• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My turn

suzi74gt4920

I was moving her around in the garage to do some work. My garage is old and the pad is cracked in several places. Its basically a 1 and 1/2 car garage so my other bike and the Connie share one side and my car the other. It was late in the afternoon and I wanted to work on her so I moved the car out and started moving her into the cars spot. As I was moving her over she caught one of the raised cracks in the floor with the front wheel and down she went. I had to call my neighbor to help me get her back up. This old arthritic man couldnt do it by himself LOL! My neighbor came over and helped me and we both chuckled about this because like me he dumped his PC800 last year and this was a 1st for the both of us since we started riding 50 years ago. A learning experience to be sure and a reminder Im not a spring chicken anymore.

I hate when that happens! It's rare when I move one without being on it. I've had some moments in the past being along side the bike. One thing to do to feel more secure is to remove the seat. My feet are easily flat on the ground. I mainly use this trick when I ride a bike up on the lift. Hope you had tip over protection! If not, hope the damage was minor! Thanks for sharing.

I was moving her around in the garage to do some work. My garage is old and the pad is cracked in several places. Its basically a 1 and 1/2 car garage so my other bike and the Connie share one side and my car the other. It was late in the afternoon and I wanted to work on her so I moved the car out and started moving her into the cars spot. As I was moving her over she caught one of the raised cracks in the floor with the front wheel and down she went. I had to call my neighbor to help me get her back up. This old arthritic man couldnt do it by himself LOL! My neighbor came over and helped me and we both chuckled about this because like me he dumped his PC800 last year and this was a 1st for the both of us since we started riding 50 years ago. A learning experience to be sure and a reminder Im not a spring chicken anymore.
@suzi74gt4920 you have provided us a reminder with spring approaching - garage shuffling can easily turn into a machine on the ground.

For your effort you’ve been awarded CDA # 574.

I hope you and your C-10 sustained only superficial damage; sometimes better (against our nature I know) to let the machine fall vs trying to catch it.

Same as Bud I prefer to saddle up to move machines around, less chance of getting off balanced.

Wayne, Carol & Blue