• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MotoGP Aragon

Pat and Sher in Ma

Looks like they are having power problems in Spain. FP2 has been delayed because of a power
shortage. Honda leading the way after FP1.
Rossi using a new aluminum chassis on the GP11.1 has run off track twice but still managed 8th
fastest, 3rd Ducati behind Depuniet (6th) & Hayden (7th).
Looks like FP2 will be starting in around 15 minutes @ 10:20 eastern time.

Now it's saying MotoGP FP2 & Moto2 FP2 are cancelled.  :mad:

Tomorrows FP2-3 will be 75 minutes long and then the normal QP will be later
in the day. Looks like the race could be very interesting depending upon the
tire choices that they make. I just hope it's a good race and a battle for the win
down to the last lap, that would be nice for a change.

Stoner ran away with it again. Although it was pretty cool watching Rossi come through the field after starting in the pit lane to finish 10th.

Results
1 Stoner
2 Pedrosa
3 Lorenzo
4 Simoncelli
5 Spies
6 Bautista
7 Hayden

Standings
1  Casey STONER        Honda      284
2  Jorge LORENZO      Yamaha  240
3  Andrea DOVIZIOSO Honda    185
4  Dani PEDROSA        Honda    170
5  Ben SPIES              Yamaha  146
6  Valentino ROSSI      Ducati    139
7  Nicky HAYDEN        Ducati    114
8  Marco SIMONCELLI  Honda    106
9  Colin EDWARDS      Yamaha  90
10  Hiroshi AOYAMA    Honda      87

Yep, Stoner's on fire and he is on the best bike which should prove to be a
championship winning combination this year. I sure hope Yamaha finds more power
for Spies and Lorenzo next year.
I also hope that Ducati listen to Burgess & Rossi and put a real frame in the Duc next
year and also find the power they had those first couple of years.

Try to catch the Moto2 race if you haven't seen it. That is some close and crazy racing.

The MotoGP event was pretty good; especially liked seeing Spies get a great start, and Nicky finishing seventh on that unpredictable Duc- especially after crashing out of Misano so early.  Was surprised to see Lorenzo fall back early and then claw his way back onto the podium- not his usual MO.  Simoncelli, as predictably wild as ever, was great fun to watch- he's like the joker in the deck.  Also, was Bautista's sixth his best finish this year?  He seems to finally be finding a comfort level with both the Suzuki and the GP field.  Rossi starting from pit lane as a penalty for using a seventh engine- just another in a long line of weird circumstances the Ducati guys have had to weather this season.  Still, I have to give him credit for making a fight out of getting back into the race.

But, for my money, the Moto2 event was one of the most exciting races I've seen this year!  With 10 laps to go, NINE guys still had a shot at either winning it or getting on the podium- UNBELIEVABLE!!!  And truth be told, almost every Moto2 race this year has been a dogfight at the front for most of the event.  Marquez, Iannone, Bradl, Corsi & Redding made the race a memorable battle.  Haven't seen the 125 race, don't think the dvr has picked it up yet- Tues night maybe?

I think the 125 race is Tuesday as well, I'll watch it once the dvr records it so
I can fast forward through the commercials.

Is it just me or are the American Speed announcer(s) kind of a joke? I love the world
feed and listening to them talk about a "crackin" race and getting all excited about
some of the passing situations. The American announcers all seem rather bland in
comparison. I wish we could get the world feed during the US events.

Agreed, the European guys are not only more 'colorful' but better informed.  Listening to them during the Moto2 race I could've sworn I was in a pub at one point!  :beerchug:  I like that they try to get some of the riders who are either off the grid for whatever reason or retired to sit in occasionally, too.

It was also a treat to hear Toby Moody doing the live commentary at Indy; I've come to truly enjoy his banter from Dakar coverage the last couple years.