• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Moto-America Superbike Racing - COG Event - Brainerd MN. 7/30 - 8/1

tundra tom

1615262006941.png
Yes it’s true! It has been 17 years since professional Motorcycles have raced at Brainerd Intl. Raceway.
Practice and qualifying on Friday. Races Saturday & Sunday. There will be Drag Racing on the front straight as well.
Here is the Moto America website regarding BIR. https://motoamerica.com/brainerd/

Jeff Kerkow and myself will both have RV’s at the racetrack in the remote camping area, bring your tent. ;)
We will be there and set up late Friday morning 7/30. We may be in the purple area circled on the attached Map near some trees.
The light blue lines show the Bridge into the infield.
Finding us will not be hard, most everyone has our cell numbers and we will have a COG banner
Camping is free with a multi day ticket. Shower trailers and bathrooms were available last time I was there.
Race info below, tickets are not available yet.
https://www.etix.com/ticket/e/1017023/2021-motoamerica--brainerd-brainerd-international-raceway
We both will have 12 volt power for charging gadgets.
Food will be determined on the number of registrants.
This is a no fee event so please register so we can plan for food.
REGISTRATION: https://concours.org/event-4205446?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=7/9/2021
We both have grills, kitchens, and will bring coolers for “beverages” etc.
Randy Schafer will lead a group ride out of the Twin Cities. Time and location TBD.
Stay tuned to this thread for more details.
1615261719066.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard about this! Wish we can get bike racing back to Ohio. Anybody know why the is no bike racing anymore at Mid-Ohio? That used to be a regional premier track.

Not sure about Mid-Ohio. BIR was the same way. They even had a few years of World Superbike racing. AMA fizzled out then it was just CRA Motorcycle Club Races. I heard BIR got this race due to Indy going to Car only racing. It should be a good time with drag racing on the main straight at the same time. They have wet and wild weekends where CRA races, Snowmobiles water skip race on the little lake and Drag races on the straight.
https://www.brainerdinternationalraceway.com/wet-wild-weekends/

Time to make some plans for this event, summer is coming in fast. For those riding up Friday I’m thinking of a 9:00 am meet up at the Kwik Trip in Saint Francis, I don’t plan on staying the night at the track.
Show of hands, who’s in?

I heard about this! Wish we can get bike racing back to Ohio. Anybody know why the is no bike racing anymore at Mid-Ohio? That used to be a regional premier track.

I miss super bike racing at Mid Ohio. We used to go every year, took the whole family. Camped at the lake campground north of the track. Great memories

Me too. I made the mistake one year of camping at the track, no sleep that night. Wasn't there other bike racing, formula or something else not superbike? I remember walking around and smelling the castor oil exhaust smell and seeing Cork Ballington go by REALLY fast on a 250cc? oil burner. Those bike were one off factory race bikes.

The way I read the ticket info, the camping is $50 per person + multi-day ticket. Am I reading it wrong?

I know this is not an inexpensive event but for me it is a bucket list that maybe won't ever happen again in Minnesota. Years from now I will remember the event much more than the cost. Hope to see lots of you there.

For sure Jeff, there was a time when world super bike raced at BIR for only a few years. I never missed a race, nor the AMA races.
I watched the Road America track race over the weekend. The 1000 stock class had over 35 racers on the starting grid !

I have three states I need to complete to get the entire contiguous US ridden on motorcycle. The states just happen to be around this event. I am interested in the event but just as much I just want a launch point for rides in the area. I have my van/camper/toy hauler, can I use it to camp in the infield?
Is there some place I can stay off the race site? I would want to do a day or two of race and a day or five of riding the area. It is better if I have a way to plug in the van but I can also go a few days in 40-80 weather without. If hotter than that I would prefer power for the AC.

Should I get tickets now to have any chance? Is there any chance I could sell the tickets if things change?

I have three states I need to complete to get the entire contiguous US ridden on motorcycle. The states just happen to be around this event. I am interested in the event but just as much I just want a launch point for rides in the area. I have my van/camper/toy hauler, can I use it to camp in the infield?
Is there some place I can stay off the race site? I would want to do a day or two of race and a day or five of riding the area. It is better if I have a way to plug in the van but I can also go a few days in 40-80 weather without. If hotter than that I would prefer power for the AC.

Should I get tickets now to have any chance? Is there any chance I could sell the tickets if things change?
Hi Bob, most of your questions are answered in the posts above. BIR does offer powered RV sites, Jeff K and I will be dry camping in the infield.
As for selling your ticket BIR offers insurance for cancellations. See the link I posted above. Hope to see you there!

I'm in for this event. I was at the Motoamerica Superbike races at Elkhart Lake WI in June. I've been going for the last 12 years and it gets better every year. Wayne Rainey has revived this series. The crowds are back and the racing gets better every season.

I will be camping at the track, so count me in. I'll be riding up on my own. My wife has her first cataract surgery on 7/29 and a follow up appointment on 7/30. I'm her faithful driver, so I can't leave until at least Noon.

Here is a general Campsite location in the infield and road map to it starting at the front gate.
I plan on going Thursday and will try for the center stand of trees or the two on either side. I will have a small white toy hauler, green F-150 Truck.
Look for the COG Banner hanging somewhere.

BIR Road Map.pngBIR Campsite.png

Last edited:
I guess I have given up on making it up there. I hope you all have fun. Should be a good race.

Still time to come see us at this event. We have plenty of food for everyone. Just come up and visit for a day if your schedule allows.

I was hoping to make it up there but have too much stuff going on, looking forward to hearing about your experiences at the track.

Tom and Jeff, Thanks so much for organizing such a great event! The camping looked great! The races were great! The COGgers were great!

Thanks for a Maaaaaahrvelous dinner!!! Thanks to Jim for showing me around all day too! You guys are grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Sorry I did not make it. Watch on TV. It did not look like there were a lot of people
in attendance.

It was very hard to tell how many people it is a huge venue. Definitely more people on Saturday then Sunday.
Thanks everyone for coming and a special thanks to Tom for making this happen. PS tell Carol Lynn she needs to come next time so we can properly thank her for making the food.