• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mountain Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfarm1

2009 with about 34,000 miles on the clock. I'm a transplanted goldwing owner and still ride like one.

I had the pleasure of meeting with Steve at his home last week and got the deluxe version* of the Mountain Runner flash installed (*he did all the work). I've run 2 tankfuls now on the new flash.

My impressions:

The engine runs significantly smoother, and the bike feels lighter at times almost like floating along.

Throttle response improvement was noticeable.

Shifting is also improved (I had already removed the throttle slack).

My normal MPG as displayed is around 47.5, but my own calcs are ~1.5 MPG less.
On the return home from Steve's, the computer showed 53.9!

After the first tank 246 miles/4.86 gal = 50.6  (computer 52.3) 

Mileage after second tank 262/5.1 = 51.3  (computer 52.7)

Overall, I am very happy I decided to go with Steve's flash. And having a trusted technical support at the other end of an email or phone call... Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.