• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michigan - Ride-to-eat - Chase Creek Smokehouse - Sat, Apr 27 1pm, Chase, MI

talcon

My fellow Michiganders!  Let's get together for a ride-to-eat at the Chase Creek Smokehouse in Chase, Michigan

Saturday, April 27th, 2019 at 1:00pm

7143 S Depot St, Chase, MI 49623
https://goo.gl/maps/vb5fLttSpp92

We will meet to eat at 1pm - enjoy the ride there and home :)

Chase_Creek_Smokehouse_picture.jpg

I will be there, one way or the other! 43 53 11N by 85 38 16W There may be door prizes
or something like that.

I just wanted to add, and it's obvious in the google maps link above, that this is right on the edge of the Huron-Manistee National Forest.  So you left-coasters can enjoy some scenery on the way there - cough cough RWulf

It's been rebuilt after burning. Seen this is fairly common up here. I know of 3 old,
long standing gathering places that have burned to the ground and been rebuilt.

RWulf said:
It's been rebuilt after burning. Seen this is fairly common up here. I know of 3 old,
long standing gathering places that have burned to the ground and been rebuilt.
This place, Legs Inn and Ma Deeters?

I have not heard anything about Legs Inn. Do want to get up there
sometime this spring. If I can I will stop in and see what is up.

I sure hope Legs Inn didn't burn up - that would give their competition a real leg up on them.

Okay all - I called ahead today to warn them we were coming.  They don't take reservations but appreciate the heads-up on groups. 

So make sure you give me a heads-up if you're going to make it!  :great:

I put this event on my calendar. I haven't seen any of you guys in over 2 years, perhaps we can meet up along the way!  Jim

Planning on it.

TurboJim - Long time no see.

Would you be coming near or through / my area (Flushing, MI) on your way up?

Stasch said:
Planning on it.

TurboJim - Long time no see.

Would you be coming near or through / my area (Flushing, MI) on your way up?
Yes sir Stan, I'll come across 69 to 75. You give me a time and place and I'll be there!

turbojim said:
I put this event on my calendar. I haven't seen any of you guys in over 2 years, perhaps we can meet up along the way!  Jim

It will be good to see you Jim - and you Stanford!

Attn: TurboJim - Couple ideas on where to meet up below.

2 Lane Highway Route (2.5 - 2.75 Hours to destination)
10:00 AM.  Intersection of M13 and M57 at the gas station / convenience store on the SE Corner. (not much else there).

Interstate Highway Route (2 Hours)
10:45 AM.  Intersection of I75 and M57.  There are several fast food places / gas stations we could meet at.

Stasch said:
Attn: TurboJim - Couple ideas on where to meet up below.

2 Lane Highway Route (2.5 - 2.75 Hours to destination)
10:00 AM.  Intersection of M13 and M57 at the gas station / convenience store on the SE Corner. (not much else there).

Interstate Highway Route (2 Hours)
10:45 AM.  Intersection of I75 and M57.  There are several fast food places / gas stations we could meet at.
I'm good on either route, but if the options is mine, I think I'd prefer the the 2 lane route.  ;)

I rode down there today just to check out my GPS routing.
Half the route worked the other, well lets just say I am
back to working with base camp.

I'm good on either route, but if the options is mine, I think I'd prefer the the 2 lane route.  ;)

I prefer 2 lane as well, so its settled!  Here's the plan:

Meet at 10:00 AM -> Intersection of M13 and M57 at the gas station / convenience store on the SE Corner.

That's the 2 Lane Highway Route (2.5 - 2.75 Hours to destination)

See you tomorrow.

Stasch said:

I prefer 2 lane as well, so its settled!  Here's the plan:

Meet at 10:00 AM -> Intersection of M13 and M57 at the gas station / convenience store on the SE Corner.

That's the 2 Lane Highway Route (2.5 - 2.75 Hours to destination)

See you tomorrow.

I will meet you guys there. So watch out for me :)  I'm going to have to wear my fleece!

Well I'm sad to say I have to cancel. I was really looking to seeing all of you guys, we'll have to make this happen again soon ok!

Well a fun time was had by all (because we had heated gear).  The food and the company were great!  The irish coffee warmed me right up!  I just checked the weather the rain is almost on top of my home town with snow right behind it.

Jim I understand, it was a bit on the cool side. I drove down from TC as it was
30 when I left. Don't worry I will have 2 more RTE's coming up. One will be at
MaDeeters and the other should be at the Durand railroad depot. Have not set
dates yet. You can start the process by recommending some dates.