• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MN Tech Session - April 14th (Bloomington, MN )

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
Gary Hasert will be hosting a Tech Session at his place in Bloomington, MN on April 14th.

Gary has a tire changer, lift, and nicely equipped shop.  Please plan to bring your bike and get it ready for the riding season. Previous projects have included all types of brake repair, C10 valve adjustment, electrical accessory installation, wheel bearing replacement, C14 plastic replacement, tire replacement and balancing, and many more. There will be attendees there who have experience with repairs on both the C14 and C10.

For more details,  check out the COG Calendar https://tinyurl.com/April14TechSession.

Hope to see you there!

Hopefully this year the weather will allow me to ride up to Gary's. I am interested in purchasing some electric gear, I was hoping maybe Mr. Tundra could bring his Warm and Safe Jacket, and controller.
Look forward to attending, if mother nature is kind that day.

I might solve this before the tech session, but I have some beer cans I am having trouble opening? :beerchug:

If the snow-pack manages to recede by next Saturday, and the roads are open to Gary's house. Are we going to do any flea marketing? Who knows, by then, it may be a rescue mission, COGGER's delivering much needed rations to Gary's.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
If the snow-pack manages to recede by next Saturday, and the roads are open to Gary's house. Are we going to do any flea marketing? Who knows, by then, it may be a rescue mission, COGGER's delivering much needed rations to Gary's.

Kim - I hope you can make it.  Who else is coming? There are only 4 signed up on the calendar and we are still looking for some work to do.

The weather is not looking promising, looks to be rainy and in the 30's. 

I will the at Gary's for the tech session. I was planning on riding, but the weather looks "interesting". I'll play it by ear and make that decision Saturday AM.

Just like Cookie I am playing attendance to the tech-session by ear. I will be in La Crescent,MN Saturday AM. If the weather looks somewhat civilized I will drive up. Yes, I have already planned on driving a car.
Lack of projects for the tech-session is fairly understandable, most everybody rides Kawasaki's. But I am somewhat surprised someone with a Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, or yes a Beemer does not come forward with a project.    :-\

In any case, I plan on coming up, if mother nature allows it to happen somewhat safely.

Due to forecasted lousy weather for overnight Friday and all day Saturday the tech session is being rescheduled for April 28th.  :mad:

The location and other details remain the same. 

Looks like I'm out for 4/28. I already made a commitment to be at Tripper Mike's FJR tech session.

Not sure I can do both.

Have fun and hope for better weather.

We have a project. Joane's 650s forks are leaking so we will rebuild them. They are very similar to C10 forks so if you see this you can do your Connie.

Fellow MN C14 riders, I have a pair of OEM rider pegs left over from my 2008.  If anyone can use them send me a PM and we can arrange a meet to hand off.
Don

Just tried to register for this, the system said," canceled". Anyway I think it will be a great turn out. I am bringing shepherds pie(been in the freezer for 2 weeks), and those hard to open beer cans I mentioned about a month ago,hopefully someone can figure them out.
Barring  a huge change in the weather, I plan on being there.

Brian said:
Gary Hasert will be hosting a Tech Session at his place in Bloomington, MN on April 14th.

Gary has a tire changer, lift, and nicely equipped shop.  Please plan to bring your bike and get it ready for the riding season. Previous projects have included all types of brake repair, C10 valve adjustment, electrical accessory installation, wheel bearing replacement, C14 plastic replacement, tire replacement and balancing, and many more. There will be attendees there who have experience with repairs on both the C14 and C10.

For more details,  check out the COG Calendar https://tinyurl.com/April14TechSession.

Hope to see you there!

And 650 Versyses.

In, see all y'all.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Just tried to register for this, the system said," canceled". Anyway I think it will be a great turn out. I am bringing shepherds pie(been in the freezer for 2 weeks), and those hard to open beer cans I mentioned about a month ago,hopefully someone can figure them out.
Barring  a huge change in the weather, I plan on being there.

Kim - No need to register, just come on up...

But if you really want to make sure you have place in line to hang out with all the cool kids, go to the event on the 28th. It will allow you to register.

So who's bringing work to be done?

So far we have a C10 valve adjust, maybe a tire change and LED brake light install.

OK, I got registered, right date (duh). I might have some brake work on the C14 to do. The front brakes acted really weird in the rain last week. I will bring a new set of pads, and brake cleaner.  I hope to make it up in time to help on Joanne's fork seals, because my old(1984) ZN 1100 seals are weeping. Looking forward to some bike work and some BS'ing.

Yes a very good tech session. Thanks Gary, I hope there was not too big of mess to clean up.  It was nice seeing everyone, well worth my ride(460 miles, got lost for 20 miles on way home)