• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mini CO₂ Bicycle Air Pump

They are meant for roar bicycle, the ones with the skinny tires.
If you carried enough CO2 cartridges that might work.

I know, I carry one on my bicycle. I lost my motopump and replacement wont arrive in time for departure for a trip. Need to decide whether to bring the co2 pump or my big heavy car pump. I do have 4 large co2 cartridges. Was hoping someone had tried and had success.

forget the CO2.. have you ever tried it on your bicycle tires?..... just asking, as I have, and they need 3 cartridges to fill a mountain bike tire, barely.. then you freeze your fingers..  worst waste of money I made back when I was really riding bikes.. I had a small, manual "stick type" pump, that only cost like $10, with brackets for the seatpost, and used that all the time.. go figure..

Pick up the small Slime pump, or similar, put it in a double zip lock bag, and tape it behind the battery under the seat..

By temporarily removing the passenger handles, it's possible to squeeze a 12V electric pump in the space  behind. This and a cord/needle patching kit were still on the bike when I sold it.

Fortunately, I never had a flat to test out this setup. And I could never figure out how the whole mess would work.

So the tire picks up a nail, pressure oozes down, hopefully you ride it out and you're standing over the bike by the side of the road. One tire is flat, so the side stand won't work. Do you heave it up onto the center stand while standing over the bike?

Visualization assistance please.

I would have to just lay it down if help wasn't available.  BTDT and I just stayed on the bike until I could flag someone down to help me get it up on the center stand.

I had the BMW version repair CO2 kit previously, came from a 1984 vintage beemer (ie. smaller sized tires back in them days).
4 of the 'regular' sized canisters barely put 8 psi in the rear tire ( C10). Ditched the CO2 option and went with the electric pump, and way back when, did the....... bought a pump, stripped the body off of it to down size it for motorcycle transportating.

Now days there are even smaller pumps available that are right sized for motorcycle travel. Some a little pricey, but for the piece of mind, in  the middle of nowhere, middle of the night, ect. ect., well worth the investment. 

YMMV
HTH