• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michelin Pilot GT Rear Tire - 160/80-16 New

Jim Ansbro

I picked up a few GT's when I found out Michelin was cutting production on them. Been thinking about going with the 17" conversion, so I'm selling one of my spares. Kept in original box, in the dark, in the basement.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michelin-Pilot-GT-Rear-Tire-160-80-16-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3361dffca3QQitemZ220685401251QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Snarf said:
Just my luck...Shipping to Ia would kill me :-[
REALLY SNARF!?!?!

It only shows $14.50 to me here in deep south Texas coming from PA.  I'd think it would be as cheap to you... maybe not though.  Freight is a wierd animal.

EDIT TO ADD:
OK, looks like 16.54 to ZIP code 50010 in IA by Standard Shipping.  Looking at the first one shown, you'd be hard pressed to get that big rubber thang in a Flat Rate Box to ship USPS Priority Mail. LOL

Hmmmm maybe I need to do some investigating.  Soooooo walker how much ya wanting for that old tire.  Dont forget that they discontinued them because they were so crapy that nobody wanted them.  Heck I'm not even sure why I want it; just being a nice guy and taking it off your hands >:D >:D

Sorry Snarf, the GT sold on the 26th of Oct.. You shouldn't have bad mouthed the GT's, now you best march right out to the Connie's and apologize to them tar's! Or they'll turn into Italian treads! (wop wop wop wop...)

Walker18 said:
Sorry Snarf, the GT sold on the 26th of Oct.. You shouldn't have bad mouthed the GT's, now you best march right out to the Connie's and apologize to them tar's! Or they'll turn into Italian treads! (wop wop wop wop...)
:eek: :eek: Oh we wouldnt want that.  When I get home I will say sorry to my rear GT and take it out for a spin.

Snarf said:
:eek: :eek: Oh we wouldnt want that.  When I get home I will say sorry to my rear GT and take it out for a spin.
You still have both C-10's, right? Do you have GT's on both, or Avons one one?
I finally put the GT's on mine, the Dunflops are finally G-O-N-E! It's sooo nice to track straight, and the feel of these truck tires on her are awesome!

OK THEN, here's the latest GT deal.

http://tinyurl.com/2a7sd6j

BTW, I don't say I'm sorry to MY tires until AFTER I get home from a ride.  THEN it's time to apologize for treatin' em like war criminals.  ;D

Rev Rider said:
OK THEN, here's the latest GT deal.
http://tinyurl.com/2a7sd6j
Did you see the manuf date?? Don't think I'd trust them. August of '05, heck, my bike wasn't made yet!

Walker18 said:
Snarf said:
You still have both C-10's, right? Do you have GT's on both, or Avons one one?
I finally put the GT's on mine, the Dunflops are finally G-O-N-E! It's sooo nice to track straight, and the feel of these truck tires on her are awesome!
Oh most definitely still have both C-10's.  I only have the GT's on the '02.  I dont beleive they will fit on the 86.  I still have the new shoes that Jimmy put on the 86'er.  They will be down to nubs this spring.