• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

National Rally Dates for 2020

rev ryder

COG Executive Director
Well, it's that time again...

Time to release the National Dates for 2020.

(insert drum roll)

The 2020 National Rally dates are....

JUNE 15-19, 2020
(and the crowd goes wild)

:great: Now let the speculatin' begin.

The Pope said:
I'm going to guess that it will be somewhere West of the Mississippi.........  :nananana:

So if it's in Illinois, that'll be about 24,500 miles west of the Miss', right?  :)

I hear billings montana is beautiful that time of the year, might still be some as now in the mountains then....anybody ever put studded tires on a C-14.... :)

konehead said:
I hear billings montana is beautiful that time of the year, might still be some as now in the mountains then....anybody ever put studded tires on a C-14.... :)
Had some snow and black ice in Colorado for the 2008 National at Frisco.  Was a little earlier in the month though.  BRRRRRR!!!!

Before I left the BoD, the 2020 location was discussed in Executive Session......

men-in-black-0.jpg

Uhhhhhhh, I don't remember........what were we talking about??!?!?!!!?!?!?!?

:)) :hee20hee20hee:

This years rally is about 4000 kms from me. Would be nice to shave off about 3000 of those!

Gscott said:
Tom is this why you are moving to AZ. so you have a longer ride to the rally?
One of many, hope to see you in Vancouver and around Phoenix next year Scott. :beerchug:

I will NOT be responsible for rain at this one.
Nosireebob!

(notice no rain after I arrived Wednesday afternoon? Curse broken, or maybe just RWTW?)

Pamela and I are in for this!!!!!!!

gr33mAn

Hmmm.... Bit of a trek from Florida.... but a beautiful area. 
Plenty of time to figure something out....  Maybe I can
cut a deal with Space-X.....  :rotflmao:

Mcfly said:
Hmmm.... Bit of a trek from Florida.... but a beautiful area. 
Plenty of time to figure something out....  Maybe I can
cut a deal with Space-X.....  :rotflmao:

Priority Mail? If it fits, it ships!

I'm considering this as an option too. Ride out, ship back or vice versa. The prices are .... wooo, up there. But considering camping/hotel, meals, wear and tear on the bike and body :-\, and the time out of work just for travel is rough. One way is an option, even both. I would 100% want to get in on a shipping set up. Or getting someone to sacrifice a truck and trailer and some butt time driving bikes out and or back would be an option. Paid for of course!  :great:

Mike

Grasshopper said:
Marty, let's talk about this at RWTW, maybe we can get a shipping option together. Then fly in!!

Your best bet would be to have someone that is attending take them out there. The bigger companies would be transporting several across country and making various stops, you would probably have a several day window on the delivery and would probably need someone local to take delivery for you and same on the return. It might be easier to just fly and rent one.

Bugnut said:
I'm considering this as an option too. Ride out, ship back or vice versa. The prices are .... wooo, up there. But considering camping/hotel, meals, wear and tear on the bike and body :-\, and the time out of work just for travel is rough. One way is an option, even both. I would 100% want to get in on a shipping set up. Or getting someone to sacrifice a truck and trailer and some butt time driving bikes out and or back would be an option. Paid for of course!  :great:

Mike
Here ya go.
https://www.twistedroad.com/bike-details.php?perma=2016-Yamaha-R1-5968&date-from=06/15/2020&date-to=06/19/2020&date-from=06/15/2020&date-to=06/19/2020

Sadly, I don't think Jorge and I are going to make it for next year.  Makes my heart sad because I always look forward to getting together with my COG family.

Irene

funsize said:
Sadly, I don't think Jorge and I are going to make it for next year.  Makes my heart sad because I always look forward to getting together with my COG family.

Irene

:'(

funsize said:

Irene

Going onto my prayer list to change before then.  Would love to see y'all there.  O:)

Going to be busy month and I think I'm starting it in Mexico, then Chicago the week before the rally -- but pretty sure I'm in. May be a day late, but I'll be riding up! Really looking forward to my first COG National.

Oooh Oooooh This is gonna be a good one. Great location. Close to Mt Hood and Mt Rainier. Across the water from Portland, Near Tillamook. This trip is a real Winner! I'm so in. Let me know what you find in the way of motorcycle rentals near Portland airport.  :motonoises:

Marty: I'll bet Amazon can one-day Prime-ship a motorcycle there (smirk)  :)

Now don't take this as gospel. Just an OMC rant. But getting to and back from the nat is 50% of the fun. Going from the west to The East coast 3 times now the ride out and back was a huge part of the story. I hear ya, Not everyone can take 2 weeks for a MC ride. But if you can Man is there stuff to C and do. C U there I hope. I heard rumors of a bikini bike wash.

You know, since I retired I've been making an effort to visit my siblings once a year and one of them lives just north of the rally, in Seattle and two live in Portland. I usually fly, but ... I'm seriously thinking about driving out next year, do the rally, touch base with my sibs and take the scenic route home. Hmmm... If I drive the new Dodge I'll have room for more than one guitar too...  Gotta start thinking about a plan... 

>:D

Old Man on a Connie said:
Now don't take this as gospel. Just an OMC rant. But getting to and back from the nat is 50% of the fun. Going from the west to The East coast 3 times now the ride out and back was a huge part of the story. I hear ya, Not everyone can take 2 weeks for a MC ride. But if you can Man is there stuff to C and do. C U there I hope. I heard rumors of a bikini bike wash.

Old Guy on a Connie;  Ohhh nooooo!!  Don't do it!!  :c002: :41:  :-\

If you gonna wear a bikini when you wash my bike,,, no one will come!!! :29: :s_laugh:
  I guess it's Prolly ok if Doug does though...  :-\  {We could take pictures}  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Old Man on a Connie said:

Old Guy on a Connie;  Ohhh nooooo!!  Don't do it!!  :c002: :41:  :-\

If you gonna wear a bikini when you wash my bike,,, no one will come!!! :29: :s_laugh:
  I guess it's Prolly ok if Doug does though...  :-\  {We could take pictures}  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Ride safe, Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyz21LVPYaQ

Bugnut said:

Mike

Having purchased my XR from Texas, I can say with some certainty that shipping bikes to the Rally will
be too nerve racking.  Pick up dates are estimated, as are delivery dates.  More specific dates can be
met at additionsl cost.  My bike was $800 to ship, insured for what I paid for it.  Shipping time was 2-3 weeks.
That's a LOT of worry time (especially round trip).  Plus side, bike was not damaged at all. 

Mcfly said:
Having purchased my XR from Texas, I can say with some certainty that shipping bikes to the Rally will
be too nerve racking.  Pick up dates are estimated, as are delivery dates.  More specific dates can be
met at additionsl cost.  My bike was $800 to ship, insured for what I paid for it.  Shipping time was 2-3 weeks.
That's a LOT of worry time (especially round trip).  Plus side, bike was not damaged at all.
I'll fly out and ride it to the rally for you.  You pay the gas and cost of any performance awards.  Might not even need a motel...

I'll even guarantee the pickup date and drop off date.  :)

Such a deal...

Chris