• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motolight Group Buy

Loren

Moped
Industry Vendor
I have been talking with Motolight and think I can pass on a nice discount to everyone if I can put together a group order.  The discount would be 20% off retail for 20 or more light kits.

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

C14 would use the radial mount
C10 would use Caliper or strap mount

Prices would be

Radial Mount 35 watt Halogen Retail 20% Off
Brushed Aluminum                                 440 352
Black Powder Coat                                 460 368
Glass Black                                 475 380

Radial Mount LED
Brushed Aluminum                                 540 432
Black Powder Coat                                 560 448
Glass Black                                 575 460

Caliper Mount / Strap Mount 35 Watt Halogen
Brushed Aluminum                               385 308
Black Powder Coat                               405 324
Glass Black                               420 336

Caliper Mount / Strap Mount LED
Brushed Aluminum                               485 388
Black Powder Coat                               505 404
Glass Black                               520 416

If interested send me and email to get on the group list

http://www.motorbikesaddles.com/Contact.htm

Here are some more photos of the lights on my bike.  I moved the lights from another bike to the C14 and upgraded to the LED lamps when I purchased the radial caliper mounting kit.  Motolight makes real nice hardware.  I like the sleek look of the lamps and mounting is pretty clean.  Their wire harness ext... is all nicely done.  The group buy would be going through my business as a dealer.  I paid retail for my lights, and do not regret the purchase, although 20% off would have been sweet.  ;)

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4054jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

With low beams on to compare
IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

With high beams on to compare
IMG_4063.jpg

Okay here are night comparison photos.  The camera does not capture the true depth of the lighting but it is apples to apples.  The Motolights are the High Output LED units which have a 25 deg beam spread vs. 10 deg for the standard LED's

Below-Low Beams Only
01LowOnly.JPG

Below-Low Beams and Motolights
02LowandMoto.JPG

Below-Low Beams Only with a different camera exposure
03LowOnly.JPG

Below-Low Beams Only and Motolights with a different camera exposure
04LowandMoto.JPG

Below- High Beam only
05HighBeamOnly.JPG

Below- High Beam and Motolights
06HighandMoto.JPG

Below- Motolights only....No headlights
07MotoOnly.JPG

I have the MotoLights on my Harley Ultra Classic and they do a great job of lighting up the road directly in front and along side of you while riding at night. Glad I had them when finishing up the Blue Ridge parkway back in May. They are definately worth the money and with Christmas right around the corner, Hopefully Santa (Really... Mrs Claus) will let you order them for your Connie.

Since I just ordered a new Cal Sci windshield and 3M Reflective kit for the Connie. :)  Sadly, my Mrs Claus said no :'( So, I'll have to wait until after the holidays. But thanks Loren and let us know when you put the list togehter for the next group order.

Just got a set for Xmas for my 2005.  Does anyone have the torque for the caliper bolts.  My bike is in FL for the winter and my manual is in Ohio Duck

Duck said:
Just got a set for Xmas for my 2005.  Does anyone have the torque for the caliper bolts.  My bike is in FL for the winter and my manual is in Ohio Duck

I'm 90% sure that it's 24 ft-lbs.