• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

More OTP auction Item

OMoaC

OK folks. This goes beyond COG and OTP. One of my most prized possessions. This belongs in the AMA hall of fame. but they are lame and really dislike D37. Provenance is established as I rec'd this from original member Susan Bindel. The pic is fuzzy and I apologize. D37 trophy Awarded to the best women's club Desert Daisy's. This is MC history. Starting at 100.

Attachments

• For auction.JPG
    For auction.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 161
No interest yet? May be a better pic and more of the story. This is a division champion trophy from 1976 AMA district 37. Remember District 37 AMA back in the day. Barstow to Vegas, Lake Elsinore GP, Hopetown International MX and Grand Prix. Over 40 years old. Back in the hay day of desert racing. Presented to an all women's club the Desert Daisies for being the Division Champs that year. Imagine female diversity in 1976. Now don't know about you but in '76 I was still rockin' the BMX Schwinn and the trail 50. This is truly one of a kind and some serious Motorcycle history.

Attachments

• for auction.JPG
    for auction.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 154
I will bid $75 for your D37 trophy, but only under one important condition.  I ask that you would not ship this to me, and instead keep it at your house.  When I have the urge to do so, I will come visit the trophy at your house.  Deal?

BiggusDekkus said:
I will bid $75 for your D37 trophy, but only under one important condition.  I ask that you would not ship this to me, and instead keep it at your house.  When I have the urge to do so, I will come visit the trophy at your house.  Deal?
Sir, that is a very generous offer and thank you. I shall provide lodging and some grilled cow for your pleasure during your visit. This shall include lodging for your steed, adult bev's of your choosing. I shall also tell my sister to stay away while your in town.  :great: :beerchug: :)

Alright, this is highly unusual, probably very bad form and potentially illegal in at least 3 states, but I hereby wish to MATCH the Biggus bid at $75.

I would like similar terms: Please store my/our trophy until such time as you chose to do something else with it. And given that Biggus ponied up first, I will of course defer in the matter of visitation rights.

Cheers!

Mark, "Inquiring minds wanna know"...
  When their at your house; Visiting the trophy, eating dead cow, and drinking adult beverages,,,,, can they bring a friend {or 3}??

As a potential "friend",,, I'll throw in another $25 to help raise $$ for the "OtP" Traveler {Udo}.

Ride safe, Ted

All wishes shall be granted to you upstanding individuals and thank you all  :great: :beerchug: FTB that's the point of keeping the sister away. Would definitely lower the bid  :)) :))

I haven't ever been called an Upstanding Individual before!!  :whoo:

C'mon yall.    Bid, or contribute, to this "OtP" auction item, become an "Upstanding Individual" (like me :great: ), and lets "PARTY" at Mark's house!!  :)

Ride safe, Ted

OK, Santa Cruz Rider.  My $75 donation has been deposited with OtP which assures the valued trophy will remain in possession of Mr. Hartman.  I can now sleep at night knowing that it is guarded by a Marine.  You are permitted to visit the trophy also, provided you leave your dirty little hands off of it, OK?

I'll donate $20 (under the table of course) if you introduce your sis to Ted when he comes around to eat road kill.

BiggusDekkus said:
OK, Santa Cruz Rider.  My $75 donation has been deposited with OtP which assures the valued trophy will remain in possession of Mr. Hartman.  I can now sleep at night knowing that it is guarded by a Marine.  You are permitted to visit the trophy also, provided you leave your dirty little hands off of it, OK?

Donation made as well . But there may be some mistake, I expect full trophy visitation -- with at least light snuggling!  :))

Cheers gentlemen, and hope to see you all in Vancouver.

Donation sent..

""Wow"" Harry got off his wallet and pried it open. {I are impressed!!}  :??:
          Looking forward to BBQ'd Road Kill, and some adult beverage..  :whoo:
                "Plus" I get to impress Mark's sister with my <evil (Navy) grin>..  :)
                                        She may go blind..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted  :s_bye2: