• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My tuning methodology

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
A bit long, but loaded with information. This will help you understand tuning, and my thoughts and methods of tuning. An educated consumer is my best customer. Steve

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400/my-tuning-methodology

Jeez. I thought you just laid around all day playing on your 'puter.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

See ya Saturday at the Last Blast.

Great write-up and explanation Steve.  Thanks for being very transparent and letting us know how you do what you do! I've loved my bike since the beginning but I love it even more since getting the SISF flash done. 

Thanks for all your work on this.

Great write up and I don't have a C14 - but a C10.

I always learn great stuff from Steve.

Well that was a good read. Thanks for all you do to make my C14  a  refined performer compared to stock.
Looks like i need to upgrade to the Mountain Runner.

Thanks for the write-up and the background in what you are doing. I have your second iteration of the flash and can say I agree with your statement that it’s smooth, fast, and economical.  I just had a conversation with a long term Cogger this weekend that I convnvinced personally (not to be taken lightly) that a flash would give his 08 a longer legs for a cross country trip he was taking to Alaska. His response when I asked him how it worked out?  10% better fuel economy. The flash is real.

4Bikes said:
Thanks for the write-up and the background in what you are doing. I have your second iteration of the flash and can say I agree with your statement that it’s smooth, fast, and economical.  I just had a conversation with a long term Cogger this weekend that I convnvinced personally (not to be taken lightly) that a flash would give his 08 a longer legs for a cross country trip he was taking to Alaska. His response when I asked him how it worked out?  10% better fuel economy. The flash is real.

Thanks 4 bikes, the 8-9's actually benefit on better economy ever more than the later bikes because they don't have an ECO mode. Thanks for the kind words and endorsement. Steve

Daytona_Mike said:
Well that was a good read. Thanks for all you do to make my C14  a  refined performer compared to stock.
Looks like i need to upgrade to the Mountain Runner.

Mike I've applied the Mountain runner technology into the full area p system flash. State of the art.  ;) Steve

BTW, if anyone reads my methodology and has any questions at all, please ask them. I want everyone to know what they get when doing business with me.

Steve

I tried to flash my c10, it wasn't impressed, and I almost got frostbite on my... well, it was just too cold.  :))

WillyP said:
I tried to flash my c10, it wasn't impressed, and I almost got frostbite on my... well, it was just too cold.  :))

yeaah... don't do that. Nothing good can come of it  :nananana: :rotflmao:  Steve