• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MondoMotos - LED Lighting and lots more

mondomotos

Bicycle
Industry Vendor
Greetings all,

A few of you may already know of MondoMotos, but for those that dont:

My name is Brian and along with my wife Kris and our partner Bob we are the entirety MondoMotos.

MondoMotos was started in 2011 selling LED DRL's that Bob and I fabricated one at a time in our shop.

The MM01DRL caught on and became popular as a low power, cost effective and stylish Daytime Running Light.  Production costs caused us to discontinue it in 2012.  Since our inception, we have brought 3 more LED Auxiliary lights to market and continue to offer 2 of those.

The MM12 and our most recent offering the MM10 Bullet.

P1020366.JPG

MM10 Bullet Dimensions
Dimension%2520of%2520Bullet.jpg

The MM10 Bullet uses the CREE XM-L chip making it our most powerful light. It has proven itself to be a rugged, well made and a good choice for anyone looking for Auxilary lighting.

The XLamp XM-L is the industry’s brightest, highest-performance lighting-class LED. With breakthrough light output and efficacy, XM-L is designed for very high-lumen applications such as roadway lighting.

Each 2.5" heavy duty, rugged light uses far less electrical power (10 watts) and last up to 50X longer than a comparable (60-70 watt) halogen unit. Perfect for use where available electrical power is at a minimum, or anywhere rugged, powerful auxiliary lighting is required.

Product Details

Utilizes the CREE XM/L LED

Made of strong die cast aluminum with a nearly unbreakable lens.

IP68 (submersible) standard, Marine quality, Weatherproof, Waterproof, Rust proof, and Shock proof.

All the hardware, bolts, nuts and washers are stainless steel.

25 Degree driving beam for optimum visibilty.

Extremely long life- up to 50,000hrs

Its ultra compact size and low “draw” make it perfect for use on most any bike and it has proven to be a popular choice for Connie riders.

By day it makes a great DRL, by night it makes a great auxiliary light.

Kits are priced @ $149 and include:

2 - MM10 Bullet LED lights w/Stainless Steel Hardware (Plug-n-Play)
1 - Wiring Harness w/Relay and Lighted switch (Plug-n-Play)
as well as instructions
BulletLightKit.JPG

Truth be told, none of us currently own a Concours (however my brother is the proud owner of a 2005 C10 that has been his main love since it was new).

So why are we here?

First to thank you to those of you who picked up on the MM10 early on and posted up your reviews and thoughts here (and elsewhere).

Secondly to extend a discount to members of the forum interested in purchasing a set of the MM10 Bullet LED's (lights or kit).

By using the Discount Code - COG5 you will get 5% off the price.

Lastly, in mid 2012 we also began offering other products as well. Our website lists a few of these, but by no means does it end there.

If there is something in particular you are looking for, please let us know (email, pm, phone). If we dont have the best price, we will let you know who does.

You can find us @ www.MondoMotos.com

Thanks,
-Brian

Brian,
These look good! Wish I had known about them before I bought another brand to replace some LEDs that died.  :mad:
C'est la vie! I hope these do well.

Have you any photographs of your kit installed on a C14?
I'm all for more lighting and being more conspicuous - but want to see the finished product prior to purchasing.

Eddie-FL said:
Brian,
These look good! Wish I had known about them before I bought another brand to replace some LEDs that died.  :mad:
C'est la vie! I hope these do well.

Thanks for well wishes.

notsluggo said:
I'm all for more lighting and being more conspicuous - but want to see the finished product prior to purchasing.

Here are a few pics (thanks to the donor)
DSC02954.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02953800x592.jpg

Thanks,
Brian
www.mondomotos.com

Hi guys,
These are nice looking lights, and I'm wondering how they are built internally to resist vibrations. I have installed lights on the tip-over bars of our C10, and cannot keep bulbs in them. I've gone through several sets of H3 bulbs, each one ends up with the filament broken (in a couple of months). My lights are mounted very rigidly (see photo). I am concerned that the leads and wiring inside the lamps would end up breaking from fatigue. Can you describe how they are wired internally?
Thank you,
Jorge

Attachments

• DSC_0784s.JPG
    DSC_0784s.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 309
Dollartree said:
Just oredered a set of these.  I'll review them once I get them installed and used them for a few miles.

Thanks for the order, looking forward to your feedback.

-Brian

Brian and all, here are mine...love them.  Very easy install.  Even created my own handlebar mount.  Enjoy and let me know what you think.

5B4C119E-4EF2-48A3-A694-7992604089F8-14970-00000B11E6BA0FD8.jpg

AC29B906-4EA0-4C12-BB32-2BF60AF86F03-15013-00000B1531DC6BBA.jpg

and the mount....

62EDA8B1-FF8F-498F-A59D-AF397B81D8EE-14970-00000B11F4A54872.jpg

Jorge said:
Hi guys,
These are nice looking lights, and I'm wondering how they are built internally to resist vibrations. I have installed lights on the tip-over bars of our C10, and cannot keep bulbs in them. I've gone through several sets of H3 bulbs, each one ends up with the filament broken (in a couple of months). My lights are mounted very rigidly (see photo). I am concerned that the leads and wiring inside the lamps would end up breaking from fatigue. Can you describe how they are wired internally?
Thank you,
Jorge

Jorge,

the lights are wired direct to the LED element (soldered). I have used these (and similar style) lights off-road where they get plenty beat up. No issues with vibration.

Thanks for the question,
-Brian

Hello, I have had the older style on my C-10 bike for well over 20,000 miles with no issues. I've dealt with Brain for some time and his lights and integrity are of a very high standard.  I'll be ordering these for my C-14.

IMG_02741.jpg

IMG_02701.jpg

IMG_02731.jpg

Cheers
Ron

SAS Mayhem said:
Hello, I have had the older style on my C-10 bike for well over 20,000 miles with no issues. I've dealt with Brain for some time and his lights and integrity are of a very high standard.  I'll be ordering these for my C-14.

IMG_02741.jpg

IMG_02701.jpg

IMG_02731.jpg

Cheers
Ron

Hey Ron,

Thanks for the kind words and for posting up the pics. :beerchug:

-Brian

Larry said:
Brian and all, here are mine...love them.  Very easy install.  Even created my own handlebar mount.  Enjoy and let me know what you think.

5B4C119E-4EF2-48A3-A694-7992604089F8-14970-00000B11E6BA0FD8.jpg

AC29B906-4EA0-4C12-BB32-2BF60AF86F03-15013-00000B1531DC6BBA.jpg

and the mount....

62EDA8B1-FF8F-498F-A59D-AF397B81D8EE-14970-00000B11F4A54872.jpg

Thanks for posting up the review and pics.

Great job on the switch mount. :great:

-Brian

I installed a set of the bullet lights about a month ago, just when it started to rain, so I have not yet put them to use. I did have a problem with one of the mounts on the light, but was sent a replacement right away. Could not ask for better customer service than that.

This is my bike below.  These are great lights to enhance oncoming visibility.  The electrical connections are much improved since these lights were introduced. 

MondoMotos said:
notsluggo said:

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02953800x592.jpg

Thanks,
Brian
www.mondomotos.com

Hi all,

On Jan 2nd we will be launching a new website, with some enhanced features (account creation, product reviews, etc). Our website address will remain the same.

But more importantly, we have been able to renegotiate with a couple suppliers this past month which makes it possible to do price restructuring on a few items.

Meaning: lower prices on our LED lights and light kits.

Effective Jan 2:

MM10 Bullet Light Kits - $136 - with 5% discount = $129.20

MM10 Bullet Lights (pair) - $96 - with 5% discount = $93.10

Will will also be introducing a few new products in the coming months and will continue to do all we can to provide the best products at the best prices.

May 2013 bring MANY, MANY two-wheeled adventures your way  :beerchug:

-Brian, Kris & Bob
MondoMotos

TFly said:
MM10 Bullet Light Kits - $136 - with 5% discount = $129.20
are they coming back in stock?

The lights and light kits are back in stock as of 01/16.

Thanks,
-Brian

Here are a few pics of mine mounted on the fender screw.  Used a couple of washers, spacers, and longer screws. Also running the MM10's with the Skeene dimmer.

P1000721.JPG

P1000708.JPG

P1000720.JPG

Caffeinated said:
Here are a few pics of mine mounted on the fender screw.  Used a couple of washers, spacers, and longer screws. Also running the MM10's with the Skeene dimmer.

P1000721.JPG

P1000708.JPG

P1000720.JPG

Thanks for the feedback and follow up with pics.  :beerchug:

We have had to make a slight price adjustment to our MM10 Bullet light kits

bullet_500.JPG

MM10 Bullet Light Kit
mmlightkit2.JPG

New price - $146 - With the COG5 Discount the final price = $138.70

We will no longer offer the "lights only" option.

To apply the 5% discount be sure to enter the COG5 coupon code once you have added the light kit to you cart.

Its been a busy last few weeks as riders are bringing there bikes out of storage and getting ready for riding season here in the midwest. Looking forward to a great riding season.

Thanks,
-Brian, Kris and Bob
MondoMotos

The Pope said:
What's the lumen rating for the MM10's?

Would still like to know.

MondoMotos said:

I'd wish that you'd reconsitter this as I and others that don't need (or want) the switch may not want to give you the extra $$$ for something that we'd never use. The way I see it is that a lot of your potential customers that are trying to figure out where to spent what little extra $$$ they have, don't want to be wasting it on some additional part(s) that have been grouped together into a kit. Those customers will just go elsewhere (which is what I will do if you decide to keep these as a kit only).

IMHO vendors should be giving potential customers more choices. Allowing us to pick and pay for only the parts that we want. In short, how hard is it on you or your staff to include or to not include the switch on an order by order base? Is it so difficult that you don't care if you loose some potential customers and their $$$?

MondoMotos said:

I'd wish that you'd reconsitter this as I and others that don't need (or want) the switch may not want to give you the extra $$$ for something that we'd never use. The way I see it is that a lot of your potential customers that are trying to figure out where to spent what little extra $$$ they have, don't want to be wasting it on some additional part(s) that have been grouped together into a kit. Those customers will just go elsewhere (which is what I will do if you decide to keep these as a kit only).

IMHO vendors should be giving potential customers more choices. Allowing us to pick and pay for only the parts that we want. In short, how hard is it on you or your staff to include or to not include the switch on an order by order base? Is it so difficult that you don't care if you loose some potential customers and their $$$?
[/quote]

Unfortunately for most (if not every vendor) its just not practical in terms of cost to meet every individuals needs/wants. We do the best we can to keep prices low and stay in business. There are other options on the market, perhaps another will suit your needs/budget better.

thanks,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
There are other options on the market, perhaps another will suit your needs/budget better.

thanks,
-Brian

Yes there are other options on the market and yes another will suit my needs better because I don't want to pay an extra $30+ for a switch I don't want or need. I'd rather use that extra money for other things. Sure some people have plenty of extra $$$ and have no problem wasting it when not truly needed. I'm just not one of those people.

I do wish the best for your company.

The Pope said:
MondoMotos said:
There are other options on the market, perhaps another will suit your needs/budget better.

thanks,
-Brian

Yes there are other options on the market and yes another will suit my needs better because I don't want to pay an extra $30+ for a switch I don't want or need. ...

And some of us need the switch, and appreciate having a complete bundle that we don't need to get anything else...

Jeff

Just a heads up that beginning May 6th, we will be reducing the price of the MM10 light kits to $126 USD.

We are doing this in an effort to get these lights kit out into the hands of riders everywhere.

With riding season coming into full swing in much of the Northern hemisphere, riding safe is of the utmost importance. Being seen, can help.

The new price does not include the 5% discount (COG5), making the final price = $119.70 USD (before shipping).

As a way of saying thanks to our fantastic past customers, we have a small quantity of T-shirts available that we will be giving away to the first 2 COG members that call "dibs".

To qualify for the free shirt, you must have purchased an MM10 light kit from us between Mar 1 - May 1.

PO2931583-front.png

Available in M/L/XL

To get your free shirt:

1.You must have purchased an MM10 light kit from us between Mar 1 - May 1, 2013.

2.Be one of the first 2 members to call "dibs" here in the thread.

3.Once we acknowledge you are one of the first two, follow up by sending an email to us @ info@mondomotos.com with the subject "Free T" include your:

- Name/Address
- Email address used to place order
- Order Number
- Size (M/L/XL)

Free shipping within the 48 states - If you are outside the U.S. there will be a small (actual) charge for postage (sorry, shipping outside the US is expensive).

Again, thanks to all our customers past and present.

The new price will become effective May 6th, 2013

Update as of July 1 we have adjusted our price to $135 for the kit. With the COG5 discount (at checkout) the price is reduced to $128.25.  Sorry for the delay in posting this update. I was on the road all of July and into August.

MondoMotos said:
The new price does not include the 5% discount (COG5), making the final price = $119.70 USD (before shipping).

The new price will become effective May 6th, 2013

I'm in at that price  :Woot_Emoticon:
can't wait to order

These look very well made!  Can they be mounted to the fork area on a C10?  Will the bracket it comes with, allow that? 

Thanks.

docdan said:
These look very well made!  Can they be mounted to the fork area on a C10?  Will the bracket it comes with, allow that? 

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response I have been traveling for the past month.

To answer your question, yes the supplied bracket will allow you to mount on the forks of the C10.

On another note - I just finished up on the CDR and should be back home/shop soon. Sorry for any delays in replying to emails and or phone calls.

Thanks for for bearing with me over the past month  - gotta ride  :)

-Brian

Update as of July 1 we have adjusted our price to $135 for the kit. With the COG5 discount (at checkout) the price is reduced to $128.25.  Sorry for the delay in posting this update. I was on the road all of July and into August.

Thanks,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
docdan said:

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response I have been traveling for the past month.

To answer your question, yes the supplied bracket will allow you to mount on the forks of the C10.

On another note - I just finished up on the CDR and should be back home/shop soon. Sorry for any delays in replying to emails and or phone calls.

Thanks for for bearing with me over the past month  - gotta ride  :)

-Brian

Hey Brian,

I finally got around to hooking these lights up yesterday.  I was wondering how the brackets install on my C10 forks?  I could not find a threaded spot on the forks other than the caliper bolts.  Please advise.

Thanks, Dan

MondoMotos said:
notsluggo said:
Hi so they bolt on in place of the fork reflectors? Correct? Also when the looms are "plug & play" i understand that they plug directly into existing connections? I would have them light up when the headlights come on.

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02953800x592.jpg

Thanks,
Brian
www.mondomotos.com

That's exactly how I mounted mine. Nice product and a good price. Really easy to install. Actually the wiring harness was too long for me as i have a Fuzeblock under the left top (black) faring under the handlebars and had to wrap up the excess with a zip tie.

Greetings once again COG members

2013 is coming to an end and we have been busy the past couple of months getting ready for 2014

Based on feedback over the past year, we have made a few refinements/improvements to the MM10 light kits:

- Standard surface mount switch includes a custom transparent rubber boot (weatherproof)
- Mounting brackets are now Black
- Leads on lights have been extended 1.5”
- Second UV treatment added to lights

These changes and a New Year will mean a slight price increase.

BUT - We are taking pre-orders for the "Version 2" light kit at the current price of $135 and expect to be ready to ship by 12/12 (will arrive CONUS by xmas)

The COG5 discount makes the final price  $128.25 (plus shipping).

Pre-Orders can be placed via the super secret link at the end of this post

newlights_wtrmrk.JPG

Lights now have Longer Leads and Black Mounting Brackets

wtrprf_switch_wtrmrk.JPG

Included Surface Mount Switch now has a Watertight Transparent Boot

newkit_wtrmrk2.JPG

The New Version 2 Kit

newkit_wtr2.JPG

Kit shown here with Optional Handlebar Mount Switch

newswitch_wtrmrk.JPG

Optional Handlebar Mount Switch (requires round 7/8" handlebar)

Click Below to Pre-Order
Super Secret Pre-Order Link

Thanks,
Brian

gsun said:
Is it possible to retrofit the existing switch with the rubber boot?

In short, No (not without cutting and mending the wires).

After the first of the year we will offer the weatherproof switch as a separate plug-n-play item.

thanks
-Brian

wyomingpat said:
Coupon says it is expired or invalid

In an odd coincidence it expired on 12/6 (day before).

My apologies.

It has been re-up'd and back in force.

Thanks for letting me know,
-Brian

Greetings All -

Hope everyone is having a great new year so far

Thanks to everyone who picked up one of MM10 Light Kits in 2013

The New Year has brought some changes @ MondoMotos

- New products
- A New DIY section (components for a DIY install)
- A New option on our MM10 light kit that eliminates the switch and allows the lights to turn on/off with your bikes ignition.

Now the important part -

This all means a price reduction on our MM10 light kits.
newkit2.JPG

The standard MM10 Light Kit price has been reduced to $129 USD
Minus the NEW COG10 10% discount and the final price is $116.10 USD

The MM10 Light Kit has been improved/revised with a new Weatherproof switch (standard), Black Mounting Hardware as well a longer leads on the Lights.

Ride Safe,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
Greetings All -

- New products
- A New option on our MM10 light kit that eliminates the switch and allows the lights to turn on/off with your bikes ignition.

Now the important part -

newkit2.JPG

The MM10 Light Kit has been improved/revised with a new Weatherproof switch (standard), Black Mounting Hardware as well a longer leads on the Lights.

Ride Safe,
-Brian

Thanks for offering the new product and discount Brian. Where is the manufacturers recommended place to mount these?

So when ordering do I select the Kawasaki Versys hardware kit?

I did not see if you said this already in a previous post.

ZG said:
MondoMotos said:
Greetings All -

- New products

Now the important part -

newkit2.JPG

Ride Safe,
-Brian

Thanks for offering the new product and discount Brian. Where is the manufacturers recommended place to mount these?

Most mount the lights low on the forks this works well for the desired "Triangle" pattern.

Look thru the thread and you can see a few pics of where other have mounted the lights using the included hardware..

Example
DSC02954.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02953800x592.jpg

-Brian

Gumby said:
So when ordering do I select the Kawasaki Versys hardware kit?

I did not see if you said this already in a previous post.

No optional hardware is needed.

Most find that the included brackets are all that are required.

If you scroll thru this thread you will see a few examples from Connie owners.

-Brian

MondoMotos said:
ZG said:
MondoMotos said:
Greetings All -

- New products

Now the important part -

newkit2.JPG

Ride Safe,
-Brian

Most mount the lights low on the forks this works well for the desired "Triangle" pattern.

Look thru the thread and you can see a few pics of where other have mounted the lights using the included hardware..

Example
DSC02954.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02953800x592.jpg

-Brian

Thanks Brian, I don't have stock forks nor those front reflector brackets so that's why I asked because I don't think I can mount them there... Are there any other options you'd recommend for mounting? I'm interested in them but am trying to understand the mounting options, do you offer any mounting options off the mirror bases (with the lights hanging below the mirrors)?
???

Here's my front setup below, thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.  :beerchug:

Gumby said:
Thanks Brian.

Thank you for the order.

Kris does the shipping and it will be on the way to you by tomorrow (2 - 3 days in transit)

Any questions about the install feel free to email or call

-Brian

Order placed.

Thanks Brian, I don't have stock forks nor those front reflector brackets so that's why I asked because I don't think I can mount them there... Are there any other options you'd recommend for mounting? I'm interested in them but am trying to understand the mounting options, do you offer any mounting options off the mirror bases (with the lights hanging below the mirrors)?
???

Here's my front setup below, thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.  :beerchug:

[/quote]

I would look at mounting them where you see the arrows

con14.jpg

With longer screws (most bikes use M6 bolts on the front fender) and a spacer you would be all set. 

Something similar to our hardware kit on for the Versys would most likely do the trick.

DSC_5399.JPG

If you would like to see if the hardware kit for the Versys will work add it to your order, if it doesnt do the trick then you can return it.

Hope that helps,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
???

con14.jpg

With longer screws (most bikes use M6 bolts on the front fender) and a spacer you would be all set. 

Something similar to our hardware kit on for the Versys would most likely do the trick.

DSC_5399.JPG

If you would like to see if the hardware kit for the Versys will work add it to your order, if it doesnt do the trick then you can return it.

Hope that helps,
-Brian
[/quote]

Thanks Brian, much appreciated, I'll check that setup out!  :beerchug:

I think the bags would touch first.

And, thanks for the compliment, but it was gimped, not 'shopped.  :)

MondoMotos said:

con14.jpg

Brian, my intent was to mount them on my bike where you forward arrow is (front fender bolt).  Do I need a special mounting kit or will a trip to Lowe's work?  I'm mostly worried about the spacer and making one that works correctly and holds in place over the longer haul.  I don't want to have to go out and adjust them every week...

Kap said:
MondoMotos said:

con14.jpg

Brian, my intent was to mount them on my bike where you forward arrow is (front fender bolt).  Do I need a special mounting kit or will a trip to Lowe's work?  I'm mostly worried about the spacer and making one that works correctly and holds in place over the longer haul.  I don't want to have to go out and adjust them every week...

+1

especially considering the speeds at which some of us travel

Kap said:
MondoMotos said:

con14.jpg

Our hardware kits are basic stuff..

Nylon Spacer(s)
Longer Stainless M6 Screws w/Threadlock applied
Stainless Flat Washer and Locking Washer

Locking washer keeps everything upright and in place, threadlock keeps the bolt from backing out.

I have the same lights, hardware kit on all of our bikes.

All the bikes see rough gravel roads and the DRZ has seen many miles of trials and havent lost a light yet.

If you have a decent hardware store in your area you can most likely get the needed pieces to replicate the hardware kit we sell.  Just be sure to use threadlock as well as a locking washer.

thanks,
-Brian

I have my MM10's mounted on the front fender mounting bolt. All u need is a small spacer. Approximately 3/8" deep and the bolts that come with the lights will mount it. Works perfect. Does NOT hit the pavement when leaning hard over in a turn. I was concerned about vibration eventually breaking off the reflector bracket.
Matt

I just received my lights here at work. I printed out the instructions and hopefully I will have time to get them installed this weekend.

Thanks for the quick delivery Brian.  :great:

Gumby said:
I just received my lights here at work. I printed out the instructions and hopefully I will have time to get them installed this weekend.

Thanks for the quick delivery Brian.  :great:

Where did you decide to mount the lights and the switch, just wondering?  Mine are due today or tomorrow as well but I don't think I'll have time to play with them this weekend.  I was thinking of front fender mount with direct wire to lights....

Kap said:
Where did you decide to mount the lights and the switch, just wondering?  Mine are due today or tomorrow as well but I don't think I'll have time to play with them this weekend.  I was thinking of front fender mount with direct wire to lights....
Not quite sure yet, I am going to play around with some different mounting options and and go with the best look and functionality. I have been thinking about putting them on my Canyon Cages.

I will post pics when I am finished.

Gumby said:
Kap said:
Not quite sure yet, I am going to play around with some different mounting options and and go with the best look and functionality. I have been thinking about putting them on my Canyon Cages.

I will post pics when I am finished.

I know its been extra cold across most the country but wondering if anyone got their lights mounted up? If so, please take a few minutes to share your thoughts and/or pics.

Thanks,
-Brian

MondoMotos said:
I know its been extra cold across most the country but wondering if anyone got their lights mounted up? If so, please take a few minutes to share your thoughts and/or pics.

Thanks,
-Brian
I've been lazy. I will try to get them installed by next week.

I have the ZX10 front fender that gives me two different holes to mount the lights. I think I am going to go with the bottom hole. What do you guys think?

Gumby said:
I have the ZX10 front fender that gives me two different holes to mount the lights. I think I am going to go with the bottom hole. What do you guys think?

Either of the upper or lower fender mounting holes should work well. Looks like you MIGHT need spacers.
Let us know how it goes and your thoughts on the lights, kit and install.
Any questions dont hesitate to give us a call or email

thanks,
-Brian
Em. info@mondomotos.com
Ph. 734-707-1455

I was having my TPSs replaced under warranty last week so I had them do the light install. Long story short it dumped snow here in the PNW right after I dropped the bike off and I was not able to bring it home until today.  :mad:

My attempt before I got cold and lazy.

When I dropped it off I discussed installing them on the fender or under the mirrors and I decided under the mirrors would be better. Our local tech really does professional looking installs. I'm sure you have seen some of his work on that black/green/red bike that runs around the forum.  :great:

If you look at these at the right angle they put my HID lights to shame. I could adjust them a bit and really irritate some cages.  >:D

Thanks Brian, I think I am really going to like this farkle.

Gumby said:
.....When I dropped it off I discussed installing them on the fender or under the mirrors and I decided under the mirrors would be better. Our local tech really does professional looking installs.....

This really does look good!!!  :great:   

Can you take a couple of close up shots showing exactly how they are mounted under the mirror?  That's a location I'd like to use, but the only way I thought it could be done is with $80 brackets. 

Kap said:
Gumby said:
.....When I dropped it off I discussed installing them on the fender or under the mirrors and I decided under the mirrors would be better. Our local tech really does professional looking installs.....

This really does look good!!!  :great:   

Can you take a couple of close up shots showing exactly how they are mounted under the mirror?  That's a location I'd like to use, but the only way I thought it could be done is with $80 brackets.
Yes, I can see if i can get decent pictures close up with my phone. I do plan on buying a real camera when I get to Costco next.

Those look good Gumby. My farkles can be counted on one hand, I think I'll start on the other hand with some of those!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
Those look good Gumby. My farkles can be counted on one hand, I think I'll start on the other hand with some of those!

Let me know if you need some ideas that would result in you taking off yer socks too Cliff...  ;D :beerchug:

Gumby said:
I was having my TPSs replaced under warranty last week so I had them do the light install. Long story short it dumped snow here in the PNW right after I dropped the bike off and I was not able to bring it home until today.  :mad:

My attempt before I got cold and lazy.

When I dropped it off I discussed installing them on the fender or under the mirrors and I decided under the mirrors would be better. Our local tech really does professional looking installs. I'm sure you have seen some of his work on that black/green/red bike that runs around the forum.  :great:

If you look at these at the right angle they put my HID lights to shame. I could adjust them a bit and really irritate some cages.  >:D

Thanks Brian, I think I am really going to like this farkle.

Thanks for taking the time to post up the pics  :great:

Looks like I am not alone in hoping to see a close up of the mirror mount.

thanks again,
-Brian

Yes, I can see if i can get decent pictures close up with my phone.

Gumby, yes, I'm interested in the mirror mount pictures also.  Looking at also mounting the lights under the mirrors.  Thanks!

Hamster

C'mon Gumby,
Don't be so stingy, give us the pics already!!  I need an excuse to put more lights up front.    :nananana:
Matt

I'm waiting for my Costco kick back check to go buy a real camera. Checks in the mail.  :D
Plus it has been absolutely dumping rain here in the NW the last few days. The only reason I have gone out to the garage lately is to get more beer.  :beerchug:

I bought a set of these last summer and wow do they make a difference driving early morning and for overall visibility.

I did notice when I was putting it up for the winter that the switch was not working correctly.  When I turned the key off the lights were not turning off(I have it run through a switched power hub).  It had rained earlier and I'm wondering if water got into the switch? 

Does the company offer the new weatherproof switch to customers separately and is there an easy way to swap it out?

Thanks.

Alright guys, the check was not in the mail today so I went out and snapped some cell phone pics.

My bikes in the trailer surrounded by 4 ' snow banks!
cry.gif
Looking at the wire harness, Is there a hole or gap under the mirror housing to route the wire or did your tech have to drill?Thanks for humouring us and taking the Pics!!http://forum.cog-online.org/Smileys/FantasticSmileys/great.gif

ZG said:
Just Cliff said:

Let me know if you need some ideas that would result in you taking off yer socks too Cliff...  ;D :beerchug:

Jay, the bike will be wore out before I need my toes to count. Unless of course you just want to rub my feet!  :nananana:.

Andrew-ratherberiding-Morgan said:
M Is there a hole or gap under the mirror housing to route the wire or did your tech have to drill?
He probably used a Dremel to make a small half notch for the wire. You can almost see it in one of those GREAT pics.  ;D

Just Cliff said:
ZG said:
Just Cliff said:

Jay, the bike will be wore out before I need my toes to count. Unless of course you just want to rub my feet!  :nananana:.

:-\  :sign0137:

Sorry Cliff... Jimmie's feet probably, your feet sorry but absolutely no bro, that's where I draw the line in our friendship...  ;D :beerchug:

ZG said:
Just Cliff said:
ZG said:
Just Cliff said:

:-\  :sign0137:

Sorry Cliff... Jimmie's feet probably, your feet sorry but absolutely no bro, that's where I draw the line in our friendship...  ;D :beerchug:

:16:

docdan said:
I bought a set of these last summer and wow do they make a difference driving early morning and for overall visibility.

I did notice when I was putting it up for the winter that the switch was not working correctly.  When I turned the key off the lights were not turning off(I have it run through a switched power hub).  It had rained earlier and I'm wondering if water got into the switch? 

Does the company offer the new weatherproof switch to customers separately and is there an easy way to swap it out?

Thanks.

Send me a PM or you better can email Kris direct - info@mondomotos.com and we will get the problem switch squared away.

-Brian

MondoMotos said:
docdan said:

Thanks.

Send me a PM or you better can email Kris direct - info@mondomotos.com and we will get the problem switch squared away.

-Brian

Thanks!  :great:

I plan on ordering these in the next week.  I really like the way they look and everyone seems to have positive comments regarding the product AND support.

Gumby said:
Alright guys, the check was not in the mail today so I went out and snapped some cell phone pics.

Gumby,
Thanks for the pictures. Could you take some more pics of the top part. there doesn't seem like there's enough room to get a nut in there and allow the housing to move. Maybe it's just a shallow nut?
Thanks!