• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC-WI Gathering on the Green, Fri.-Sun [WI] - 07/15/2016

For those who somehow missed this in the CAN or on the calendar, here's some more info. I'd like to encourage people to go hit the calendar and register so we get a better head count for food.  :great:

I'll be heading down on Friday if anyone from the TwinCities is going and wants to connect to ride down. Meantime, below is the info listed on the calendar:

This is one of the North Central Area’s premier events. Riders from all over the Midwest converge on the Soldiers Grove City Park near the intersection of Hwy 131 and County C in Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin, which is located in the Kickapoo River Valley between Readstown and Gays Mills. Camping in the City Park is first come/first serve. For those who do not wish to camp, alternative accommodations include the nearby Country Gardens Motel (606) 624-3254, or The Roth House B&B (608) 624-3884.

Those who can make the time will arrive on Thursday, July 14th, with most expected to roll in on Friday or Saturday. Simple cookouts will be organized on Friday and Saturday night, along with a breakfast on Saturday morning - with participants kicking in to defray the food costs. To help plan the amount of food needed for the cookouts, please RSVP to Dave McClurg by July 1, 2016.

Was a last minute decision, just made it about 2 hours ago. So if nothing unforeseen happens I plan to be there & ride in on Thurs.

Cliff  :beerchug:

I'm leaving home first thing Thursday. Planning to do it all in one day (GPS says 511 miles), but depends.

Back out to the garage to finish prepping!

Just Cliff said:
2fast said:
Cool Cliff :beerchug: Don't drag any rain along with ya :nananana:

I'll leave the rain down here in exchange for cooler temps!

Weather Underground is forecasting a high of 77 and low of 58 for Friday and 79 and 62 with a 30% chance of a thunderstorm for Saturday.  I will take it...

Arriving today. Hammock camped Kickapoo MO last night. Rained like crazy. Sun all the way to Soldiers Grove today.  :)

I had a good ride-to-eat Saturday afternoon coming out to meet everyone.

Susan and Dave are good hosts and Jake is a great campground chef!

Riding out on Hwy 60 following the Wisconsin River was nice and curvy. A little bit of slow traffic with no place to pass so I just take a breath watch the scenery until time to pass.

Coming back home was nice and uneventful too!

Good times...

Back home after another great Gathering on the Green :great: Had a fine electric display last night that dropped a lot of water. Mo was the smart one that moved his bedroll under the pavilion before the storm.....good call Mo. Great turnout and awesome food provided by Dave and his wife along with Jake and Jess. Thank you for feeding everyone so well :) Several new members showed up, including one from Canada. This event just went international :great: Here's a link to my shots from the weekend. Thank you one and all for making it a success.

http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/bpsnow1/slideshow/Gathering%20on%20the%20Green%202016

I 'developed' my pictures off my iPhone this morning.  Sorry it took so long....

28282484812_eda66b1b04_b.jpg

candid group photo
28308077701_8593479014_b.jpg

Someone's 1931 Roadster dropped in for the "Car Show"
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8711/28104198560_4232f03068_b.jpg

Quite a classic car
28282491222_bdeffb06a6_b.jpg

As always, was good to see everyone and meet some new people.
A big thank you to Dave, Susan and Jake for putting this on.

Well I made back home after a few days of chasing after National Park stamps. The things we do for a excuse to ride  :).

I had a great time & well worth the trip. Not to mention high temps in the upper 70's was wonderful. Much nicer than the heat advisory we're under here in AR.

A big thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting this together. It was a good time, got to meet some new people & see some old friends.

I guess some weather  facts to close this thread out. Last weekend (7/16,7/17) was in the upper 70's, got about 1.5" rain on Saturday night.

This weekend  in SW Wisconsin, temperature in the low 90s, heat index in the low 100's, got 1.75" rain on Friday(7/22) and  a all day rain on Saturday(7/23) of 5"+.