• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC (WI, MN, IA, IL) - Weekend Ride to Savanna/Galena, Illinois - Sep. 10-11

ManWorkingHere

We’ll be returning to the historic towns of Savanna and Galena in northwestern Illinois for our September ride.

The Savanna/Galena Ride starts at the Delafield McDonald's (west of Waukesha) at 8:00 AM.  As usual, we’ll try to join up with our Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois friends as we ride through southwestern Wisconsin, cross the Mississippi at Prairie du Chien, and head south on the Iowa side before crossing back to spend the night in the Clinton, IA area.

Others can join the ride at the following times/locations (note that all times are approximate):
• Between 9:30-9:45 AM at the Kwik Trip gas station on Mineral Point Road between Madison and Pine Bluff
• Lunch at the Winneshiek Marina on County Hwy K just north of Prairie du Chien.
Sunday brunch is planned at The Golden Hen Café, at 29 S Main St, Galena, IL 61036.

We will return through some great roads in the Yellowstone State Park area in southern Wisconsin.

Saturday night stayover:
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Clinton
Address: 2224 Lincoln Way, Clinton, IA, 52732, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

Meet At: McDonald's - Delafield, WI
Address: N211 State Road 83 , Delafield , WI  53018
Directions: McDonald's at the intersection of I-94 & State Rd. 83 west of Waukesha, WI.

Planned route attached (subject to change)

I am a newer member of the COG group. Joined in June of this year. But have already participated in 3 events.
My wife and I will join up with you at the K-T on Mineral Point road. Ride with you the entire day down to Clinton, but we must return home that evening, as we are dog owners.
Look forward to meeting some Wisconsin members.

ZG/ZN Kim said:
I am a newer member of the COG group. Joined in June of this year. But have already participated in 3 events.
My wife and I will join up with you at the K-T on Mineral Point road. Ride with you the entire day down to Clinton, but we must return home that evening, as we are dog owners.
Look forward to meeting some Wisconsin members.

Hey Kim,

Sounds great.  Look for me on a blue '01 C-10 model with a sliver helmet and hi-viz jacket coming into the Kwik Trip.

If you know of anyone else interested in a nice day ride, invite them along!

Matt

Rasmith said:
This ride has me wondering if Poopys is still open

Here's a real recent review of Poopy's from Yelp.com:
Poopy's on Yelp.com

5.0 star rating
8/1/2016

1 check-in

Great place to ride out to.  Fantastic food.  Great service. The beer is always cold. And the bands are a blast.  They even have s place for you to spend the night.  Will definitely be back.

So, I would say, yes, they are open.  Why don't you come along and we can check it out?

If I get my moving done, I just might!
Will be between homes for a month so...May as well go nomadic?

Matt,
  I will join up with you at the Kwick Trip gas station. I'll be riding the day only, you did say food involved after all.  :)
I'll be riding a 03 Connie (red).

Dave N.
COG 4475
Rockford Ill.

Just leaving SW Wisconsin at 7:45 AM, no rain here, but still raining in Madison area. Wife and I will be at the K-T by 9:30/9:45 AM.

Nicely done!  Thanks for putting the weekend together and selecting the routes.  I had a great time.

Matt,
  Thanks for hosting our weekend ride. The combo weather was a nice touch.  :)

Dave N.
COG 4475
Rockford Ill.