• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Michigan - Weekend Trip - Traverse City, MI June 7-9

talcon

Traverse City 3-day Weekend, more details coming, the Great Lakes Dual Sporters will also be in town this weekend so there is the option of riding dual-sports this weekend if you are a member of that club. 

I have a 5-man Yurt reserved so far at Timber Ridge Campground for this weekend - so room for four more.  There are open campsites still and hotels nearby in town.

Many options for this weekend, sport-touring, dual-sports, roads are M-22, M-119 tunnel of trees.

https://www.timberridgeresort.net/

Sounds like a great time, if only it were a few weeks later. Still too employed in early June. I may try to get to the Gilmore museum vintage bike day that Sunday.
Great to see more things on the schedule in Michigan. I hope to see you at something!

Hi all - I just spoke to Timber Ridge and they only have one campsite left for this weekend.  I still have room in my Yurt.  If that fills and more want to come, we will do our best to accomodate - just let me know as far in advance as possible.  If you just want to come up and ride for the day - let me know also.

Timber Ridge Resort
4050 Hammond Road East
Traverse City, Michigan 49686

I expect to arrive in the late afternoon Friday.... going to leave in the morning and enjoy the ride up :)

Three spots taken in the Yurt now - anybody else want to come up?
Weather is looking GOOD - so far only looks like rain on Sunday afternoon/night.

Yep I am planning on being over at the camp some time in the after noon.
Hit me with a text 231620 4825

Yurt alert! Yurt alert! Had a great time at Timber Ridge resort. Weather was great as were the rides. Never stayed in a yurt before but it had all the comforts of home. Mega thanks to Randy for setting everything up and thanks to Richard for setting up a superb route for us to ride. Makes me wish I didn't wait so damn long to go on my first multi day COG event. For me it was a huge success! No breakdowns, no wrecks and no tickets! (although Richard probably could have gotten us out of any tickets as he seems to be known by EVERYBODY in the Northwest LP!) :pokestick: :pokestick:  Thanks again guys and lets to it again real soon! :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Well not everybody, just the good ones. I am working on a repeat RTE to that
"Chase Creek Smoke House". Last time it was real cold. Randy and Stan look
like the Michelin man then they got there. I have a route from my place worked
out that's just as good. Camping sleeping at my place is possible.

As long as the work schedule cooperates I'm there Richard.  Cold riding doesn't bother me, after the first two hours you can't feel anything anyway! ;D

This turned out to be an awesome weekend with NO rain!  I hit some very light sprinkles on the way home - barely enough to get the tops of my sleeves damp.  Thanks for coming out and good to see you guys!