• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Murphs riser vs. Murphs wedge

Tundra

I've tried a 2" risers, not for me.
  Currently looking at Murph's wedge or Murph's 1 3/8 riser. I just need a little pullback, not really interested in much rise, so I feel the wedge would offer the same amount of pullback with slightly less rise. Am I thinking correctly?  Is anyone using just the wedge without a riser? How is that working out for you? Any user comments greatly appreciated, I want to pull the trigger on this today.

I have the wedges, I like them. I feel like I'm in more or a neutral position,  more comfortable.  Don't notice a rise much.  I would reccomend them.

Ride safe
Chris

Thank you Christopher, order placed. I've already tried risers, lowered pegs and settled on my 4th seat. I hope this is what I need. Otherwise this well farkled machine may be traded.

I liked the wedges for the 1' higher and different wrist angle. Didn't like that they brought my hands (arms)closer together. I took them off again. I hope they work for you.
I made my own risers. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1",2". Currently at 3/4 for the last year.
I'm only on my third seat and still looking for better. Which seat did you end up with??

I tried the risers. I put them on and began a trip to Iowa from Pittsburgh. I was dying after about 50 miles. I pulled off at the first service plaza on the Ohio Turnpike and removed them. The stock bar angle fits me pretty naturally. The wedged required my wrists to rotate in, so the hands were more level with the ground. That was very uncomfortable very quickly. If your hands are naturally level when you extend your arms toward the bars, they they will be fine, of not, they won't.

They wont give u enough pull back.  To get the pull back ur gonna need a set of relocators like AST's.  This will move the bars back to you i believe an inch.  Yhey also have risers that not only raise the bars but also mov we them back towards you. 

I use that set up currently with a set if wegdes gets me very close to being very happy.  I will achieve nervonna when i install the Helibars set up i just got...