• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MondoMotos - LED Lighting and lots more

Finally installed mine...  About time....  I did the reflector mount.

lights_1.jpg

HID.jpg

Nice Kap!

I think I'm still going for the mirror mount. Does anybody know how to take the mirror assembly off? What pieces need to come off to get to it? Didn't see it in the manual or using the search.

Thanks,
John

Smokeyzx said:
Nice Kap!

I think I'm still going for the mirror mount. Does anybody know how to take the mirror assembly off? What pieces need to come off to get to it? Didn't see it in the manual or using the search.

Thanks,
John

OK, figured out how to take the mirror assembly off but it looks like it's held by three bolts. There's a metal base that would block you from getting the nut in there. Does that come off to allow easier access?

Attachments

• concours 14 upper fairing parts.png
    concours 14 upper fairing parts.png
    159 KB · Views: 156
They are installed under the mirrors. woohoo!

There are three screws holding the metal bracket in there, two are under the rubber.

I drilled another hole to mount the lights closer to the fairing so I wouldn't have to cut off one of the three circular things sticking down. I had to cut off the longest anyway to get it past the nut... Didn't realize it until after I drilled. Not a big deal, they still look good. If I had to do it again I would use the existing hole.

Attachments

• IMG_2757.JPG
    IMG_2757.JPG
    330.6 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2761 - Copy.png
    IMG_2761 - Copy.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2767.JPG
    IMG_2767.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 238
Hello COG Members

MondoMotos is relocating

We are leaving the Midwest headed for Arizona

A cross country move is a big one and the less boxes we have to haul around the better.

So we need to move product

MAY 1st - May 8th

----- MM10 Bullet Light Kits are on sale for $109 ----

newkit_wtrmrk2.JPG

This is our lowest ever price and no other discounts (coupon codes) are applicable during the sale.

We expect to complete our move and have our shop up and running again by Mid June

Our online sales will continue throughout the move with only a slight hiccup (May 13 - 20) where there will be delays in shipping.

Its business as usual from now thru the 12th - Orders received by 3pm est are shipped same day

Thanks & Ride Safe,
-Brian

www.MondoMotos.com

Would like to mount them in THE inner place of THE mirrors...  To give more expression of THE front 'V' look of the lights...

Is the switch shown included in the $109?
Is this the surface mount switch?
Does the handlebar switch cost extra with this deal? How much?

Aussie said:
Is the switch shown included in the $109?
Is this the surface mount switch?
Does the handlebar switch cost extra with this deal? How much?

Switch shown (and everything else) is included in the light kit.

Handlebar switch is $10.50 extra. I am not sure that the handlebar mount switch works with all Connie's however (space on the bars).

thanks,
-Brian

Hello COG'rs ;D

MondoMotos very recently relocated from the Great Lakes to the Desert Southwest putting us just about an hour south of Prescott, AZ and I couldnt help but notice there is a rally there this weekend (starting today in fact).

By coincidence I am plannig a visit to Prescott this Sunday and wanted to extend an offer to anyone attending the rally:

I will be bringing along a couple dozen light kits and be offering them for purchase (cash or charge) to interested parties in the area.

Special "Prescott Price" $115 (+ tax) Cash or Charge

While we wont be setting up camp or claiming any spot of land as our own, I will be available to meet up with anyone looking to purchase a light kit.  No plan is yet set in stone, but I can be reached @ 810-299-1832 to arrange a meet up.

I realize this is very short notice and we are not sponsors and not officially attending the Rally so hopefully this offer doesn't rustle any feathers or infringe on COG rules.

Enjoy the Rally and Ride Safe  :motonoises:
-Brian

(FWIW - I have tried on more than one occasion to have my membership status made current as in - paid up - but to no avail  :-[  always shows Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term)

MondoMotos said:
I realize this is very short notice and we are not sponsors and not officially attending the Rally so hopefully this offer doesn't rustle any feathers or infringe on COG rules.
If you are in the area Brian come on by the hotel and kick the tires with us.  :beerchug:

Prescott Comfort Inn
1290 White Spar Rd,

Redlion61 said:
Brian, are you planning to attend the National rallye in Johnson City TN?

Chris,

we will not be at the National rally. Being in Prescott was happen-chance as I was riding in the area the same weekend.

Ride safe,
-Brian

Can someone enlighten me as to how the switched wire interacts with the handlebar switch? Two questions?

Is the switch not powered until the switched wire is powered ... So the bike and the switch needs to be on for the lights to be on ... Series operation/wiring? Or, if the handlebar switch is off, does the switched wire turn the lights on anyway ... Parallel operation/wiring?

Is the handelbar switch a hard switch, so the lights can be left on ... So if the switch is left on, the lights are on after the bike fires up and the switched wire is hot?

All depends on how you wire them up.  I have mine installed where when the bike is off, the lights are off.  When the bike is on, I can have the lights on or off.  I did not connect them to the high beam circuit.

Larry said:
All depends on how you wire them up.  I have mine installed where when the bike is off, the lights are off.  When the bike is on, I can have the lights on or off.  I did not connect them to the high beam circuit.

Same here.  Bike off, lights off.  Bike on, lights optional depending on the separate LED light switch. 

Guys ... thanks for the input ... that's the way I want to wire them too ...

Should I assume that connecting the switched wire to a switched power source and using the handlebar switch will get the lights to work the way you describe?

Any specific reason you want a switch? Buy the kit without the switch and hard wire them to the lights. Bike on, lights on... bike off, lights off. The only reason I can think of to turn them off is if you do track days.

Actually ... no ... I am just trying to understand what my options are ... potentially it might be better to wire it directly ... thanks for the suggestion.

From your website:
LED Luminous Efficency = Compares to 50/55W Halogen (each)

Got a Lumen # to pin on that?

Gumby, Kap & Larry - thanks for the input here  :beerchug:

Zorlac - We avoid playing what I call the "lumen game" - There are quite a few factors that play into a lights "brightness" and many, many vendors will overstate "lumens".  Some greatly overstate it. We made a conscious decision to compare our products to standard Halogen lights in an effort to represent the actual output of the light in terms that most everyone could identify with. Serious equipment (integrating sphere) is needed to actually and reputably test a lights luminosity. I feel very confident saying that it is very unlikely that any vendor actually has this equipment and there overstating is due to "specs" not actual output. 

But if it helps, the CREE Chip used in the MM10 is rated at 900-1000 lumens.

Thanks,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
the CREE Chip used in the MM10 is rated at 900-1000 lumens.
Thanks.

FWIW, Under US regulations, H7 bulbs must emit between 1188 and 1512 lumens at 12.8v.
So I guess your approximation is in the ballpark.

Aussie said:

Should I assume that connecting the switched wire to a switched power source and using the handlebar switch will get the lights to work the way you describe?

MondoMotors ... Electrical question ... ;D

Is there a wiring diagram for the switched cable loom that you can point me at ... Or can you whip one up on a napkin and PDF it to us? I just like to now what I am wiring to what ...

All wiring insturctions/diagrams are on our website (saves trees  :great:)

http://mondomotos.com/Instructions

Thanks,
-Brian

Aussie said:
Aussie said:

MondoMotors ... Electrical question ... ;D

Is there a wiring diagram for the switched cable loom that you can point me at ... Or can you whip one up on a napkin and PDF it to us? I just like to now what I am wiring to what ...

Yeah ... I got that ... The wiring diagram is more of a "view" on how to plug stuff in. I know that I can reverse engineer it ... But what I was after was the specific wiring diagram between the switch, the switched power supply and the relay ... Rather than a single black line with another line T connection into it.

Why? Because I bought the kit, but I am thinking of using another wiring configuration and I am trying to work out how much of the existing loom I can use.

Aussie said:
Yeah ... I got that ... The wiring diagram is more of a "view" on how to plug stuff in. I know that I can reverse engineer it ... But what I was after was the specific wiring diagram between the switch, the switched power supply and the relay ... Rather than a single black line with another line T connection into it.

Why? Because I bought the kit, but I am thinking of using another wiring configuration and I am trying to work out how much of the existing loom I can use.

Not 100% sure I get the question??? But I can tell you that as far as the switch is concerned, connecting the red and white wire complete (close) the circuit and trigger the relay.  I will look and see if I can dig up our original wiring harness diagram that we used for production. If I can find it I will let you know.

-Brian

Is it possible to separately purchase the light switch with the rubber boot?
I already have the M10 light kit, but it was purchased before that switch was available.

thanks,
Alex

redkerk84 said:
Is it possible to separately purchase the light switch with the rubber boot?
I already have the M10 light kit, but it was purchased before that switch was available.

thanks,
Alex

I would like to know this as well.

Awesome!  Just ordered.
Tried looking for it on your site earlier, but couldn't find the switch.

thanks,
Alex

I have a set that has been on my bike since the beginning of this riding season.  They were great, but now one of them has gone dim. The lense looked a little brownish inside so I removed the 4 front bezel screws and looked inside. The back of the lense was covered with road dust and there is corrosion on the electrical connections. Obviously it was not sealed completely.  I have not opened the other light, but it appears a little brown behind the lense as well, but has not failed.  I have emailed Brian about this and will update when I hear back.

UPDATE: They recently upgraded their warranty terms and replaced my burned out light for a reasonable cost.  I think I will check and seal both lights before the next ride to be on the safe side.

Attachments

• P1080614 (Medium).JPG
    P1080614 (Medium).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 174
  • P1080617 (Medium).JPG
    P1080617 (Medium).JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 170
Hi I would like to put a couple on my KLR engine guards and if that works out some on my Connie's engine guards. I Need a ¾" bar mount?

wyomingpat said:
Hi I would like to put a couple on my KLR engine guards and if that works out some on my Connie's engine guards. I Need a ¾" bar mount?

Pat,

I am not aware of any mounts made specificly for a 3/4" bar. I would imagine that a mount designed for a 3/4" bar would work with a little creativity. Meaning you can add "diameter" to the 3/4" bar with no slip or duct tape (not uncommon).

thanks,
-Brian

Kudos to Brian,
I ordered a new waterproof switch since mine finally quit. Very fair price and he shipped it very fast. I had it in a couple days!
Very happy repeat customer here!
Matt

MondoMotos said:
wyomingpat said:

Pat,

I am not aware of any mounts made specificly for a 3/4" bar. I would imagine that a mount designed for a 3/4" bar would work with a little creativity. Meaning you can add "diameter" to the 3/4" bar with no slip or duct tape (not uncommon).

thanks,
-Brian
Hi Brian - I have a KLR now too. Both bikes actually have ⅞" crash bars and that is where I want to mount the lights on the C14 but the only real option for the KLR. Still no options? Once I can get the mount sorted I can by them.

Happy Thanksgiving to all !

just a heads up that MondoMotos will be offering the MM10 light kits for $99 on Cyber Monday. Quantities are limited and no other discounts (COG10) will apply.

CYBERMONDAY2.jpg

Thanks,
-Brian

It's Monday at 6:15am and I tried buying these.  I tried using the code COG10 but got a message saying "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"

???

Ok. That makes sense. Anybody know if there's a different code that will work? Can't get the website to show rhe discounted price.

I'm finding the same thing.  When I add the lights to the cart, it doesn't seem to have a way to apply the discount.

I went back now and the discounted price is automatic without needing to enter in any kind of code.

Got my pair ordered. Thanks

Greetings COG members

Just a note to let you know the MM10 has received a third revision and we expect to start shipping the new light kits this week.

While the light housing itself remains very much the same (size/shape) and and utilizes the same CREE Chip, the Version 3 light offers two major refinements:

-  Interchangable Lens (Amber Option)
-  Powdercoat Finish (Further reduces possiblity of fading due to UV light)

We expect to start shipping pre-orders this week and new orders can be placed as soon as tomorrow.

Hope 2015 is getting off to a good start for all.

thanks,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
Greetings COG members

Just a note to let you know the MM10 has received a third revision and we expect to start shipping the new light kits this week.

While the light housing itself remains very much the same (size/shape) and and utilizes the same CREE Chip, the Version 3 light offers two major refinements:

-  Interchangable Lens (Amber Option)
-  Powdercoat Finish (Further reduces possiblity of fading due to UV light)

We expect to start shipping pre-orders this week and new orders can be placed as soon as tomorrow.

Hope 2015 is getting off to a good start for all.

thanks,
-Brian
Do get a replacement set of V3s for my black now a goldish color V1s for fixing your link?  :)

Version 3 light

Let's hope they get their product this week.  They've been hit by the work stoppage at the ports and haven't been able to send out the pre-orders.  I was hoping to have my set by now (ordered several weeks ago) so I could use them for a ride this long weekend....I guess not.  :'(

Now that so many C-14 riders have these lights installed on the lower fender or on the mirrors, how much better do they light up the road at night and do on coming cars flash you because they are to bright and they want you to dim your lights? Just don't want more exposure to on coming traffic during the day but want to see more of the road in front of me and off to the sides at night.  More than my standard head light gives and my PIAS are always causing the on coming cars to flash me. To bright for them and I have them mounted low (2009) off the fender and pointing way out in front of the bike and down. They give a BIG pattern and are brighter than H-4 bulbs but they are not LED'S. I like them (PIAS) but they do get hot to the touch. Give me some feed back, PLEASE.  Thanks  Alan in S. Fl

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Now that so many C-14 riders have these lights installed on the lower fender or on the mirrors, how much better do they light up the road at night and do on coming cars flash you because they are to bright and they want you to dim your lights? Just don't want more exposure to on coming traffic during the day but want to see more of the road in front of me and off to the sides at night.  More than my standard head light gives and my PIAS are always causing the on coming cars to flash me. To bright for them and I have them mounted low (2009) off the fender and pointing way out in front of the bike and down. They give a BIG pattern and are brighter than H-4 bulbs but they are not LED'S. I like them (PIAS) but they do get hot to the touch. Give me some feed back, PLEASE.  Thanks  Alan in S. Fl
Mine are under the mirrors and on a two lane road I can see the ditches now. :great: I have never had an on-coming car flash me.

Gumby said:
Alan_Yucius_FL said:
Mine are under the mirrors and on a two lane road I can see the ditches now. :great: I have never had an on-coming car flash me.

I wonder if they are not so bright and that is why you don't get blinked at. How is the projectional distance forward for lighting the road?

Alan,
They are bright, they are also somewhat diffused though so they don't get as much light directly in oncoming traffics' line of sight. I get flashed rarely, however I have over 8000 lumen burning holes in the night and daytime thanks to Mondomotos and some killer HID lights. The mondo do fill in a large area but they are not a spot light per se, more of a wide, to very wide, flood pattern that is diffused well over  shorter distance, bright but useable.
Matt

mattchewn said:
motos and some killer HID lights. The mondo do fill in a large area but they are not a spot light per se, more of a wide, to very wide, flood pattern that is diffused well over  shorter distance, bright but useable.
Matt

Thanks for the feed back Mat. Sure would like to see them on a bike at night so I could pass judgement.  May have to wait till Roman gets his installed. Hope I'm not to old to care at his speed of doing things.  :):))  :rotflmao:

Alan,
Just go for it. you will be very pleased with how well they work.
Matt

I have much brighter Denali D4's on my KLR and keep trying to convince myself to get more light on the Connie. Trouble is I just don't need any more! Especially not at the premium prices it will require paying.

mattchewn said:
Alan,
Just go for it. you will be very pleased with how well they work.
Matt

I have much brighter Denali D4's on my KLR and keep trying to convince myself to get more light on the Connie. Trouble is I just don't need any more! Especially not at the premium prices it will require paying.

My Pia's were a lot more $$ but a lot more light. Will wait till I see them at night. Thanks Mat

Hello COG members,

Hope everyone is having a good spring.

Just a heads up that we are having a sale on the MM10 light kits (effective May 1)

$99 for the complete Plug-n-Play kit
(additional discounts not applicable during sale)
newkit_wtrmrk_500-500x500.JPG

Version 2 kit shown (V3 lights have removable lens for optional filter)
P1030481-500x500.JPG

Thanks,
-Brian

How do they mount on the C14? Does it take the place of the amber reflector using the provided bracket and the stock bracket?  Is the sale still on?

ManWorkingHere said:
Bill said:
How do they mount on the C14? Does it take the place of the amber reflector using the provided bracket and the stock bracket?  Is the sale still on?

[url=http://mondomotos.com/MM10]http://mondomotos.com/MM10]
[url=http://mondomotos.com/MM10]http://mondomotos.com/MM10]http://mondomotos.com/MM10]
[url]http://mondomotos.com/MM10]http://mondomotos.com/MM10]http://mondomotos.com/MM10]http://mondomotos.com/MM10]
[url]http://mondomotos.com/MM10
[/url]

As of 5-4-15 at 1308 CST:

Product Code: MM10K3
Availability: In Stock

$129.00 $99.00

ManWorkingHere - thanks  :beerchug:

The sale was scheduled to run through the weekend, but we had more than a few emails from folks this morning asking about the sale and have decided to continue it for one additional week.

thanks,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
ManWorkingHere said:

ManWorkingHere - thanks  :beerchug:

The sale was scheduled to run through the weekend, but we had more than a few emails from folks this morning asking about the sale and have decided to continue it for one additional week.

thanks,
-Brian

I spoke with Kris this morning and we sold the last kit we had in stock late yesterday. We expect to have new kits ready and to start shipping again on our about 5/18 (possibly sooner).

We will honor the $99 sale price through the rest of the week for "pre-orders". So there arent any misunderstanding. - pre-orders will ship first, on or about 5/18.

Thanks,
-Brian

Here's a set of MM10s mounted on MCE Canyon Cages. I like to have a sizable "triangle of light" that will be recognizable from a distance and believe these will do the trick quite nicely. I purchased these during a prior MondoMotos sale (just got around to installing them), and thank you Brian for a very nicely appointed kit.

Ted--

Cannon%2002_zpsx40jj9k4.jpg

Awesome! I'm going to get me a set soon. Another farkle to add...

Anyone have pics mounted on a C10 without tipover bars or mounts? I guess the someplace on the front/side of the fairing if no bars are used.

Brian- I just became aware of your Plug & Play kit from a fellow COGGER. It seems to be just what I need. Is there any chance of another $99 deal in the future?

Tom Taylor COG#7173

not to hijack this thread or complain ,I mounted my lights on the front reflector brackets and the brackets self destructed  (not meant for the extra weight )
any idea where to get heavy duty brackets ?.
I want to reinstall soon as I miss the extra lighting.
thanks  >:D jay

Cigar Jay said:
not to hijack this thread or complain ,I mounted my lights on the front reflector brackets and the brackets self destructed  (not meant for the extra weight )
any idea where to get heavy duty brackets ?.
I want to reinstall soon as I miss the extra lighting.
thanks  >:D jay

Use the fender bolt location w/longer bolts and nylon spacers. Worked for me. :)

mr t said:
Brian- I just became aware of your Plug & Play kit from a fellow COGGER. It seems to be just what I need. Is there any chance of another $99 deal in the future?

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Tom, no plans as of now.

We do offer a 10% discount to COG members.

Just click  "Use Coupon Code"
enther "COG10" (sans the qoutes)
Apply Coupon and 10% will be deducted from the light kit
$129 (standard kit) - 10% = $116.10

thanks,
-Brian

Brian,

Can you provide some pictures of the wiring kit laid out? I am running a switched fuzeblock and am wanting to see all of the connections to see how I might need to modify the wiring for my setup. How many amps is the switch rated for? With the lights only drawing 1.6 amps I don't see the need for the relay, of course I have a relay built into my fuse box that will control the lights on/off with the ignition.

PS. Those that have installed these, can you do the install without removing the fairings? I am thinking all of it could be done with just lifting the tank to route wires under it.

I ordered my mondoMotos Sat. afternoon, and they were in my mailbox at 3PM today. Great service! Now to ride enough to burn up my full tank of gas so it'll be easier to remove.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I'm pretty sure I'll be running wires from the battery to the front of the bike along the frame. Really not sure till I take a closer look. Anyway, the bride and I are taking a 230 mile ride today to say goodby to our granddaughter who is off to college. That'll come close to emptying the tank.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I plan to run my lights thru my Fuzeblock which is under the seat. That's why I plan to lift the tank and run wire under it.

I completed my MondoMoto light installation Friday and rode with friends Saturday. They said the bike was MUCH more noticeable. I did have a guy almost pull out in front of me, but he did stop. I think it was the lights that stopped him. I made brackets which mounted on my KB highway pegs. Easy installation but time consuming to do it right. This was on a C10 so the tank does have to come off. No big deal. Sorry- no pics- I'm not that smart.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
I completed my MondoMoto light installation Friday and rode with friends Saturday. They said the bike was MUCH more noticeable. I did have a guy almost pull out in front of me, but he did stop. I think it was the lights that stopped him. I made brackets which mounted on my KB highway pegs. Easy installation but time consuming to do it right. This was on a C10 so the tank does have to come off. No big deal. Sorry- no pics- I'm not that smart.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Tom,

thanks for taking the time to post up your review of the lights and install.  :beerchug:

-Brian

CYBER MONDAY

We will be having a sale on the MM10 light kits.

Coupon Code - CYBER2015

Will deduct $30 from the price

Standard Kit - $129

With Coupon Code - $99

There is a limited qty available and the sale starts and end Monday (11/3) and other discounts are not available during the sale (COG10)

Happy Thanksgiving to All !!!

Ride Safe,
-Brian

I have a set of these, they are awesome! I have them mounted under my mirrors. I will take a picture when I get a minute.

Here's a set of MM10s mounted on MCE Canyon Cages. I like to have a sizable "triangle of light" that will be recognizable from a distance and believe these will do the trick quite nicely. I purchased these during a prior MondoMotos sale (just got around to installing them), and thank you Brian for a very nicely appointed kit.

Ted--

Ted (and anyone else with similar setup) - I like the large triangle of light created by the lights being mounted to the Canyon Cages. I plan on ordering the MM10 light kit this Monday when on sale. However the kit does not seem to include brackets what would work with Canyon Cages. What brackets were used for mounting the lights on the CC?
Thanks in advance for advice.
Steve