• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motogp In Austin

rmiller511

Street Cruiser
Hey,

For you motogp fans -

As you know, the Circuit of America motogp race will happen in Austin on April 8,9 and 10.  A few friends and I will be attending all 3 days.  While there, we plan on getting some serious saddle time in on the incredible Austin hill country roads.  We will be staying in a 26' state-of-the-art toy hauler that will be parked in the trackside RV parking.  Our tickets are for turn 12, which is an excellent place to watch the race.  Turn 12 is actually fairly close to the RV parking, so taking a break from it all in luxury is just a short walk away.

Anyone in the Houston and surrounding areas is welcome to come riding with us even if you don't attend the race.

And yeah, this includes you, TAZ, Fred and Ted. 

The weather in Texas in April is fantastic - that is, if it isn't busy storming.

And if you cannot attend, send me money and I will have whatever you want autographed by Rossi, Pedrosa, Marquez, Lorenzo or whoever.  I personally have bought an AGV Rossi Icon replica helmet to have signed.  If you would like a t-shirt, repsol replica jacket or whatever signed, let me know.  I plan to video each signature.

Ride safe, but not too safe - the life you save may be my mother-in-laws...

Rick

Sounds like lots of fun.  I went a couple of years ago for the 3 days and had an absolutely great time.  Gonna miss it this year.  We've picked up and moved out of the area (San Antonio).  Have a super time but be safe! :beerchug:

Thats a nice offer  to do signings like that for folks!

I'll be there as well. We've been to every motoGP race since it started at COTA.

No riding for me. I'll be in cager.  Friends from NY are flying in to go with us to the race.

Planning (Hoping) to go myself for the first time. Maybe a road trip out from south Ga? Hmm.
Ive heard some horror stories about parking, What lots are paved?

I did not go last year but I think any lot that is not up close to or against the venue's fence is not paved.  Satellite view on maps may show best.  Dark black is paved, light is most likely gravel.

Most are not paved.  And not good bike parking.  I've never ridden to the track.  However the main entrance is paved and parking for bikes is free for motogp and I think it's paved.  Email customer service.  They will tell you

Yep, i see a lot of complaining about the parking problems last year at the F1 race, when a hurricane dumped tons of rain in that area.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Yeah not much they can do if it rains.  I only went Friday.  Skipped Sat and sun because it was windy and 40f.