• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Motoport find

Bud

I managed to run into a hot deal on a mesh jacket and pants today on eBay. It turned out that the guy was only 45 minutes away. I asked if I could come try them on. He agreed to that, so it was off to Kentucky. They fit well enough so I bought them. $300 each. In great shape. High vis jacket. Grey pants. Both have liners. The pants have sacrum armor. Feels like someone is cupping my butt!šŸ¤£. He also had a nice tour master 2 piece rain suit in hi vis for $50. Couldn't pass that up for the money. During the conversation it turned out that he used to work in a psych ward with a lady bicyclist I do computer work for from time to time. He said his riding buddy was his brother that passed in 21. We talked about riding together sometime. Very nice guy. Might have met a future riding buddy. Twas a good day.šŸ™‚

Sidenote
eBay charged sales tax for a private sale. Thought sales tax was for businesses only. Learned something.

All ebay sales now collect sales tax on the item and I shipping costs as well depending on the state.

Exception is international sales which is probably handled at the customs level outside of Ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud
I managed to run into a hot deal on a mesh jacket and pants today on eBay. It turned out that the guy was only 45 minutes away. I asked if I could come try them on. He agreed to that, so it was off to Kentucky. They fit well enough so I bought them. $300 each. In great shape. High vis jacket. Grey pants. Both have liners. The pants have sacrum armor. Feels like someone is cupping my butt!šŸ¤£. He also had a nice tour master 2 piece rain suit in hi vis for $50. Couldn't pass that up for the money. During the conversation it turned out that he used to work in a psych ward with a lady bicyclist I do computer work for from time to time. He said his riding buddy was his brother that passed in 21. We talked about riding together sometime. Very nice guy. Might have met a future riding buddy. Twas a good day.šŸ™‚
Good for you. Loving my motoport. Just bought a new set of pants and sent my jacket back. Replace sleexe zippers for 19 bucks. 2015 and this is the first maintenance I have needed. I am going to send the original pants back to replace the inner liner where my boots caught and ripped them. Now that I have a second pair I am OK with sending it back.
That Hi Viz fades pretty quick. I went with black once I saw a couple of faded jackets. No matter. It is what protects you well and BREATHES. Coolest and fastest drying stuff ever.

Reactions: Bud