• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE 2020 Spring Fling Rally [Windham, NY]

johnnylunchbox

NE AAD Hudson Valley
The Spring Fling Rally Registration is now officially open.  Click here for pricing and registration dates and details: https://tinyurl.com/NE-Spring-Rally-Registration

Join us in the Northern Catskills of New York from May 14 - 17, 2020.  I promise there will some great roads to explore.

This will be a small rally, with attendance limited to 60 (We may up this this limit to 80, but the likelihood is that you won't be able to book a room at the Hotel Vienna, there are about 5 lodging options within a mile of Rally Central). We are essentially holding the entire hotel for COG.  Our goal is to keep the rally fee very reasonable, by having an outdoor pizza party in lieu of a formal sit down banquet.

We will be renting a tent, tables, and chairs. The tent will be present for the duration of the rally and will also serve as a gathering/hang-out spot. This cozy and well-kept hotel has a lovely indoor pool with lounge area and Jacuzzi, a spacious outdoor patio with fire pit, tire-kicking friendly parking lot, and a small cozy basement lounge.

Lodging:

Hotel Vienna
      107 State Route 296
      Windham, NY 12496
      518-734-5300
      thehotelvienna.com

We implore you to be considerate when reserving a room, and ask for the layout that would be most efficient in insuring that anyone who is planning to attend is able to procure a bed.  For example, if you are solo or a couple, please don’t reserve a room with two beds.  The hotel staff will be happy to steer you through this and advise you on what room might be best for you, since they have several different room/bed floorplans.

If the Hotel Vienna becomes fully booked there is other lodging nearby, but there are no negotiated rooms or prices other than Hotel Vienna. You are on your own to secure alternate lodging.

We will be providing some suggested GPS routes. Visit here for a link closer to the rally.

The area is so rich with fantastic roads and destinations, that I strongly suggest researching the area.  We couldn’t possibly cover every road in the region.

One of my favorite places to ride Windham Ny, Greene County.  Be sure to check out Neapolis Pizzeria on Main St. I eat there at least every other week during riding season.

Thanks for the input.  Will you be attending the rally?  If not officially, I hope you can stop by and maybe offer some advice or lead a ride on some roads that only a local would know.

Thanks for the heads up on the pizza joint.  We are currently planning on Nunzio’s pizza to feed us.  Would you recommend Neapoli’s over Nunzio’s?

I just checked the availability online and it says only 1 room left.  I'm glad I didn't procrastinate.  Whoever is still thinking of going you better hurry up and book that room.  Luckily there are other places to stay close by.

Thanks for the update Alex.  I will inquire with the Hotel Vienna and verify.  Also, I will soon post a list of hotels very close to rally central.

Additionally, I will start a thread for anybody to post availability or request a room share.

Well, I just checked online & there are NO Rooms left at Hotel Vienna  :'( & is anyone willing to share a room maybe!?  :)

Yea, I guess I waited too long to make a reservation also. Need a queen room if anyone is going to cancel, even a last minute change of plans. I will start looking for close by hotels but nothing like being at Rally Central.

JohnnyLunchBox said:
I will have an announcement by Monday of alternative lodging VERY close to rally central. Stay tuned.

Hey, Mr. LunchBox what about tenting somewhere on the hotel grounds if someone would offer a room to shower in or we could wash up in the lobby restroom maybe as it looks like a couple of good spots to set up a tent there on the hotel grounds!  :)

I will have a name for the overflow hotel, which is about 2000 feet away from the Hotel Vienna.  I should be able to announce it this evening.  Just adding some finishing touches to the deal.

STAY TUNED

Sailor Rich said:
JohnnyLunchBox said:
which is about 2000 feet away from the Hotel Vienna. 
STAY TUNED

That all depends on the time in the evening one attempts to saunter back. Could stretch out to 4000 feet.

two roads diverged in the woods, and I stumbled

A NE email blast has been sent out to NE COG members detailing alternative lodging.  Any COG member outside the NE area can contact the organizers for details.  The details will be announced for all forum members here on Friday. 

A short preview:  we have secured 20 more rooms at a nearby hotel, and have upped the attendance limit to 80.

Here is a Spring Fling rally update

May 14 - 17, 2020

Hotel Vienna, Windham, NY (Northern Catskill Mountains)
We anticipated this event to be a quick to sell out, but we didn't expect the rooms at Hotel Vienna to get fully booked in only a few weeks.
Do not fret...  We have researched additional lodging, trying to find a compromise of some place close to rally central and reasonable cost. A nice motel was found only 0.4 miles from Hotel Vienna (2 minute ride or 8 minute walk) and we got a block of 20 rooms. This also allows us to increase maximum rally attendance.

Where:            Albergo Allegria
                      43 NY-296, Windham, NY 12496
                      https://albergousa.com/
                      518-734-5560

There is a full service restaurant on-site. Breakfast is available, but NOT included in room rate.  However, free cookies, coffee and tea are available 24/7.

We’ve negotiated a nightly rate of $140/night for any room. Each room is unique, so it’s best to call to see what room layout would be best and most efficient. There are photos of the rooms at their web site. There are other motels in the area, but we have not negotiated any rates.  You may find a less expensive room at another motel, but you’ll also be farther away from rally central.

Presently there are 46 attendees registered, and we have increased maximum attendance to 80.

Register online here:
https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=258862

As we've mentioned, this event is smaller by design, with a limited attendance based on the tent size and room availability. Our goal is to keep the rally fee very reasonable by having an outdoor pizza party in lieu of a formal sit down banquet. Early registration is only $25 for members and associates.

A portion of the rally fee will help cover the cost to rent a tent, tables, and chairs (the remaining cost will be picked up by COG northeast budget). The tent will be present for the duration of the rally and will also serve as a gathering/hang-out spot.

This cozy and well-kept hotel has a lovely indoor pool with lounge area and Jacuzzi, a spacious outdoor patio with fire pit, tire-kicking friendly parking lot, and a small cozy basement lounge.

Remember:
• Early registration fee discount ends 3/31/2020.

See you at the rally.

Is the North East Rally,. In May 2020..  Still on with this  "Wuhan Virus "  going around.. !??? I mean I'll still go it won't stop me , I'll be going to the Dragon in NC in June any way. LMAO :motonoises:

Its two months away. Are you really expecting a cancelation this far out? Maybe, maybe not. The world might have already ended by then and it wont matter.  :D

Russ said:
Is the North East Rally,. In May 2020..  Still on with this  "Wuhan Virus "  going around.. !??? I mean I'll still go it won't stop me , I'll be going to the Dragon in NC in June any way. LMAO :motonoises:

The event is still on.  The hosts are monitoring the situation and registered attendees will be notified by email if there is a change of plans. Notification will also be posted here and on the calendar rally web page.

S Smith said:
Russ said:

The event is still on.  The hosts are monitoring the situation and registered attendees will be notified by email if there is a change of plans. Notification will also be posted here and on the calendar rally web page.
Steve, when you come down to the Dragon, let me know. Perhaps we could hook up :great:

Well, our provincial prime minister just extended the isolation/self-quarantine edict to May 4th... In my case, it's looking less and less likely I'll be able to attend... I am waiting until end of April to cancel my hotel reservation, in case a sudden change of situation occurs and it's safe to go to public places again...

From where I live, it looks like half of 2020's (already short) riding season will be cut by half - or more.  :(

I’m getting physched for the Rally! Excellent people and excellent weather forecasted. Happy Easter  :great:

Just got the email of the cancellation.  I'm sure the official post is forthcoming.  Have to say I kinda saw this coming due to the unpredictable circumstances and the fact the National was postponed.  Still waiting for word on Americade but I'll be heading up to Scotty's place no matter what.  Was looking forward to this especially after these 12 hour shifts started at the hospital.  You guys made the right call no telling what the services situation will be in that area.  As soon as the situation gets more settled we should just throw something together so we call all get together and blow off some steam.  Stay strong folks!  The numbers have been promising here in NYC so let's hope for the best.

After much careful consideration and in light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we have sadly decided to cancel the NE Regional Spring Fling Rally in the Catskills - which had been scheduled for May 14 - 17.  We want to ensure the safety of our members and the public at large.

We toyed around with the idea of moving the rally into June, but there are still too many unknowns, and we realize that people plan many months in advance for time off, and may not be able to be so flexible in rescheduling.  Additionally, we still do not know if by June that any travel restrictions or social distancing requirements would be lifted, or that food service establishments would be up and running again.

We will refund the registration fee to all registered attendees.  We will work with the COG treasurer to make this as easy and expedient as possible. We ask that you be patient since COG is experiencing a high volume of cancelled events, and I’m sure our Treasurer is working overtime to process refunds.  We will aim to get it done at the latest by the beginning of summer.

As an essential business, The Hotel Vienna will be opened as planned, and they have decided to allow guest to cancel their reservations as late as May 1, 2020. If anybody has a reservation at any alternate hotel/motel, you should inquire directly with them about their specific cancellation policy.  The May 1st date only applies to the Hotel Vienna.

Since the Hotel Vienna will be open, formerly registered attendees can still choose to visit the area and stay as independent tourists.  There would be no COG events (banquet, door prizes, and no registration required) – “Come as you are” they say.  The scenery and riding is still great despite the absence of a COG sanctioned event.  We expect that anyone who decides to go will act responsibly and abide by whatever “social distancing” mandates are in effect.

We cannot guarantee that local food establishments will be up and running or if they have take-out or curbside service.  If you are booked at an alternate hotel/motel and still plan on visiting please confirm directly with them what service might be suspended or available.  At the time of this writing, The Hotel Vienna is not serving continental breakfast and has closed the swimming pool.  This is all subject to change, but we have no way of making any informed predictions.

Hotel Vienna

Address:              107 NY-296, Windham, NY 12496
Phone:                  (518) 734-5300
Email:                    info@thehotelvienna.com

Steve & Sue,

Thank you so much for all your hard work and effort put into this event, We are so sorry to hear about it's cancellation
but understand it completely and support your decision 100%. You both do a wonderful job with these events and we so
look forward to supporting your next one. We also hope that everyone continues to stay safe and isolated until this thing
comes under some kind of control, Then like the Great Terry said, it'll be time to blow off some steam! To Terry and anyone
else on the front lines or even near them, Please stay safe and our best wishes to all of you!

Well looks like Der Fuhrer Cuomo has spoken.  All virus rules in effect until May 15.  I'm still thinking of heading up just to get my head straight.  I'll decide by the end of the month and see if there are rooms.

Terrynyc said:
Well looks like Der Fuhrer Cuomo has spoken.  All virus rules in effect until May 15.  I'm still thinking of heading up just to get my head straight.  I'll decide by the end of the month and see if there are rooms.

Scotty should have a room for you Lake George not too far away Thanks for everything you do!

Terrynyc said:

Should be rooms available... I just received conformation that my room has been canceled with a whopping $11.88 cancelation penalty!    very disappointed rally won't be happening but I am willing to cancel and isolate to flatten the curve sooner to save live and come out of this pandemic sooner!

Still have our room reservation. A month out ( which is a real long time these days) so will decide our plans as we get closer. Hope to see others if we go.

I didn't really want to cancel, mostly because I enjoy the rallies so much.  The hotel also charged me an $11.88 fee for cancelling but that's ok, it's hard times for everyone.  That being said I wouldn't feel right going up and having a good time while the family is back home sheltering in place.  The weather has been great so far and the riding season should've gotten off to an early start this year but this pandemic has nipped that in the bud.  I may still ride up just to say hi to anyone else that might be there but from a distance of 6 feet or more.  ;)

I canceled mine this week with a $0.00 fee. If things open up we will probably try to go see our daughter in Hartford. That trip was postponed from last month and was also going to be at the end of this rally.

From what I understand the cancellation fee only applies to online reservations, it covers their credit card fees.

Considering there was no breakfast, housekeeping or pool, there shouldn't be a cancellation fee either.  But what's $11.88, I'll skip a trip to Starbucks.

Looks like I'll be staying home.  Thanks to the 12 hour shifts the administration decided to give us two extra days off.  I'm sure it's all about looking out for us and not the 23 hour reduction in OT.  LOL.  So my four day weekend became a six dayer!  :)

I'll be taking advantage of the extra rest and getting things done around the house.  Anyone going enjoy!