• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nürburgring

oldsawfiler

Crotch Rocket
Some body has to get this section started

Did any of you catch the race in the rain?  Those boys could ride I-5 all winter.
Never seen so much wet.  Kawasaki actually won a race for a change.  They called it a couple of laps after the guy who had been leading by several seconds for most of the race went down.

I missed it. For one of the few weekends this year, I was out riding almost all weekend. I didn't think to tape it either. I guess it was a good trade off. 400-500 miles on two different bikes on Sat & Sun. Too bad it rained on Labor Day. I might have took out the C10 that day!

Just a note though. It's actually called the Nürburgring.

What a crazy race it was. I think they finally called it because they had made it
2/3rds through and it can be official (MotoGP seems to run that way) but it was
certainly a dangerous last few laps with streams and standing water on the track.

Glad Sykes was able to hold onto 1st place and not go down like so many other
riders.

oldsawfiler said:
Some body has to get this section started

Did any of you catch the race in the rain?  Those boys could ride I-5 all winter.w
Never seen so much wet.  Kawasaki actually won a race for a change.  They called it a couple of laps after the guy who had been leading by several seconds for most of the race went down.

Bill, thanks for breaking the new sub-forum in for me!  When Colin sent me the 'go' email, I was traveling to Salt Lake City for work that morning, when I got here at lunch had to work on-site until 8pm EDT, and was mentally toasted after that.

I did catch those races last weekend, incredible action!  Great to see the ZX-10R's getting their moves on in both the dry and the wet.  Sykes did an incredible job keeping that bike up in all that water, and at speed.  :eek:  Found a couple stories on the web concerning Kawasaki's intentions for WSBK next season:

http://tinyurl.com/3nk37ro
http://tinyurl.com/3tvj8zv

That Sykes guy might have what it takes to be a Connie rider.  ;D

I caught that one. No thanks! That's allot of money riding around on that track getting smashed up because the officials would not call it. It was nice to see Kawi win one for a change though.