• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michigan - Ride-to-eat - George's Coney Island - Sat, June 29th 11:30am - Howell

talcon

Time for another Ride-to-Eat!  This time we are going to Howell Michigan - this is the weekend of the Howell Balloon Fest. 

Saturday, June 29th, 2019, at 11:30am at George's Coney Island, 138 W Highland Rd, Howell, MI 48843
https://goo.gl/maps/P8Y7s8N5H8v9Vi8k9

See schedule link below.  I plan to watch the kite team and skydivers after we eat and then will ride around the Brighton and Waterloo recreation areas for the day - returning to Howell a little after 6pm to witness the mass balloon launch before heading home.

https://www.michiganchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/BalloonfestBooklet-WEB-2019-final.pdf

2019MAP-final.png

Wow,
    Haveta catch you next time,  reasonably close to home (for me anyways),  the missus & I will have already landed in Bahston earlier that morning, headed up to Acadia Nat'l Park along w/ other points north for that week. 
Ya'll enjoy the breakfast....

DeansZG said:
  Wow,
    Haveta catch you next time,  reasonably close to home (for me anyways),  the missus & I will have already landed in Bahston earlier that morning, headed up to Acadia Nat'l Park along w/ other points north for that week. 

Sorry to miss you Dean - are you doing a bike or car trip this time?

DeansZG said:
  Wow,

Went there a few years ago Dean, had a blast! Eat a few lobster for me.

Now don't forget, this Saturday, coney island, Howell.
Come for the great door prize. To be given out after LUNCH!

RWulf said:
Now don't forget, this Saturday, coney island, Howell.
Come for the great door prize. To be given out after LUNCH!

Who's bringing the door prize?  If it's me - somebody is getting a talking tire gauge!  :))

Okay weather is looking better for Saturday than it did earlier in the week!  The problem is, I don't know if they launch any balloons if there is a front in the area.. maybe it will be gone by evening?  Hopefully they still have the stunt kites and sky divers at 1 & 2pm.

Also Georges is in a strip mall next to Kroger - you should be able to find it with the map link above. 

Be good to see you all - let me know if you'll be making it so I can give George's Coney Island a heads-up.  Thanks all

I think Richard got some payola from Stan to win BOTH door prizes. The fix was in! :D :D  Great time Great day Great ride! Nice to see everyone. Didn't really get hot until I crossed I275 then it shot up to 90. Much prefer the 82 around Howell. :beerchug: