• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Murphs Headlight Harness

Wess

For some reason my headlight harness has went out. Does someone out there have the schematic that you could post or fax to me so I can trouble shoot it? As always thanx for your assistance. Respectfully Yours! Wess Heavner COG #8010 CDA #0239
2488051070102653285S200x200Q85.jpg

That's bad news. I was just gettingt ready to order one along with hella lights and tipover bar mounts. Hope its nothing to bad. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent

Are you saying that your Murph's harness has failed or that your stock one has failed and you're considering getting Murph's? Roger ('07 Wee Strom) COG 5903 Virginia Beach, VA

My murphs is not working. I did a valve job this weekend so I probably knocked a wire off or something as the only thing to actually fail is the relay, everything else is just a wire. I cannot find my installation instructions and thought they would make troubleshooting easier. Either way I will figure it out tomorrow morning. Respectfully Yours! Wess Heavner COG #8010 CDA #0239

Did you check to make sure that you have power to the stock headlight plug? Remember that the stock plug is what triggers the relays. Roger ('07 Wee Strom) COG 5903 Virginia Beach, VA

I had forgotten that it had its own inline fuse. I would still like a copy of the directions and schematic if someone has them. Respectfully Yours! Wess Heavner COG #8010 CDA #0239

Mine did, too and I replaced it, The new version does allow for connection of lights to the low beam and another connection of lights to the high beam so I'm glad I replaced it. However, I'm not 100% sure that the only problem with the old one was that one of the bulb elements burned out. Replace the bulb before you do anything else. It seemed that one of the wires to one of the relays had gone bad or lost a connection, but until I replaced the bulb, the new one did not work properly either.

Uh. Have you thought about asking Murph for another schematic? I suspect he'd provide one as he's a really good guy.