• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michelin Tire Report

nickrides

Just before Thanksgiving and at the end of my season I mounted a Michelin Pilot, on the front.
The website says this is a moto GP style tire. Very soft rubber, but not a slick, its got grooves in it.
On the back I've got a half done RS2.
Well today I got to go out and ride , a 250 mile jaunt.
Nice sunny day no traffic or sand or gravel on the roads.
Coming back home up Co 145 from Dolores to Telluride I got on it.
This is about a 55 mile section that is all high speed sweepers.
That Michelin is So Nice in those conditions.
Really smooth and planted.
I think its going to have a short life but it was only 90 bucks
When I'm planning to do a bunch of days rides I might get a front and rear set mounted.
I don't think they would be good for a tour, but staying local, its a great tire!
Nick
2014 C-14

Gents
So today changed out the above front tire, I got 5K out of it, and it looked like it had 5-700 more in it. But I'm leaving on a tour and mounted a RS3. Previously I got 4400 out of the RS 2's. This Michelin is another very low priced tire and I'll mount a set of them next. Great tire!
Recommended
Nick
2014 C-14

I am right there with you. I think I will sacrifice mileage for the added handling and confidence a nice sporty tire gives. Helps having my own tire changing machine. I swapped some track day Dunlops onto the C14 to finish them out, only took 1000 miles but they felt great. Now I am just about to finish the awesome Michelin Power RS rear on the ZX-10 but the front looks great so it will go on the C14, that is currently on Dunlop RS-3. They are OK but I don't think I will get more than 6K out of them as they look now.