• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MotoGP just got a lot more interesting - Thanks to Fabio Quartararo

ONOBob

Fabio Quartararo, Rookie of the year last year on satellite team Yamaha, has won the first 2 races of the season.
8 time defending champion Marc Marquez / Honda is out - high sided and broke his arm in the first race.
  I'm not an MM fan.... at all.  That's why I kinda lost interest in MotoGP the last few years...

BUT... This Quartararo kid is breath of fresh air. 
He's still on a satellite team, but on a "factory" bike.... not sure I understand the arrangement.

It should be real battle when MM comes back.

Go Fabio!

Ride safe
Bob

I am still hoping that binder and zarco catch up, those guys did great in motogp2

But I agree, not being a MM fan, loved to see this kids take 1st. MM is too wreckless but he is a force to content with.

MM is an awesome rider. He recovers from slides like nobody else can.
However, I agree that he is reckless and a danger to others and himself when he gets "in a mood".

This years Honda seems to be a bit of a handful and all the Honda riders seem to be struggling.
The Yamaha's on the other hand seem more stable and predictable so even though they are down on power vs Honda/Ducati they get to the finish line.

It's also nice to not hear the Spanish/Italian National Anthem as there are so many Spanish/Italians in MotoGP that I'm bored of their Anthems.
Good to see Rossi having a good ride in the most recent race as well.

Next race is Austria Red Bull Ring so the Honda's may be dominant again there.
At least it's not a 1 horse race this year  :great: :)

Watched the race the other day and agree Fabio is kicking butt.
Also liked seeing Rossi have a good race again.

I wish the guy {I forget his name} had gotten past Rossi/etc sooner; as he might have been able to get close enough to battle with Fabio.

Ride safe, Ted

WSBK is coming up in a few days.  Jonathan Rea was killing it last year.  Hey , he's the Kawasaki guy  :))

@Ted
That'd be Maverick Vinales, Rossi's team-mate.

The problem with WSB is it's been the Jonny Rea show since forever now, so it's just boring to watch.
We had a brief sniff of a change at the start of last year with Bautista on the Ducati winning several races, but then they reduced the RPM limit on the Duke and increased the RPM limit of the 4 cyl bikes, and from then on it was the Jonny Rea show again.
Much as I like to see a Kawi and a Brit (Ok, Northern Irish) win, it's more fun to see real racing with a mix of winners.