• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MN/WI Annual Spring Ride

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
Join the Upper North Central Coggers on our annual Spring Ride and explore some of the better motorcycle roads in the area while taking in the sights, sounds and scents of spring. We will meet at 8:00 in Stillwater for breakfast at the Perkins Restaurant at the northeast corner of HWY 36 and Washington, ride leaves at 9:00.

For More information check it out on the COG Calendar of Events. https://tinyurl.com/2018NCCOGSpingRide

:hum:

I'm in the neighborhood, but currently have other plans for that day. I gotta see what I can do to change them.

I could use a good run on them thar decent roads.

Brian Mac mentioned the Mezzepa bar burned down. I believe we were considering other lunch options anyway.

Gotta couple new twists and turns added to the route this year and I’m looking at Wiskeydicks in Millville, MN. for the lunch break. The establishment is owned by a young couple with one of their names being ****, located on the Zumbro River and curvy 11 and near a couple moto cross courses the place is used to seeing two wheeled riff raff like our selves.
And it appears that there probably will be some snow on the ground, hopefully not coming from the sky but with this freaky spring you never know.

likesbikes said:
Gotta couple new twists and turns added to the route this year and I’m looking at Wiskeydicks in Millville, MN. for the lunch break. The establishment is owned by a young couple with one of their names being ****, located on the Zumbro River and curvy 11 and near a couple moto cross courses the place is used to seeing two wheeled riff raff like our selves.
And it appears that there probably will be some snow on the ground, hopefully not coming from the sky but with this freaky spring you never know.

Sounds like great way to kick off the season....

Only four people signed up. Come on folks have a little heart for the organizers and sign up if you are going to attend.

Someone may want to contact them to let them know our ETA and number of attendees.....if everyone registers.....;)

Tundra Tom said:
Someone may want to contact them to let them know our ETA and number of attendees.....if everyone registers.....;)

Randy has contacted them to expect 15 or so.

Here is the route in GPX format.

I take no responsibility for errors, omissions, my typical screw ups :)

Attachments

• COG Spring ride 2018.gpx
    338.2 KB · Views: 108
Jeff Kerkow said:
Here is the route in GPX format.

I take no responsibility for errors, omissions, my typical screw ups :)

And for those who prefer paper, attached is a turn by turn route sheet.

Jeff's disclaimer applies to mine as well...

Attachments

• COG Spring Ride.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 125
Awesome day and ride. Nice route picking. Very nice lunch stop. Good food and the service rocked. Thanks for the welcome.

Cookie, see ya next Saturday for the tire party.

It was a great ride. Thanks to Randy for putting it together. Perfect weather and the lunch stop was excellent. We need to keep that on the list for next year.

Not sure how I made it home on that cheap OEM rear tire. There was nothing left when I changed it out today. Very soft in the middle. I think I wore off the wear bars. So much for Bridgetone BT-023's. Buy PR4s.

Steve, I'm still on for doing your tires on Saturday. I tested out the NoMar today. Not a lot easier, but I got the job done. I'm sure it will get better with each use.

Cookie said:
It was a great ride. Thanks to Randy for putting it together. Perfect weather and the lunch stop was excellent. We need to keep that on the list for next year.

Not sure how I made it home on that cheap OEM rear tire. There was nothing left when I changed it out today. Very soft in the middle. I think I wore off the wear bars. So much for Bridgetone BT-023's. Buy PR4s.

Steve, I'm still on for doing your tires on Saturday. I tested out the NoMar today. Not a lot easier, but I got the job done. I'm sure it will get better with each use.
Great. I have just a hint of wear bar left, also on a BT023.

On TDY near Bemidji MN.