• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MpGs on the Natchez Trace

warwgn

Mini Bike
So last week had to go up to Huntsville Alabama for some training and I took the C10, a buddy of mine came over and we worked on his bike then sunday met another buddy and rode the trace from Jackson Ms up to Tupelo for lunch where we split I got back on the trace north and continued to just inside Al when I went east.

Anyway when I finally stopped for gas and checked mileage it was 51.84 MPG!! That is the highest I have ever got on anything, and so glad to see it, makes me think my summer trip to Nova Scotia and across Canada will cost me much less in fuel than I am accounting for. Think the average speed limit across Quebec and Ontario is about 60mph so that is prime fuel mileage right there. Amazing to me how it can have such a wide range of MPGs , best is 51.84 and worst was 33.39 so far, all depends on the speed.

Nice mileage.

BTW, if you try to stick to the speed limit in QC you will probably get run over, just sayin'. Ontario will generally be OK running 15 over in the non metro/town areas.

Lotsa pretty stuff up there and folks generally drive better. I really enjoy traveling everywhere in Canada.

I enjoyed riding the Trace at the Hohenwald rally, but  if a road ever cried out for cruise control, that's the one.