• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motogp

enumclaw

Great opening to the motogp season today!!  Won't spoil it for those that have recorded it for later, but damn, that was some good racing!

SPOILER!!

1. Speed TV in HD up here, but I have no doubt it is under pressure for the audience who mouth-breath along with "Dumbest Things On 4 Wheels" and "Redneck Racing".  So stupid they insult the intelligence of a politician.

2. I'll spoil it if you won't Chip:

- fantastic racing where we see the B bikes actually run with the 4 A bikes (FINALLY!!!)

- something strange about the track surface in turn 6 IMHO - both Lorenzo and Bradl went down there in a millisecond after losing the front

- Rossi's back!!!!  Thought for a mo that he might take a weakened Marquez, but the kid is just too good I fear

- watch for Bradl, Bautista and the 2 Espargo boys this year - mark my words

- don't like Crutchlow's mouthiness so it was nice to see him downfield and behind his partner - seems the new rules had him running almost out of fuel on the last lap

- starting to get some respect for Smith even though he seemed to get a good ride ahead of more deserving sorts

- hope the new rules keep the racing this close for the rest of the season - it was a super race right to the finish and would have been fantastic without the fallers

- flipped past a NASCAR race and it seemed there was always a fender bender/pace car happening - 35 incidents yesterday as I think I read

- Email SPEED and tell them you love MotoGP!!!!!!

Peter

I purchased the season video pass for 149 euros which is $194 or a little over $10 a race.  Nice thing is you get all motogp, 2, and 3 races, all practice sessions, no commercials, different views at the swype of a finger, and all pre and post interviews.  Plus a can stream it from my iPad to my 50" through Apple TV

Rob said:
ChipDoc said:
Where does one get to actually watch this stuff?

Fox Sports 1 is carrying motogp this year, in the US anyway.

FS1 carried it on Sunday, then rebroadcast Tuesday evening. Which is good for me, because my TiVo hiccuped over the weekend and I didn't get it recorded the first time. I was just able to watch the race last night.

Fox Sports 2 is carrying Moto2 and Moto3. Sadly, my cable package doesn't include those channels, so I won't be catching those races this year unless someone posts them on YT and I catch them before the 'Cease and Desist' letter arrives from Dorna.

I'd really love the web video package, but I just can't justify the cost to the family accountant.