• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mystery Part - Fairing/Dash Extra Part After Replacing Instrument Cluster Bulbs

goldylox

Where does this go? (No smart ass remarks, please)
I heard it rattle down the inside of the fairing and it landed on the ledge of the lower fairing left side.
I had removed the windshield and instrument cluster to replace bulbs that had failed in the dash on the left side.
No idea where this thing came from.

Attachments

• PA292366 Location.JPG
    PA292366 Location.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 206
Without tearing my bike apart, it looks to be one of the brackets used at the main fairing to secure the inner fairing. I know I've seen it, just not sure where exactly.

Underneath the top of the storage compartments. When you open the lid there is a bolt at an angle that goes to that bracket.

Eddie-FL said:
Without tearing my bike apart, it looks to be one of the brackets used at the main fairing to secure the inner fairing. I know I've seen it, just not sure where exactly.
Im going with Eddie

Yes, left inner fairing. Here's a photo of the left one, still in place. I came across it as I evaluated my C10, preparing her for entry into the organ-donor program.
Jorge

Jorge said:
Yes, left inner fairing. Here's a photo of the left one, still in place. I came across it as I evaluated my C10, preparing her for entry into the organ-donor program.
Jorge
I take it the C10 Dr has pronounced that it has passed on

Wow... I forgot the photo; it's too big to post. I'll reduce it on my PC and then post it.
No trip to the Dr. I just figured there was more value in parts than in fixing it. Since I plannned to get a C14, we decided to go for it.