• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE Fall rally in Vermont

Cap'n Bob

I know it's a little early. But considering the situation that decimated the NE events scheduled this year. Who's planning on attending the NE fall rally in Stowe in September? I don't attend a lot of events anymore for the obvious reasons (well the folks who know me anyway). So I was looking forward to the spring rally Sue and Steve had put together. It was actually kind of silly to stay at the rally considering how close we lived to it and more so that I lived and grew up real close. But we wanted to see folks. But we all know how that turned out. unfortunately it was cancelled.
So now that folks have kind of been recluses for months, things are hopefully starting to ease. As such we made the decision to try to attend the Vermont shindig. I've always loved the Commodores Inn and stayed there many times over the years. I hope folks will attend. I hope things will be back to normal in 3+ months from now. OK, at least almost normal even.
  I registered last night for the rally. Which made us number nine and ten on the attendees list. I spoke with Claudia at the Commodores, this morning and made reservations, god willing. So for now it's something to look forward to.
  I hoping we have a good turn out. For folks who have never been to Vermont in September, it's a beautiful time of year to be there. It was a annual trip for me for many years. So it will be great to go back. Fingers crossed!
So has anybody made the decision to go yet?  I'm sure Kevin has planned another great event for us all.

http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=258861&mo=9&tDate=%7Bd%20%272020%2D09%2D01%27%7D

I know I have talked to a few fellow Canadians about attending and the general feeling is "are we going to be allowed to cross the border by then and if so... and will we want to?" (Pandemic wise).

Personally I am in the "wait and see boat" but I'm thinking this may not be the year for crossing the border.

I have to escape this foxhole that i have been trapped in for too long! Hope to make my way there. Not signed up yet. looks promising though.

I recently booked a room in Bennington Vt for a trip in July...............

Hotel sent a form that must be filled out swearing that I was quarantined for the previous 14 days!
Vermont isn't traveler friendly at this time.

I hope this changes soon.
jason

I want to sign up, but, still waiting to see if they'll be opening up enough to make it worth the trek up.

The VT Governor Just extended it's state of emergency out to July 15.

This is a quote from him today.

"Vermont has taken a county-by-county approach to its quarantine requirements on out-of-state visitors. Asked about a specific situation recently, in which an out-of-state visitor appeared to have violated those rules, Scott said additional action may be needed if those violations become more widespread — such as asking hotels to confirm where visitors are coming from.

“And if they came from a county that is not on the list, that they may have to refuse entry, but it’s not something we’ve put into place at this point,” he said. “But if we continue to see violation of this executive order, then we may have to take other actions.”

Starting June 15, travelers have the option to:

Quarantine in their home state for 14 days before coming to Vermont if driving in a personal vehicle and making no stops along the way OR
Quarantine at a Vermont lodging establishment for 14 days if making stops along the way or traveling by plane, train, bus or other means of transportation

In the last month, Ive ridden in MA, VT, NH, ME, and NY. Overnights in NY and ME. Just need to use your good looks and personality. ( ha ha ).  But haven’t tried overnight in VT yet.

Friends in VT say that out of state plates are being discouraged from being there Whether that discouragement is being voiced by authorities or residents, out of state plates can expect greater scrutiny..........

Well it's three months away. I'm hoping the world is done ending by then. If not, I'm sure it will be cancelled. They can't hold a rally if you can't leave your hotel room. The commodores Inn already said there not sure if they will be open or not because of their Governor. They have a good cancellation policy as well and are not charging me a night up front either. So if we can go, it will be like the spring rally and cancelled. If it's a go, I have a room and we are registered since there is a limited number of rally slots. Not saying you won't get in. Just assured us a slot to see folks.
You never know. With the state of COG any more, there may not be many more rallies.  ::)

I'm registered and reservation made.  Keeping a positive attitude!  See you in Vermont! :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Well that's all folks!  Just got the email rally is cancelled.  Seems Covid is having its way with us all season.  Naturally it's a week after I make my reservations. :'(

Thanks for breaking the news here Terry...  I've been busy at J.O.B. The host and I have had a dialog going about this for a while. Things escalated rapidly the past few days. and Once he got all the facts on the restrictions it was a painful, but not difficult decision to make. NE members can read the details in the forthcoming newsletter. Registered attendees and those who have rooms booked were notified by email. The event calendar registration was disabled. An article in the soon to be published NE Newsletter will inform the area members and provide details behind the decision. As for a Fall Rally Redeux in 2021... only time will tell.