• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MotGP & F1 TV channels update - Fox and NBC

I had heard that MotoGP was going to be on BeIN TV this season, I'm relieved to see that it will stay on a channel that I get!

There is a web site called "tvracer.com" that lists motorsports and  the time, date, and network they will be aired on. It also has links to most major motorsports web sites and other info.

Racerboy said:
I had heard that MotoGP was going to be on BeIN TV this season, I'm relieved to see that it will stay on a channel that I get!

Yeah, that was my post a week ago. I just came across this info about Fox and NBC.

Can anyone update this?

I originally saw MGP was going to be carried on beIN. Then I saw this, indicating it's going to be on Fox Sports. But I didn't see anything on my TiVo schedule for today's race.

Is MotoGP on beIN or Fox?

bajakirch said:
Can anyone update this?

I originally saw MGP was going to be carried on beIN. Then I saw this, indicating it's going to be on Fox Sports. But I didn't see anything on my TiVo schedule for today's race.

I watched the Qatar MotoGP race on BeIN yesterday.

It ISN'T being covered on Fox, so you have to either get BeIN, or pony up for the MotoGP Videopass.

Last year, I got the Videopass for the last half of the season, and it was great. I think it is around $180 for the entire season, so you have to be more than a casual fan to spring for it.

bajakirch said:
Can anyone update this?

I started this and now it looks like MotoGP will only be on beIN. I've been going back through my browsing history to find the source I used for the Fox info, but the one link I have from that time period is not taking me to the info I originally saw.

Oh well. The only other option is the season video pass for online viewing, $158 or about $8.00/race. The MultiScreen VideoPass gives subscribers the option to choose between six different video feeds: The main track feed (as viewed with the Standard VideoPass), a bird’s eye view from the Helicopter feed and four different OnBoard camera options. Enhancing your viewing experience further, you can view all the feeds simultaneously.

sorry.

It is odd that MotoGP was listed on the Fox Sports website but it is on BeIn as noted above. I had to upgrade to the "Sports package" on at&t U-Verse to get BeIn. At least now I can also watch World Superbike and Nicky Hayden on BeIn (and a lot of international soccer, which does not interest me).

This is what I thought. Unfortunately, the last time I checked my, cable company (Charter) doesn't even offer beIN.

I thought about the internet package but, especially after upgrading my cable for 2 years in a row to get the coverage I don't have now, I'm done spending money to get MC racing coverage.

And guess what? Instead of going to Road America for AMA roadracing, like I have for the last 3 years, I'm going a few weeks later to see IndyCar -- something that's extensively covered on channels I currently get.

Sport Rider said:
they aren't going to bring in many new fans here in the states, huh.  :( :mad:

Nope, but you're welcome to send more of your money to people who hate you if you want to buy into beIN. The Emir of Qatar will send his best wishes....

I was waiting for that one. Or you can blame the Italian-owned DORNA, who runs MotoGP for selling the rights to BeIN. Maybe they are the ones that hate us.

They certainly aren't interested in expanding their fan base in the US.

Yes there is a lot of that hate stuff going around.

One advantage of getting the MotoGP Videopass is that you also can watch Moto2 and Moto3, which are normally much better races than MotoGP. As far as I know, BeIN isn't carrying those races. Just something to think about.

Racerboy said:
I was waiting for that one. Or you can blame the ItalianSpanish-owned DORNA, who runs MotoGP for selling the rights to BeIN. Maybe they are the ones that hate us.

FTFY

bajakirch said:
Racerboy said:
I was waiting for that one. Or you can blame the ItalianSpanish-owned DORNA, who runs MotoGP for selling the rights to BeIN. Maybe they are the ones that hate us.

FTFY

Oops, you are right! DORNA is Spanish, although they are majority owned by a British firm.

Either way, most of us can't easily watch their races.