• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MOTO GP question

rwulf

Been trying to find out info, cost of tickets, places to stay for the MOTO GP at COTA.
The date this coming year, 2017 is April 21-23 I think. Can't seem to find a current
up to date web site. Any help and thanks.

Never been to one. Will think about it.
If I go, turn 15 seating, plus a "walk-a-bout" would be in my plans.

Ride safe, Ted

Ok, new to this. Dates; all I can find is Spring 2017 ???
                        Cost      ???

Highly recommend  it Ted.
I had the chance to go to it twice in Indy, and enjoyed it thoroughly both times.
If you go, get there early, stay late. There's so much going on at the event.
Jorge

connie_rider said:
Never been to one. Will think about it.
If I go, turn 15 seating, plus a "walk-a-bout" would be in my plans.

Turn 15 would be a great place, I think. I was fortunate enough to have great seats on turn 12 for the inaugural COTA F1 race and that part of the course is great for seeing most of the action.

Does anyone have an idea of the (approx.) seating costs?
If I read right, the turn 15 seats are for all 3 days..? And the General Admission is for only 1?
I did general Admission when I was in Spain (club race only) and loved being able to move around.

How hard is it to find a Motel/camping?

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, I went General Admission also, with different outcomes from the two times I went in Indianapolis.
1st time, I could go anywhere in the track, and site wherever I wanted. I sat near the entry to the front straight, and got some great photos. Of course I had to move several times when the seat's "owner" came - no problems, all were very gracious.
2nd tear, GA only allowed me to go into the general admission sections. I could not even get into the reserved areas at all. No big deal, I still enjoyed the day, but they changed the seating rules.

Jorge

I can't remember what I spent on tickets a few years ago.  I did not look this year.  Seems like it was $89 each for 3 days.  I would get GA so you can move around the track but having a lawn chair back pack is nice.  That is what we did.

There are a few good places to stay just to the SW corner of 183 and 71 intersection.  MicroTel Inn may be where we had some COGGers stay before.  The prices will be out of line if you wait to long though.  There is camping maybe at the park just south of that.  McKenny Falls park?  Really cheap old rooms can be had at SE corner of 71 and I35.

I went to the web site for COTA, filled out the questionnaire and got, today, a PDF from
"Circuit of the Americas Experiences" Cheapest prices are for the paddock package.
$399 Friday, $499 Saturday and $599 Sunday. You get access to the"Public Pit Walk"?
Hospitality Party, Official Program and, get this, a lanyard and ticket sleeve.
There has to be something reasonable out there.
Bring on the suggestions.

Don't get "Circuit of the Americas Experiences" unless that is what you want and willing to pay for.  Just get a single day general admission or 3 day GA.  They will not have next years prices up this early.

$399 Friday, $499 Saturday and $599 Sunday

OMG!!   :-\

I don't want to buy the seat, just set in it for awhile.  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Hey for $600 you get to stand next to the bikes and the COTA girls.  (not my pic)

Attachments

• AustinGP_COG-4a.jpg
    AustinGP_COG-4a.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 128
smithr1 said:
Hey for $600 you get to stand next to the bikes and the COTA girls.  (not my pic)

Do you get a kiss?......after bending over for six C notes

Have to buy a sports pack now on DirecTV or buy a subscription from MOTO GP for streaming to watch.

Time to find a better investment of time and money IMHO as much as I like MOTO GP and SBK.....at least Isle of Man TT is still on Velocity.

I am learning. Talked with "Circuit of the Americas" rep. These are VIP package prices.
As I am only a COG member don't think I can spring for the package. He told me to
go to the COTA web site in a few weeks and general admission tickets should be available.

ORRRRRRR.... you can be a corner marshal volunteer. You get in the race for free and can't get any closer to the racing unless you are on a bike..... in the race.

I have done that. Trouble is you get stuck out there for the entire day, rain or shine,
racing or waiting for racing to resume. I would much rather be able to walk around
and see all that is happening. If it was like NHRA, who I have worked for, I would jump
on the being a corner volunteer. ( they only have one, don't you know)

RWulf said:
I have done that. Trouble is you get stuck out there for the entire day, rain or shine,
racing or waiting for racing to resume. I would much rather be able to walk around
and see all that is happening. If it was like NHRA, who I have worked for, I would jump
on the being a corner volunteer. ( they only have one, don't you know)

Yeah, I worked for Diamond "P" Sports, TNN, and then ESPN on the starting line at NHRA national events for more than 16 years as a camera man spotter. Now I do Super Cross and IMSA races for Fox Sports. I was "offered" a volunteer position as a corner marshal but turned it down.

I got email saying the ticket sales would start tomorrow at 10am.  This link from the email may work.
https://click.email.ticketmaster.com/?qs=f593b33610cdb9eb3d603a2482617b409f74c7a3cced7861f12c4de7300f0730b22b004d69d766412d3da8ab0bc987e5

Thanks for all the responces. I may be going by myself.
Will have to wait and see how things will work out.

I went to COTA two years ago, I believe a  3 day pass was $89 for general admission. Parking pass was 50 I think. We moved around, watched from a couple spots. Friday we mostly walked around the exhibitors and got free swag.

Sat we went into the crown royal tent, they had chairs and tables on the covered patio. We watched from there. Its at turn 19, you can see turn one from there. Bring binocs. We sat there Sunday also.
They had a second level that you needed a wrist band to access... found out  later it was only a few bucks more than the $89 and it included food/drinks. Also had bathrooms right next to the tent. That may be worth looking into.