• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MotoGP 2013 Results and other random information.

brady

Moped
Well the 2013 season is only a few months away and preseason testing is underway . Who are your picks for this year??. ;Do

- its nice to see that Rossi is back with the Yamaha.

- and its proof positive that the Ducati then (and probably now too) was just not good enough.

I'd rather see Rossi back at Honda personally, but even ore so I would like to see Hayden back on a winning bike

I don't think the Ducati is a bad GP bike but they went a little to far out of the box with a carbon chasis.  Once they realized the chasis was not perfect they sarted throwing major changes at the bike instead of small incremental tweaks, Rossi and Hayden never had a chance to get a good baseline bike setup

IMHO this year the championship is between Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Rossi with Marquez and Crutchlow having an outside chance.
I don't think that the Ducatis will make any significant progress but I hope that they do.
It'd be nice to Bradley do well on the other Tech3 Yamaha but I can wait until next year.  ;D
Be good to see how they get on with Austin in April too.
Jeez, 3 US GPs, 3 Spanish GPs and 2 Italian GPs (San Marino is inside Italy).
Why are they still going to Indy? The circuit is s**t. More accidents there last year than finishers!

Boomer,

This might be the last year for Indy. I don't think they have a contract extension
past this year. Since most riders find the track crappy and we now have COTA
in Austin I would guess that if the racing goes well in Austin that Indy will go away.

I'm hoping that Rossi can get right back up front with Lorenzo & Pedrosa and maybe
win a few races from the young guns. I would love for him to take at least one more
championship but for now I'll take some race wins to start.

I am a long-time Rossi fan and hope he gets his mojo back on Yamaha. But I think Lorenzo will win it again. Based on what I saw last year on Moto2, Marquez is a great rider (teenager!) who is aggressive and likes to swap paint, so perhaps he will be the new Marco Simoncelli and bring some life to the proceedings. The last few years have been dull racing. Based on the test runs at Sepang last week, looks like there will be about five competitive racers (Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi, Crutchlow, Marquez) instead of two, so it might be a good season.

I personally hope Indy doesn't go away since it is the only one I can easily ride to on the bike.  Only about 650 miles and I have a buddy who lives in the area, so nearly free lodging. 

I think the track layout is great but the track surface is crap. 

I have a riding buddy who is pushing to do all three races this year.  Very tempting but I'm not sure I have enough money and vacation.

Boomer said:
IMHO this year the championship is between Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Rossi with Marquez and Crutchlow having an outside chance.
I don't think that the Ducatis will make any significant progress but I hope that they do.
It'd be nice to Bradley do well on the other Tech3 Yamaha but I can wait until next year.  ;D
Be good to see how they get on with Austin in April too.
Jeez, 3 US GPs, 3 Spanish GPs and 2 Italian GPs (San Marino is inside Italy).
Why are they still going to Indy? The circuit is s**t. More accidents there last year than finishers!

I'll second Boomer on his predictions, although I wouldn't count Bautista and Bradl out of the podiums.  Should be exciting to see how Marquez does in the mix.  I'm sure the media will be fawning over Rossi again now... even though I doubt he will deserve it.  If Pedrosa can stay on the bike I think he's got the best chance this year.  The Austin track is gorgeous (flew over it on the way into town in Dec.), hope the cars have it rubbered up enough in time for the bikes.  I'd sure miss the Indy race if that one goes away, only a 3 hour ride for me!

I think Pedrosa will be the guy to beat this season, I only hope there is a few more in the front pack to mix things up.

With preseason testing well underway It looks like there are 4 players so far.

Pedrosa has had the fastest single lap.

Lorenzo is looking stupid fast and has now had 2 race simulations where he has beaten the lap record.

Rossi is looking much better then the last 2 seasons but still not the fastest on the track.

Marquez is showing he is well deserving of the move to GP. My one question is how did HRC get around the rookie rule with him?

Only a Month left until the 2013 season is underway and we get to see the who's got the mojo this season.

They changed the rookie rule, so Marquez could get the HRC ride.

My predictions -

1) Lorenzo
2) Pedrosa
3) Rossi or Marquez

Marquez will make a lot of mistakes, but as the season goes on, will make fewer of them. Once he gets that figured out, he'll regularly beat Rossi. The young guy is super quick, and expect that he will soon be the champion (in say two or three years). Rossi will be a step behind the top three riders, but will be consistent.