• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Murphs front tip over bars.

Here ya go.

Attachments

• Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install.jpg
    Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 2.jpg
    Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 2.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 3.jpg
    Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 3.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 4.jpg
    Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 4.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 185
  • Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 5.jpg
    Rivco Front Tip Over Bars Install 5.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Pay particular attention to where the top bracket attaches to the frame which also attaches the motor. On my bike the bolts either snapped or loosened with regularity. The shimming instructions should be followed closely. I didn't at first and spent parts of trips in hotel parking lots with limited tools replacing the lost nuts.

Hey thanks
I could not read the instructions so I installed them by the pix.
Used red locktite on every bolt and nut. They are installed correctly.
Should stay put.
Didn't read about shimming tho...

Hey thanks
Should stay put.

From what I've read here some bikes need the shim and some don't . I've had the bars for 9 years now and haven't had an issue without the shim . A couple times the bolts loosened up slightly but that's it .

Thanks for the replays
Well when I took out the upper bolts and nuts they were very tight. And if there was a shim there.its still there . nothing fell out.

Although when I removed the lower bolts. The left was barley tight and the right was not tight at all.
Hopefully the murphs bolts dont loosen or break

Hey thanks
Should stay put.

Hhmmmm...you may regret that when it's time to do something where you have pull them off to remove the Tupperware. I usually have to take mine off about once a year or so to do something. Many years in use, including one drop in the basement, haven't had anything loosen up yet.