• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My '76 Triples

index.php

Need some work

Hey I've got one of those!...er.....ahhh....oh wait, mine seems different somehow. :unsure:
Hmmmmm,.....number of cylinders=3, check;
year= '76, check;
number of strokes=2, check;
....oh now I see,..the number of radiators is different (late edit: exhaust mufflers too..er..four)
;)

Last edited:
Hey I've got one of those!...er.....ahhh....oh wait, mine seems different somehow. :unsure:
Hmmmmm,.....number of cylinders=3, check;
year= '76, check;
number of strokes=2, check;
....oh now I see,..the number of radiators is different
;)

Used to have one of those. Another one I should have kept. Rode it from Bloomington to NYC to Boston and back.

I wanted one of those water buffalos so bad back in the day. Suh-Weet!!

I saw two guys slowly riding a Kaw 500cc triple two-up in the parking lot behind the guys dorm. All of a sudden the driver pulled in the clutch, winged the throttle and dumped the clutch. The bike popped a ginormous wheelie and the passengers' head came a couple of inches from hitting the pavement. I don't understand how he managed to stay on the bike... oh, nearly forgot; no helmets.

My Dad use to have a Kawasaki 500 triple. It was a nice dark green. It seemed a lot larger to me back in the 70's. My brother had a Suzuki Water Buffalo way back when as well. That was an interesting machine. I don't know for sure, but he may still have it. I think it was a 750. But I could be wrong, it's been many, many years since I was in the shop where he keeps such things. It was a nice blue color. Like some of my buddies who have owned Kawasaki triples, there's nothing like the sound of those old two strokes. Other than my dirt bikes. I never owned a two stroke for the road. Although I almost bought a Yamaha RD400. But for some reason, I went with a four stroke Honda instead.