• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mitas Tires

Fred H.

Are these just vaporware, or are they really available, and if so where? Revzilla shows all sizes as UNAVAILABLE.

Cycle Gear & Twisted Throttle show to have them, Twisted Throttle shows low stock on front tire.

I believe Twisted Throttle was the 1st dealer in the states for them. That was ADV tires though & before they came out with street tires. Nobody in the street crowd seems to have ever heard of Mitas, very popular with ADV guys though.

Well I just got one for the rear of my z900rs the touring force street tire. It took almost 2 weeks to get it. I believe it ships from the manufacturer. i ordered from revzilla. I don't have very many miles on it yet, but will report back after a couple of thousand miles.

I installed a set of the Mitas Tour Force tires 5 - 6 weeks ago. Have only made a couple of day rides so I've only put about 650 - 700 miles on them. So far so good, seem to handle well with good traction & tracking but then again new tires always feel great. Longevity & wet weather traction are yet to be seen.

Hoping they do well since I ordered another set to go in my stockpile of new tires. :unsure:

Fred , Been using Mitas tires on my track day bike for a few years can’t comment on the Tour Force but there Sport Force +
Have done really well for me. Mitas is a big player in Europe

Attachments

• 753CF7B0-E199-4925-9EC5-A84925965556.jpeg
    753CF7B0-E199-4925-9EC5-A84925965556.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 159
I installed a set of the Mitas Tour Force tires 5 - 6 weeks ago. Have only made a couple of day rides so I've only put about 650 - 700 miles on them. So far so good, seem to handle well with good traction & tracking but then again new tires always feel great. Longevity & wet weather traction are yet to be seen.

Hoping they do well since I ordered another set to go in my stockpile of new tires. :unsure:
I have a set on the way also Cliff, Keep us posted on them !! (y)

I have a set on the way also Cliff, Keep us posted on them !! (y)

Lets hope they work out Andy. I would love nothing more than to find a tire that consistently gets 7,000 miles & does well in all conditions. That doesn't seem like to much to ask of a tire.

I ordered the second because the price was so good & Twisted Throttle had sent me a 10% discount code.

Lets hope they work out Andy. I would love nothing more than to find a tire that consistently gets 7,000 miles & does well in all conditions. That doesn't seem like to much to ask of a tire.

I ordered the second because the price was so good & Twisted Throttle had sent me a 10% discount code.
:) (y)

Hey Cliff, hope you have a Happy new Year ! :) Are the Mitas still doing the job ?

Hey Andy, Since I seldom do any local riding, the tires don't have enough miles on them to make a definitive call on them yet. They probably have less than a 1,000 on them & haven't been in the wet either but when they're done for, I'll let you know.

Happy New Year! 🍻