• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mt. hood loop ride

marv

Do to the wild fires in the Columbia river Gorge, I regrettably need to cancel the Mt hood loop ride for the health and safety of our riders.

I do hope that this ride can be rescheduled before the rains hit

Thank you for your understanding.  Marv Ambuehl  NW AAD. 

Gumby said:
Bummer deal Marv,

This can easily be rescheduled.

Might be a good idea to pre-ride the part of the route that burned before committing to a date.  Sometimes the smell of fire needs time to mellow.

Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
Might be a good idea to pre-ride the part of the route that burned before committing to a date.  Sometimes the smell of fire needs time to mellow.
The smell of smoke is everywhere, we're getting used to it. :mad:

I'm pretty sure you guys have smoke up North from all them Canadian fires too.

Being 64 or so miles from the border, we do indeed have lots of smoke. But at least there is not any ashes falling out of the sky and landing on the cars like in years past.

Gumby said:
Charlie_Gary_AAD said:
The smell of smoke is everywhere, we're getting used to it. :mad:

The smoke smell isn't so bad.  It's the smell of burnt forest after a rain shower that kinda sucks.  We're getting most of our smoke from two fires close to Seattle, plus it's snowing ash everywhere.  It makes me glad this was the week I had to deal with a pinched nerve in my back, because all the ash in the air makes me want to drive my truck anyway.

Indeed, the ash everywhere is crazy, I don't remember seeing it do that before around here.  :??:

Been driving the truck all week...  :(

Lots of ash during the fire that Pateros burned in. didn't do much motorcycle riding then either.  We had partially burned evergreen needles landing on everything. Really stood out on white cars/trucks. Didn't see any Pine needles though. This evening I went out to a friends house. I was above the valley he lives in and could see the smoke was thick in that valley. Spokane is saying no outside exercise.