• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MotoReflective: Pre-Cut Reflective Kits for Your Saddlebags

EffBee

Tricycle
For the past 15 years, my wife and I been making pre-cut vinyl Reflective Kits for sport-touring motorcycle saddlebags.  It used to be a part-time job, back when we still had full-time careers.  But now that we're retired, we're focusing on growing the business and making sure we help create as much conspicuity out on the road, so our customers get where they're going, and get back home, as safely as possible.

At MotoReflective.com we use only the highest quality 7-Year/7-Mil 3M Reflective Vinyl for our reflective products.  And everything we sell is 100% Made In The USA, from raw materials, to design, to the labor.  We’re proud of that.

We've had Reflective Kits for the C10 Concours for many years, and donated door prizes and raffle prizes to the COG National Rally for several years.  We have recently added a new Reflective Kit for the 1400.  All photos are shown below.  And here's the link to the Kawasaki page on our website.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask. 

Reflective for the rear of the saddlebags on the Kawasaki 1400 Concours.  Part #: RK-214.  $26.95
i-W47WCp5-XL.jpg

i-jnKRBWS-XL.jpg

Reflective for the rear of the saddlebags on the Kawasaki 1000 Concours.  Part #: RK-210.  $29.95
i-DPsPRZn-XL.jpg

i-rF6rhvd-XL.jpg

Reflective for the saddlebag lids on the Kawasaki 1000 Concours.  Part #: RK-211.  $19.95
i-pncmTw8-XL.jpg

Wow, talk about perfect timing, I was about to post a question to see if anyone knew where to get this... The bags on my Concours have the set but the right bag sticker is looking ragged. Consider one set for the C-10 sold.

I have the reflective rear on my C10. Talk about lighting up the night! Highly recommend. Great price too.  :motonoises:

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your wife on the successful retirement, for keeping busy and for creating a genuinely fantastic product that will keep riders safer !! Something that simple but makes THAT big of a difference is worth every penny. Going to order now...thank you ! :)

EffBee ... I one doesn't ask ... one doesn't receive  :-[

Any chance of a 10% off discount or free shipping because we are all such nice guys/girls at COG ... or for Christmas? Pretty please?  >:D

Aussie said:
EffBee ... I one doesn't ask ... one doesn't receive  :-[

Any chance of a 10% off discount or free shipping because we are all such nice guys/girls at COG ... or for Christmas? Pretty please?  >:D

Unfortunately, much as I would like to, we can't discount because we have dealer/partners who carry our products.  Discounting would put us in direct competition with these partners and would undercut them, which would be entirely unfair.  But you're right.  You can't receive if you don't ask.

Do you make clear fitted kits to protect the top of the bags from foot marks getting on and off the bike?

Thanks,
Bearbait

bearbait said:
Do you make clear fitted kits to protect the top of the bags from foot marks getting on and off the bike?

Thanks,
Bearbait

No, we only work with 3M reflective vinyl.  What you're looking for is a completely different product, but I do know a little about it.  One of the more popular brands is called Clear Bra.  If you recall the popular car "bras" of 20 years ago, this is a directly applied clear vinyl tape product that helps protect the front of your car from paint chips.  It is installed by Clear Bra professionals, who are often the same people who do those vehicle wraps you see on the road.  Look up one of these people near you, and see if they'll sell you some scrap.  A couple of square feet of this material should do it.

Also, 3M has a Paint Protective film. Here's a link to PayPal where several vendors are selling this product.  This is the product I use on my bike.  Also, a bit farther down on the same PayPal page are some Clear Bra vendors.

I'll give you a warning, though.  If you do the installation yourself and intend to wrap the material over the edge of the saddlebag lid, you may get wrinkles due to the compound curves in that area.  You can't wrap compound curves unless you have experience and know how to properly heat and stretch the material.  So try and keep it just to the top of the saddlebag lids and maybe just a little over the edge.  That should give you the protection you're looking for.

Well the first 24 of these new Reflective Kits are gone, mostly to members here and on one other Concours board.  Thank you all.  We're ramping up another batch, getting ready for the last-minute Christmas rush.  Should be ready to ship them by Monday.

very safe !
do you have thim in red please ?  ... in central europe only red is allowed on back...
(white in front, orange at sides)

beegee, we just started working with a brand-new reflective material from 3M that is red during the day, and reflects red at night.  We can custom cut a red kit for you if you want, but the price will probably be an extra $5 because of the price of the material.  If that's OK, go ahead and order through our website.  Here's the link to the Kawasaki page on our website.  In the PayPal notes, please indicate that you want it in RED.  We'll contact you how to PayPal the additional funds.

Well, the C14 Concours Reflective Kits have been moving pretty briskly.  Thanks to all here who ordered them.  If you haven't received yours yet, you've at least received an email with your projected delivery date.  I believe every one will arrive by this coming Tuesday, in time for Christmas, except for the overseas orders which will take somewhat longer.

And yes, if you missed out, we will be open between Christmas and New Years, so if you get your order in, we'll be here to make sure it gets shipped out.

Thanks all, and Merry Christmas! 

We're very grateful to this forum, but we didn't want to take too much advantage of it, so we haven't posted in a while.  Now, though, it's time.

We need to thank COG and the site's administrators for this wonderful opportunity.  The sales of our Kawasaki C-14 Reflective Kits has been amazing, starting when we first posted and just growing and growing through the summer.  The word has gotten out.  Every day or two another handful of these kits roll out the door, headed to Kawasaki owners in the U.S, Canada and around the globe.  We have more than 60 Reflective Kits available for a variety of motorcycles, and we deal with riders worldwide.  So it's great to see the C-14 owners here have this kind of dedication to conspicuity and safety. 

Thank you one and all. 

Thanks for being a COG Industry Member, and for bringing us such well designed reflective kits for our motorcycles.

Well, I'm only about 10 days late responding to you, Al.  But you're very welcome.  It's truly a pleasure to make a product that is so well received and that performs such an important function.

I just ordered a set for my C14, thanks for putting out a great product! I've seen a few C14s and C10s on the road with these in our long cold dark days and these help with being seen much more.  :great:

robertv said:
I just ordered a set for my C14, thanks for putting out a great product! I've seen a few C14s and C10s on the road with these in our long cold dark days and these help with being seen much more.  :great:

Well, it's been a good year for MotoReflective.com.  This has been our 16th year of making pre-cut reflective kits for the backs of saddlebags on sport-touring bikes.  And the Kawasaki Reflective Kits have TAKEN OFF!!!  Robert, you're part of the reason!!!

The GTR1400 Reflective Kits (Part #RK-214) have been steady movers all year long, as knowledge of them grows.  And there are still plenty of strong, reliable C10's out there.  So those reflective kits (Part #RK-210) move, too.  Overall, a couple of Kawi kits every few days and, along with a few dozen of the other 80 reflective kits we make, and it helps the bills get paid.  But this past month the increase in demand for the GTR1400 Reflective Kits has almost quadrupled!  Whether it's all of you spreading the word, or seeing them on each others' bikes, we've had to increase our inventory levels just to make sure we continue to ship within 24 hours of receiving your orders.  And we're caught up and still getting more orders.  Thank you all!

Thanksgiving was a few days ago, and one of the things we're grateful for is the excellent patronage we've received, as well as the positive comments on both our products and our customer service.  We've been working hard on both for a decade and a half and it feels good to know it's appreciated.  Now, as the Christmas Holiday season approaches, people are buying more reflective kits as gifts for themselves, for a spouse or for their friends.  So please get your order in early so we can get it to you by Christmas.  And if you decide to order at the last minute, don't worry.  We'll get it packaged and loaded onto Santa's GTR1400 immediately for quick delivery.

Again, our thanks and appreciation, and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

WE'LL BE SHIPPING THROUGHOUT THE HOLIDAYS:  We're not going away for the holidays this year, which means we'll be shipping product every day through the end of the year (except when the Post Office is closed).  2105 has been a good year for us and for our customers who rely on added conspicuity to help them get where they're getting, and back home, as safely as they can.  We hope you're among them, and if you aren't yet, we hope you'll Be Seen and Be Safe soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, and a great big Thank You for letting us be a part of this COG Forum.