• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC 2018 planning thread

LSGiant

I copied this from Steve Smith but it applies to our area as well.

As a grass-root, member driven, volunteer club, COG needs your help in the planning and execution our Northeast activities that will bring members in your region together to ride or socialize. More people planning activities provides more activity choices throughout the year. It also adds diversity to the activities. It is fairly simple to organize day activities. All you need is an idea or a destination in mind, and select a date. Then contact me or any Northeast Area staff member to get rolling.

Now is a perfect time to begin giving thought to club activity for the 2018 Event Calendar. Reflect on the great roads you’ve ridden or a favorite restaurant found during a ride (we all love to eat, right?). These can easily be used to as a basis for a ride or meet & greet. It doesn't matter if you've never hosted an activity before and any member can do it. The NC Staff is here to guide and assist you, as well as get the activity on the COG event calendar. The earlier an activity is planned and put on the calendar the more time there is to get the word out. In my experience, Spring activities should be posted on the calendar by the end of January to get the best exposure.

I know it's early but the dates for the 2018 Spider Ride are September 13-16th at the Huzzah Valley Resort. 
I'm also scheduling a tech day at my home on Saturday, April 7th. 

I saw this "planning thread" just sitting, sitting, sitting.......sitting. So I thought I would try to kick it back to life. First off, I am not volunteering for anything, but I am a sucker to help when asked.
I will be going into year 3 with COG next year, personally I love the camp and rides. Cliffs, Soldiers Grove, Back to the Shack, and Kevin Beams ride in KY are all great. I look forward to the Spider next September.
I suggest a NC Regional, camp and ride. Rotate it state to state each year, have it in August as that is the best camping/dry weather in the upper midwest.
Maybe this has been discussed before, just my $.02 worth

Thanks for putting this thread up!

Would like thoughts on a BBQ at my place. Just a kick back, relax. Good BBQ, soft drinks, wrench if you want.

I'm located about 12 miles straight east of KCI.

Thoughts??

Anyone interested in group rides in the Spring in Loess Hills of Western Iowa? 
Some great roads to show you if you don't know the area.

All great ideas.  Did you know that you can look at old events on the calendar just pick months in the past ?  This will give you a feel for open weekends.

Go ahead and pick some dates. I will work to put them on the calendar.

I have rode Loess Hills it is a great area. I have also had some BBQ but never have had enough.

Rasmith said:
Thanks for putting this thread up!

Would like thoughts on a BBQ at my place. Just a kick back, relax. Good BBQ, soft drinks, wrench if you want.

I'm located about 12 miles straight east of KCI.

Thoughts??

I feel an RTE BBQ to KC for coming up.... :great:

Maybe I should plan something for BEFORE spring? Looks like everyone's hungry! Can always cage it to my place. Then I can unlock the taps :)

Here is what I see; Woody(becomes COG member) hosts a weekend ride(camping), in the Loess Hills of Western Iowa(first NC regional), Rick whips up his  BBQ(all you can eat) on Saturday night, Tony,Brian and Jeff play "rock,paper, scissors" for the last sandwich, while I watch drinking some cheep-azz beer!  :beerchug:

Here's a crazy idea-- Around Lake Michigan, come as you can rolling rally. 

Example:  Day 1, Those who can start in Chicago suburbs and take a scenic route to say, Sheboygan.  Schedule lunch and rest stops so others have a time frame to join in.  Camp near Sheboygan. 
Day 2, continue on to Escanaba or so, others join as they can. 
Day 3 on to Petosky or Traverse City. 
Day 4 to Holland or South Haven,
Day 5 back to Chicago. 
Those who joined day 2,3,4 or 5, follow the route they missed until they get to where they joined in. Overnight destinations could be adjusted if a 4 day trip works better, or if we want to take longer.

Just a thought, but it would be a chance to get the upper midwesterners together.  Any thoughts?

MichiGlenn said:
Here's a crazy idea-- Around Lake Michigan, come as you can rolling rally. 

Example:  Day 1, Those who can start in Chicago suburbs and take a scenic route to say, Sheboygan.  Schedule lunch and rest stops so others have a time frame to join in.  Camp near Sheboygan. 
Day 2, continue on to Escanaba or so, others join as they can. 
Day 3 on to Petosky or Traverse City. 
Day 4 to Holland or South Haven,
Day 5 back to Chicago. 
Those who joined day 2,3,4 or 5, follow the route they missed until they get to where they joined in. Overnight destinations could be adjusted if a 4 day trip works better, or if we want to take longer.

Just a thought, but it would be a chance to get the upper midwesterners together.  Any thoughts?

dig it  :great:

Hey, like the Western Iowa, KC BBQ ideas.  Of course I'm biased as I live only 3 hours from KC and just across the river from the loess hills.

When I hear about a Nationals alternate due to distance, I think of Black Hills Sturgis area.

FYI. Should be picking up a Traeger Smoker tomorrow!

I thought this may be of value here.  It is a list 2018 ride and events  schedule put I put together for the Upper North Central banquet.  At this point in the year it is more of a list than a schedule.

Attachments

• 2018 Upper North Central COG Rides and Events.pdf
    218.3 KB · Views: 115