• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC-WI Goose Barn Pizza RTE September 8th (Change)

JerBear

This is just added to the event calendar.  I'm leaving from my home at noon and plan to meet at the Goose Barn Pizza Restaurant located in the Kickapoo Valley reserve. It's in the Rockton-Ontario-LaFarge area at S2106 24 valley Road.  I'll be driving alphabet roads most of the way from Reedsburg if you want to come along.  Otherwise you are welcome to come from your direction too!  Nice place to meet and greet fellow Coggers.  Please sign up on the calendar so I can let them know how many are coming!

JerBear

*Change* Due to awful flooding of the area around the Goose Barn, the unpredictable conditions of the roadways in the surrounding areas and the modest interest in the event  I have decided this event will not be happening.  I will call the Goose barn and cancel for this year.  Perhaps it will be better to plan for next year.

Jerry

Sorry Jerry - wont be able to make this event... already have a family outing that weekend riding UTV's in Nicollet forest Wisconsin...
Looks like a unique location - I have read about this place before and kind of forgot about it... Hope you get a decent turn out.

My wife and I love good pizza, so if the weather is nice, we will be there. We are from the Prairie du Chien area, so will meet you at the Restaurant.

Jerry writes:

I have decided to cancel the Goose Barn RTE on Sept 8th.  There has been record flooding in this area and the areas around the Goose Barn.  It is still open but road closures and debris on the road could be hazardous.  Also, more rain is predicted for most of the upcoming week. 

Maybe next year?

Jerry