• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Natchez Trace??

connie_rider

I did some digging and found out that SE COG put on a Natchez Trace Ride several years ago.
I think I recall the North Central or Northeast COG used to put one on beginning somewhere near Nashville??

Is this ride still done, and if so, by which region?

Ride safe, Ted

Ted,

SE COG has had a spring rally in Hohenwald TN which is just off the Trace. Had it last year. We will probably have it there again in a couple years. We are trying to rotate the Spring rally location to different locals to keep things fresh as we will have the Fall rally at TWO in Suches for as long as they are in business.

But, the Natchez Trace is extremely boring, the best part is the norther section.

+1
SE did it a couple of times. You really need to be a history buff to spend long on it.

Ok thanks.
I've been wanting to put it on for years. I was thinking that maybe a group started from the North end and we could travel up from the South to meet them sometimes..

Might tag along with ya'll next time you do it.

Ride safe, Ted

I agree the Northern end is the better part of the Trace.  It is also regularly patrolled by park rangers so obey the speed limit.  THere's a lot of (IMHO) better roads just off the Trace to see.

Back in 08 I went on business to Nashville, wife tagged along so we took 3 extra days an rented a new GL1800 to ride around the south. Did 100 miles in 3 days and saw some very cool stuff on mostly back-roads. The Civil War memorial in Corinth Miss. was sobering, having Sweet Home Alabama come on over the radio as we crossed the bridge into Mussel Shoals was transcendent. So the last day we did the northern 150 miles or so of the N.T. We had been warned about the troopers and all, so after going the speed limit for an hour my wife falls asleep and helmet bonk me. Screw this she says, so I wick it up to floorboard to floorboard scraping speed and we had a blast! Passed a parked trooper and he never woke up or batted an eye so we got lucky. I found it lovely in April.