• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mini Tech Day - North Fort Worth

dalroo

Road Bike
Next Saturday, April 19th, we'll be in my garage doing some lite maintenance on another member's C14. We'll be pulling the left side plastic off and replacing his air filter and topping off coolant. For some of you, this is no big deal, but when it is the first time, it can be daunting having to pull the plastic. I did it for the first time in advance of the Wildflower Ride, but I had put it off for the same reasons.

Anyone who wants to come by and just watch, and for sure those around who haven't done a filter replacement, but need to, please feel free to come over. I have the tools needed for these and other routine services, so if you have other needs, as long as you bring your own supplies, it is always good to have others around to assist if needed. FYI - I don't mind dropping your oil off for recycling, but if you're going to be changing oil, please bring your own jug to empty my drain pan.

We'll be meeting at the Blue Hangar restaurant about 7:45 that morning, and then coming back to the house (about 15 minutes away) following breakfast to get started in the garage. Join us for breakfast, or just drop in later at the house. I'll have water and sodas, and have several folding chairs.

Just PM and let me know if you think you might join in and need directions.

The process of changing the air filter is much easier the second time around. Start to finish, we completed the work in about 1/2 the time it took me the first time. The offer stands, if anyone in the area needs to do this service, but not comfortable doing it alone for the 1st time, let me know and I am happy to assist.

Sorry I missed this 'roo, if I had my new rear tire mounted I would have shown up for this just to watch and kibitz a bit.
Regardless, thanks for hosting.  :great: