• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MOTOGP - April 2015 ( COTA AUSTIN TX ) Who's goin??

Jjjtx

Crotch Rocket
I will be there with my wife and a buddy who is flying in from NY for the week to stay here and to go to the track with us.

We do all three days.

Be in Turn 15 stands.

How about ya'll ?

Someone failed to notice the conflicting dates when setting up the Wildflower ride this year.  I had to choose and I decided to go to Wildflower and RIDE rather than watch.  I can record and watch later.  Actually I may be home in time for the main GP race.

smithr1 said:
Someone failed to notice the conflicting dates when setting up the Wildflower ride this year.  I had to choose and I decided to go to Wildflower and RIDE rather than watch.  I can record and watch later.  Actually I may be home in time for the main GP race.

HA! Yeah I could ride the next weekend.  This only comes once a year.

I believe it is aired on the SPEED channel so you can probably record it if you have the appropriate DVR.

Wish I could...
I'd love to checkout the new track & facilities down there-
Indy is a whole lot closer(i.e. cheaper) for me. :beerchug:

Hi,
      Need my butt kicked for not making it over to the Daytona 200!  :great:

I live about 40 min away, of course the crowds are legendary! ;D

Attachments

• 1231237832-m.jpg
    1231237832-m.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 109
I've been to both the mgps at cota. Both times on the front straight. This year I will be somewhere near turn fifteen.
I say somewhere because I purchased a ticket at the starting line last year and got a ticket right on the finish line. Who knows what they'll give me this time.
I will be on the Conc me thinks, I live an hour from the track and can't carry much provisions on the 'Hawk. So I found out last year.
Look for me, every so often I'll stand up and scream " ****IN CONCOURS YEAHHH!!" or maybe woooo

I would love to go again. I took my wife and two sons to see Ben Spies (from Longview, TX my home town) racing his last year in MotoGP. My 18 year old son (now 20) also went to the first F1 COTA. Both of these events were fantastic memories and every event sounds almost boring in comparison. Seeing the Greatest Show on Earth with F1 coming to Austin and then 2013 seeing the MotoGP race was on my bucket list.

For F1 we sat in the grandstand at turn 15, and was the best seat in the house because you see the racers at top speed on the backstretch heading towards you about 400 feet away and slamming the brakes for turn 12 and the S turns through turn 15 at the slowest point on the track.

For MotoGP we were at the top of the hill on turn 1. Closer to the live action on the awards and pits but less action until the end.

At MotoGP the best parking lot was full of motorcycles and they got special free parking. Now I want to roll up there with my C14 and roll with the big dogs!

Maybe next year...

Denny