• Forum Subscribers and COG Members, please be aware of policy changes put into effect due to action of the COG board of directors based on input from members. The new membership system makes it possible to implement these changes.

    Forum Subscribers – Forum Subscribers get a six-month limited feature trial forum membership. Forum Subscribers Read the Details Here.

    Members – Your full forum access is only in effect while your membership status is active. Members Read the Details Here

  • FORUM NAME - If you are a COG Member and your user name does not match your name in the old forum or you just want a new one, you can now change it on your own. Read the Details Here

  • *READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * If you are a current COG Member or Forum Subscriber and this is your first visit to our new site and forum, please go to www.concour.org and follow the instructions at the top of the page to activate your account and gain access to your site and forum.
  • READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME* READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * READ ME * Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MondoMotos - LED Lighting and lots more

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Member
Brian, I have the MM-10's and like them. The finish however,  faded to a bronze and is no longer black.  Will the the new lights have an improved finish?  If they do, I'm thinking about a new set, and using the old MM-10's for my truck bed. I assume the plugs are the same, so the swap should be easy.
 

Gumby

Moderator
Staff member
Member
4Bikes said:
Brian, I have the MM-10's and like them. The finish however,  faded to a bronze and is no longer black.  Will the the new lights have an improved finish?  If they do, I'm thinking about a new set, and using the old MM-10's for my truck bed. I assume the plugs are the same, so the swap should be easy.
Mine did the same thing.  ???

Brian already mentioned the new ones should be better.

MondoMotos said:
Greetings COG members

Just a note to let you know the MM10 has received a third revision and we expect to start shipping the new light kits this week.

While the light housing itself remains very much the same (size/shape) and and utilizes the same CREE Chip, the Version 3 light offers two major refinements:

-  Interchangable Lens (Amber Option)
Powdercoat Finish (Further reduces possiblity of fading due to UV light)

We expect to start shipping pre-orders this week and new orders can be placed as soon as tomorrow.

Hope 2015 is getting off to a good start for all.

thanks,
-Brian
 

mondomotos

Bicycle
Industry Vendor
Hello COG'rs

I apologize for the slow reply to the above. As with most I am sure, the holidays have kept me way too busy. The fading or bronzing issue was one we became aware of sometime in late 2013. At that time we asked our supplier to address the issue and as a result a second UV coating was applied to the lights in an effort to fend off what we thought might be causing it. It took several more months to determine if this indeed resolved the problem. As it turned out, it didnt really help. As it turned out bronzing or fading is a somewhat common problem with Black anodized metals. Also with black plastics/rubbers used on cars (my 2 year old jeep has seriously faded fender flares).Oddly, the fading/bronzing issue seems to be somewhat random and not effecting all the lights. We have the older lights installed on all the shop bikes and the ones that see the most sunlight (and abuse) on our DRZ rentals (arizona sun is quite powerful) show no bronzing after 1.5 years of desert riding and 1.5 years of day to day use back in Michigan.

One option for the faded lights is to paint using a high temp auto paint (the lights do get hot). Its a fairly easy thing to do. A little masking tape on the lens, clean the body of the light with alcohol (fast drying), spray a few light coats, let dry, remove the tape from the lens and you're set.

In short we started to look into other finish options for the lights. In 2015 we began to offer the Version 3 lights that use a different finishing technique and to date we havent heard of any further problems with fading/bronzing.

Going into 2016, operating MondoMotos has been and still remains a very important part of my life. I have and will continue to do my best to do so with integrity, honesty and fairness. That said, as a way of saying "thank you" to the COG community, we have  revised the current COG10 discount. In effect as of today COG members can use the new COG15 coupon code at checkout for a 15% reduction on the MM10 light kit.


Thanks and Ride Safe,
-Brian
 

connie_rider

Member
Member
Not sure why I haven't seen this discussion previously.
Definitely interested. Looks good.
Will do a complete read thru and make a decision.
  ($$ short as I just survived Christmas and my wife's charge card!)

Ride safe, Ted
 

Texas Concours 14

Member
Member
Nice product with quick delivery. I recently installed the lights on my 2010 C14 and mounted them on Canyon Cages so as to have a larger triangle of light as per VP01 on page 8 of this thread.

My only complaint (too strong of a word - let's call it an "undesirable attribute") has to do with the wiring harness. The harness is plenty long but the length of the "Y" in the harness that supplies power to the two lights is too short to reach the left and right Cages after having to snake the wiring backwards to exit the body-ware plastic near the gear shift lever and rear brake pedal, respectively. There was a lot of soldering and heat shrink tubing involved to make the wires longer. Not a big deal but another 18 inches on the Y of the harness would have been convenient.
 

mondomotos

Bicycle
Industry Vendor
Texas Concours14 said:
Nice product with quick delivery. I recently installed the lights on my 2010 C14 and mounted them on Canyon Cages so as to have a larger triangle of light as per VP01 on page 8 of this thread.

My only complaint (too strong of a word - let's call it an "undesirable attribute") has to do with the wiring harness. The harness is plenty long but the length of the "Y" in the harness that supplies power to the two lights is too short to reach the left and right Cages after having to snake the wiring backwards to exit the body-ware plastic near the gear shift lever and rear brake pedal, respectively. There was a lot of soldering and heat shrink tubing involved to make the wires longer. Not a big deal but another 18 inches on the Y of the harness would have been convenient.

Thanks for the feedback.

We designed the harness to be as universal as possible and quite honestly, this is the first I have heard of anyone having an issue with any portion not being long enough.

I have done a few installs on Connies over the years and havent had an issue. That said, I havent done any installs on bikes with Canyon Cages. I can only assume that is what presented the issue during your install.

Would it have been beneficial to have Plug-n-Play "extensions"?

-Brian
 

Texas Concours 14

Member
Member
Thanks for the feedback.
We designed the harness to be as universal as possible and quite honestly, this is the first I have heard of anyone having an issue with any portion not being long enough.
I have done a few installs on Connies over the years and havent had an issue. That said, I havent done any installs on bikes with Canyon Cages. I can only assume that is what presented the issue during your install.
Would it have been beneficial to have Plug-n-Play "extensions"?
-Brian

Thanks for the response. Yes, the issue pertained to installation on the Canyon Cages. An option for extensions would be helpful for those who don't do the conventional mounting on front forks or mirrors.
 

Connierider59!

Member
Member
I just came across this thread too. Usually only go to the forum section and C-10 emporium. Finally been seriously looking into adding some much needed extra lighting to my bike. 

I've been looking in several places amazon, ebay, Murphs, etc to try to piece together everything I'll need including some type of bracket to mount the lights which I need, right?

Since I know nothing about things electrical or the difference between a relay and a wiring harness I won't know if I got everything I will need in order to install them. Also many of the pictures in the older posts aren't available anymore so hard to envision where and what they would actually mount to.

Have I reached the Garden of Eden...so, you're saying I won't need ANYTHING else in order to install these?

Thanks all!   
 

mspickelmier

Member
Member
That is going to depend on where and how you are looking to mount them.  I chose to mount them as daytime running lamps.  The supplied brackets were not large enough for the stock C-10 caliper bolts, so I ended up purchasing the Denali mounts.  I really like the way they turned out, and you can't beat the price!






AriBklyn said:
I just came across this thread too. Usually only go to the forum section and C-10 emporium. Finally been seriously looking into adding some much needed extra lighting to my bike. 

I've been looking in several places amazon, ebay, Murphs, etc to try to piece together everything I'll need including some type of bracket to mount the lights which I need, right?

Since I know nothing about things electrical or the difference between a relay and a wiring harness I won't know if I got everything I will need in order to install them. Also many of the pictures in the older posts aren't available anymore so hard to envision where and what they would actually mount to.

Have I reached the Garden of Eden...so, you're saying I won't need ANYTHING else in order to install these?

Thanks all! 
 

Connierider59!

Member
Member
Thanks for the visual! Nice. The more I see it the more I'm starting to like that placement of the lights. Although that upper mount looks like Larry Buck's mount? That's what I had in mind originally but sadly he's not fabricating them currently. 
 

mspickelmier

Member
Member
Yes, it is a Larry Buck mount.  I really like it, The C-10 was my commuter for four years, and driving early/late during the dark drove my descision for the lights.  I installed the mondomotors as daytime running lights, as a very cost effective alternative to some of the other options out there. 



AriBklyn said:
Thanks for the visual! Nice. The more I see it the more I'm starting to like that placement of the lights. Although that upper mount looks like Larry Buck's mount? That's what I had in mind originally but sadly he's not fabricating them currently.
 

robertv

robzilla
Member
A buddy of mine wants to order these but currently shows out of stock! When is the next availability date for these?

MondoMotos said:
Sailor_chic said:
Nice discount, however the lights are still out of stock. When will these be available to ship?

Sorry for the late reply.

The MM10 Light Kits are back in stock as of Feb 2.

Thanks and Ride Safe,
-Brian
 

robertv

robzilla
Member
Looks like these folks are changing their business as you can't order lights directly, only from ebay according to the site. Hopefully they update their site for those who need support or info as all the PDFs, pics/gallery is no longer available.
 
robertv said:
Looks like these folks are changing their business as you can't order lights directly, only from ebay according to the site. Hopefully they update their site for those who need support or info as all the PDFs, pics/gallery is no longer available.

Thanks for the tip, Robert - I managed to hunt them up on eBay just now, their eBay seller name is Mondostore, which took me a while to find - they just have two listings (the lights and the superseal connectors), with some purported links (which are dead) to wiring harnesses and such.  Seller feedback is 0 at the moment - I'm thinking about getting the lights, but I'll probably wait until they're closer to being fully up and running.   
 

scout

Bicycle
MM10 LED Light Kit
A few posts back, the co. stated these lights would be available Feb, 2. Since it is recent, is that 2017? Right?
Have sent 3 emails to co. on avail. in the past few days- are they still in business?  ---No Reply uc=sing Ebay or the co. Website.
Any replies, thanks.
 

scout

Bicycle
After so many try and fail, I give up - do not need another Advanced Sport Touring retailer in my dealings. I will politely recuse  myself from elaboration.
 

Pat and Sher in Ma

Street Cruiser
I just went to the site and selected products and they list two different light sets and you can purchase using PayPal.
Seems to work for me but I'm not great with these computers so who knows.  :-[  Also not sure how the COG discount code
would work with the PayPal payment because I didn't go through the whole process.

http://www.mondomotos.com

Good luck
 

mattchewn

Member
Member
scout,
Mondo is not comparable to AST in any way shape or form. I also just checked their site, easy peazy PayPal deal. I have had a set of MM10's on my C14 for a couple years. Nicely done complete setup.
Matt
 

scout

Bicycle
Thanks- I see where the co. started "back up" and have the mm10 FS again. Still in my sight line...
They appear to be Off ebay and back to retailing on their site.

 

ChrisD

Scooter
Too bad.

Finally got the chance to install my set last month that I had purchased over a year ago.



 

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Member
A agree about the too bad part. They are small and bright. What's another similar option?  The Clear Waters I have seen are bright, but seem to be larger. 
 

gixerhp

Street Cruiser
Member
Industry Vendor
Does any one know if he was making these, or buying them some where, and making up the kits?
 

ChrisD

Scooter
It is mounted at the fender bolts.  I purchased longer bolts and washers.

2 x Aluminium Dome Head Bolt M6 x (1.00mm) x 30mm Black from ProBolt
10 x Aluminium Washers M6 (12mm o/d) Pk x 10 Black from ProBolt (5 washers each side)

:beerchug:

 

gixerhp

Street Cruiser
Member
Industry Vendor
4Bikes said:
Based on the links someone showed in another thread, it appears that he was buying the lights and adding the plug and play connectors/relay and an on-off switch.  Sounds like something you could jump into similar to your switchbacks.  >:D

Edit to add:  Here is the link for just the lights.
http://stores.advmonster.com/model-20-light-kit-with-harness/
Wow
Now why did you mention that,,,, Im looking at the idea.
What was Mondo selling the kits for?
Im sure there is room for improvement, or upgrade. Ive been looking for more lighting for a while, but much more expensive alternatives
 

COGnosticator

Member
Member
ChrisD said:
It is mounted at the fender bolts.  I purchased longer bolts and washers.

2 x Aluminium Dome Head Bolt M6 x (1.00mm) x 30mm Black from ProBolt
10 x Aluminium Washers M6 (12mm o/d) Pk x 10 Black from ProBolt (5 washers each side)

:beerchug:

Thanks for the information :great:
 

ghostrider990

Crotch Rocket
Forum Subscriber
Discounted, Mondo used to sell the MM10 kits for around $110, incl. harness.
it varied.

They also sold a bolt mounting kit for the fender location for $15, but it was always out of stock.

Skene designs sells a similar kit if you dont want to cobble the parts together for the fender mounting.
https://www.skenelights.com/online-store/T2-S-front-mount-pair-p80300557

I'm eyeballing a set of ADVMonster Lights for under my mirrors, but that's a few projects away. ;-)

gr
 
Top