• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My Salvage Concours Project

jobyfoley7693

Bought a 2015 Concours w/19k miles from Copart (1st Copart purchase) and had it shipped down from Maine. Studied pictures in detail before buying...but...never know from a picture. Bike arrived and was slightly better looking than pics. From what I have been able to deduce, appears to have been a deer strike on right front side at low speed (although just pulled the last bit of deer hair out of it yesterday). New battery and new fuel separator (two lines on top with tabes were pulled off in strike). Bike started right up and runs and drives fantastic. No errors, all systems go. Victory #1 for sure...now working on getting all the plastics back in place....have bought most already through Ebay including a new headlight....was able to repair the entire left side and looks really good...for now. My OCD will require I buy a new left (center?...one with the Kawasaki logo) at some point. Still looking for a right side lower (Satin finish black piece), right side center-back shroud, and the headlight main surround piece that comes up under the windshield. May just order those new if can't find asap. There is a lower piece on Ebay but the shipping is $80 which is nuts and way over the going rate. I've also micrometer'd the entire front end to ensure it's all straight and checked every nut and bolt.
Still waiting on the Salvage certificate to arrive in my name (Only been a week) and will then start the process here in Virginia of getting a full title on it. Ive been through this before on my 86 Porsche 944 so know what to expect. Pretty simple actually but just take a bit to get it all executed.
Currently spending time working on getting out scratches, removing scaling from any metal, and generally oggling it in my garage. "Going to love it and pet it and call it George." (Old carrtoon reference). Also...Bike has Vance and Hines CSOne system on it and I "believe" it has an ECU tune although not sure exactly how to tell. The O2 sensors are unplugged and nicely taped up so definitely has been attended to. I haven't had the bike up to any speed of note (only below 60) as I don't want to take it out of my neighborhood until I have a plate, etc. The throttle response is immediate and pulls nice through first shift...don't have anything but other bikes Ive owned to compare it to...but I can't see what a tune would do to what I am observing so guessing it's already done. (Previous Sreet Bikes...93' GSXR750 (bought new), 96 VFR750, 2006 VFR800, 2006 ST1300, 2015 ZX6r, 2012 S1000RR, 2012 Multistrada 1200S.
Wide open for suggestions/tips, farkle ideas, etc. Looking forward to getting it online and joining the group rides!

Attachments

• COPART1.png
    COPART1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 188
  • Copart2.png
    Copart2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
  • Delivery1.png
    Delivery1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 156
  • Delivery2.png
    Delivery2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 167
  • Cleanup1.png
    Cleanup1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
Great job on the rebuild project! Hope you can keep us updated on the progress.

Did you find out who the previous owner was? Not sure if it was a COG member/subscriber and if they would admit to this accident but curious though. ;)

Great job on the rebuild project! Hope you can keep us updated on the progress.

Did you find out who the previous owner was? Not sure if it was a COG member/subscriber and if they would admit to this accident but curious though. ;)
Thanks....I love the type projects. Always wanted a Concours so watched this carefully...joined Copart just to be able to bid on it. Haven't researched the previous owner but guessing I will during the Titling phase. I'd actually love to find him/her to be able to get the backstory on all the work that was done, etc. Going to pull the ECU today to see if it was flashed and maybe the name is on there. Bike looks to have been purchased new in 2018 though.

I'm in the middle of an insurance rebuild for an owner of a bike with similar damages. The bike is technically totaled, but the owner wants it rebuilt anyway. I've been waiting for two months on the front fairing piece to arrive from Japan. Apparently there aren't any in the US. The mirror mounting bracket and left footpeg frame mount was also broken. Replacing the mirror mount bracket means the entire front has to come off, including the windshield motor drive unit.

By the time I'm finished, the bill will be more than the bike could be sold for.

Attachments

• IMG_3884.JPG
    IMG_3884.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 123
I'm in the middle of an insurance rebuild for an owner of a bike with similar damages. The bike is technically totaled, but the owner wants it rebuilt anyway. I've been waiting for two months on the front fairing piece to arrive from Japan. Apparently there aren't any in the US. The mirror mounting bracket and left footpeg frame mount was also broken. Replacing the mirror mount bracket means the entire front has to come off, including the windshield motor drive unit.

By the time I'm finished, the bill will be more than the bike could be sold for.
Check on that front fairing piece....I ordered basically all new fairings last Tuesday and picked them all up this morning including all the front fairing pieces. Guessing you may be getting it in the next couple days if not already.

Last date I heard on front fairing was July 14th, its being shipped from Japan. It may be because of the blue color isn't available in the US.