• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MotoGP @ COTA -- April 14th to the 16th, 2023

texas.devops

Doug Re (@Douglasjre) and I would like to see what the interest is in setting up a COG gathering for this coming spring 2023 in Austin, TX for the MotoGP. I remember we were talking about it earlier this year on a thread by Matt Morris (@mytmatt - last seen Nov 2021) but I don't remember seeing a ride report on it. Did it ever get organized?

Not sure if anyone else has been working on this already for 2023, but we're looking to pull something together for those who may be interested. If there's more than a handful of folks we can work on hotel and/or camping arrangements.

Happy to have input from those who may want to get out of the cold and join us here in sunny South Texas for some sweet two-wheel racing action.

Doug and I are standing by for feedback and input. Thx in advance, AB

Ok gents, not sure if zero comments is an indication that there is a lack of interest or if this particular weekend is just bad timing for everyone.

Our initial thought was to make this a formal, COG-sponsored event that goes on the calendar, with campground spots organized and maybe some hoteling within a 30-min ride to COTA. But if we're not really going to get traction, maybe a better idea is to make it an informal gathering where everyone plans their own and we just connect somewhere along the way over.

We're still looking for any and all feedback, even if it is "go pound sand". LOL :^ ) AB

Due to health issues I can’t commit now
If able to come. I’d be happy either with either arrangement.

Being in Ohio, it’s a bit far to come. Went to Indy when they ran there

Yep, those are for the package experiences, I would hope there's a cheaper price for those who just wanna watch the race...

The cheapest tickets are $499?
( My wife wants to know 😁)

Grandstand tickets are available, and COTA has a whole bunch of really nice seating. I've been there for Formula 1 races and very much enjoyed almost everything but the clogged traffic (and standing in concession lines that are setup downwind from the Port-a-Pottys).

I haven't been camping there though, so if anyone here is familiar it'd be a big help to get input.

Please spread the word, especially in the Southern regions so we get maximal input and can gauge interest levels.

Thanks for everyone's help! Cheers, AB

Last edited:
UPDATE:
KOA site nearest to COTA is the Austin East KOA Holiday location, about 20 mins from the racetrack. There are a couple sites left, but what I found surprising is the price @ $65.22 (avg) per night. Wow, that's the price of a hotel room.

I'll edit this post with hotel prices and availability as I find them today.

Cheers, AB

Looks like they did away with the general admission tickets . It was nice to bring our own chairs and move around the track . I bought tickets real cheap last year way out in advance .

We talked it over. We are out for this year.
If we can / do make a trip this year it will be to the national.
(Have never been to the northwest quadrant of our country)

Hopefully COTA will be in the plans for next year, or someday.
Thanks
Bob