that tires can be mounted at the National.
Don't ask for details here. (I'm unsure of the plan. Just know there is one)

I highly suggest (that anyone with a 50-75% tire when they leave home) order a tire or 2 online and have them shipped to the Motel.
NOTE: If you ride like a girl and don't use them before you go home, you can sell it to someone who does. (Or give it to me) 🥴

2and blue,,,, we "will" ride. I Guaranteeeee..

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
The "chips" used on Arkansas roads have a lot of sharp edges on them, and there is a lot of flint up here which I suspect ends up in the rock chips they use. They also don't do a good job of the chip sealing process here, and use way too much gravel, and not enough tar. The chip n seal used in Texas was a much better grade. I can attest to the fact that the roads up here are the worst I've ever ridden on in terms of tire wear. But they also put huge smiles on faces. You have to pay to play.

The "chips" used on Arkansas roads have a lot of sharp edges on them, and there is a lot of flint up here which I suspect ends up in the rock chips they use. They also don't do a good job of the chip sealing process here, and use way too much gravel, and not enough tar. The chip n seal used in Texas was a much better grade. I can attest to the fact that the roads up here are the worst I've ever ridden on in terms of tire wear. But they also put huge smiles on faces. You have to pay to play.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is another road, especially in NC whereas the surface is extremely porous. Amazing grip, like riding on rails but does eat tires.

I do not ride distance.
I seldom ride 2 up.
I weigh about 210...

So much juicy material and so little time......

I'll just keep it short and sweet. That dirt slow RED chariot is hard on tires because the rider gets scared in the "twisties" and burns up the contact patch by over applying the brakes. The LADIES that ride twisties on a DAILY basis get better tire life because they practice smooth and controlled inputs that do not upset the chassis and tires, while maintaining an excellent pace that doesn't make you look like a bobblehead on a bike! I'll demonstrate this controlled technique for you sometime. Max performance doesn't mean max braking and max acceleration, it's more about finesse and smooth control that manifests itself in better overall times.

I'm sure this is a difficult concept for you, so let me offer a more basic explanation. Watch the movie Days of Thunder and start doing it the crew chief Harry Hogge way, and not the Cole Trickle slip and slide over control method - princess!

@ursharkfuel will you be at Nationals next year? Wife and I will need another “lady” to ride with and company while we wait for other to catch up.

I am going to try, and I am happy to "wear the dress" as assigned. :ROFLMAO: Unfortunately I work in healthcare on the West Coast and Covid has done its best to make my life complete HELL, complicating all my plans. Not to mention my wife is not as "excited" about riding as she was when we were dating 30+ years ago :(.

After hanging up my helmet in 2008 I am back on a bike for the past two riding seasons to lower the cost of my daily commute. I ride/drive an hour each way from the desert to the local mountains and back daily. So I ride the twisties almost every day!!! (y):cool:(y) I love it, but my wife is not as excited about it I am sorry to say.

The smartest used bike purchase I ever made was my 2011 C-14 in early 2020. I love everything about her, and think those that whine about her claimed short comings, real or imagined, should just buy a Goldwing and enjoy the grand paw ride. I had a new Aspencade in my mid twenty's and it did everything just fine, not fast, but smooth as a frozen lake and you could ride from tank to tank without stopping for a stretch. The C-14 is a Hyper-sport Touring bike and not a luxury sedan. Those that want to ride a pillow, should just go get one! The C-14 has a personality and not warts, just some overly critical owners looking for a bike that can do everything that has never been built. :rolleyes: I don't think it is possible to build a bike that can do EVERYTHING for EVERYONE, but the detractors persist none the less.

You betcha, I would love to make it to a National. But like Ted who trailers his Red slug, I too would need to trailer Connie which would no doubt piss off the bike just to keep momma happy, and even then, she may not want to go because she would refuse to ride and would make excuses like well what will I do when you are riding......Soooooo it could be a stretch goal.

Last edited: