• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid Road Trip advice please: Highway Pegs with T Rex Crash Bars

mrinnocent

Hi! I’m halfway through a 3000 mi road trip and could really use some highway pegs. I have the T Rex crash bars up front. Would someone please give me advice on some pegs to buy? Bonus points if I can get them at Cycle Gear or some other convenient location. Currently I’m near San Antonio and tomorrow will be leaving for Phoenix via El Paso. Thanks!

I think ron203 just put some in his bike. Wrote an article in the concourier about it. The pegs wont be an issue, those can be found anywhere the mounts can be tricky..

You can get the pegs from Amazon or Murph’s Kits or something that’ll work at Cyclegear. I used RIvco anti vibration type. I think those came from J&P Cycles. You might find clamps at Cyclegear.

BUT be sure you find clamps to fit your bars. Don’t know if t-Rex bars are all the same but mine are 7/8” diameter. Murph only has 1” and they’re in the C-10 section. Mine came from Amazon from Orange Cycles. You might be able to shim up some 1” to work.

Hi! I’m halfway through a 3000 mi road trip and could really use some highway pegs. I have the T Rex crash bars up front. Would someone please give me advice on some pegs to buy? Bonus points if I can get them at Cycle Gear or some other convenient location. Currently I’m near San Antonio and tomorrow will be leaving for Phoenix via El Paso. Thanks!
T Rex does offer a good unniversal highway peg setup for their crash bars. Don't know why they don,t advertise them more. They are the best and strongest I have ever found. Not the prettest but a good example of function over form. With a little effort and amagination they can be placed in many places, forward and back, high or low. I find lower and closer the most comfortable for me. feel free to contact me for more detail or pick.

Bill7800
COG# 12810

Attachments

• 20210511_110712.jpg
    20210511_110712.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 145