• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MotoGP at Phillip Island

Cap'n Bob

Without being a spoiler at this point, anybody watch it?  I will just say interesting. Great race.  And again my apologies to Pat for assuming the WSBK thread was about the MotoGP title fight.  :-[

It was a very interesting, frantic race. Maybe they should change bikes part way through every race!

I don't understand how Marques could have made such a huge error. Was he so caught up in the racing that he totally brain-faded and forgot that he HAD to pit?

That race was an absolute cluster IMO, but it was impressive to see the new lap times with the resurfaced track

As soon as I tuned in and heard about the new rules they put in place, I suspected there would be some confusion.

If I had to lay a wager on it, I'd say Marquez suffered from the same thing that happens to me more frequently the older I get:

[Good song on the radio/Talking with wife/Eyeballing the ZRX that just passed me]
"Wait...was that my exit? S*^&!"

Haven't watched yet, but know the results; been traveling alot for work, not alot of hotels have the right channels, unfortunately.  Need to get one of those boxes that lets you access your dvr over the web.

Very interesting, the discussion about the new tires/compounds causing higher temps on the new surface at PI.  Read an interview where Marquez was quoted as saying, and I paraphrase, 'We did not have a good plan, we thought we could finish the lap and come in at the end', which kind of makes it sound like it was a team strategy screwup or something.  Apparently Pedrosa did not have the same issue, so must've been something specific to Marquez' team, I guess...  :017: